And_Sam

MENA November 2010 Chat

140 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone :) I have never posted here but I thought it would be great to say hello and meet a community of supportive people. Right now I'm having so much difficulty dealing with being separated, and I don't plan to go visit my fiancé until late February. It's hard to be strong sometimes! Right now there is a ton of snow on the ground and I think it's even more depressing to be locked inside during the winter alone. :P I hope everyone else here lives in warm climates! :lol:

Oct. 19, 2010: Sent I-129F packet

Oct. 25, 2010: NOA1

Nov. 05, 2010: Touched

Mar. 01, 2011: Went to Malaysia to be with my fiancé

Mar. 30, 2011: NOA2!

Apr. 08, 2011: Case left NVC

Apr. 12, 2011: Case received by embassy in KL

Apr. 19, 2011: Received Packet 3

May 04, 2011: Received Packet 4

May 06, 2011: Medical examination

May 26, 2011: Interview

RESULT: Administrative Processing

Jun. 18, 2011: Visa received

POE: June 27 @ San Francisco, CA

Married: July 20, 2011

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone :) I have never posted here but I thought it would be great to say hello and meet a community of supportive people. Right now I'm having so much difficulty dealing with being separated, and I don't plan to go visit my fiancé until late February. It's hard to be strong sometimes! Right now there is a ton of snow on the ground and I think it's even more depressing to be locked inside during the winter alone. :P I hope everyone else here lives in warm climates! :lol:

Welcome Elan to Visa Journey. You have entered a good forum from where you can usually get a lot of support. All of us who have been thru the visa process and are goin thru it know the difficutlys of being seperated. This is a great bunch of guys and gals here and if you have any questions just ask. There is never a stupid question.

Well finally went back to work today, she has me working only 3 days right now but its a start. And as I came home, I sat down to watch another drug bust across the street! Unbeleivable!! Have a good hump day!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Hump Day MENA!!! Hey Olivia, Jeanne, Andrea, R and F and IE :star: .. Welcome Elan :star: I pray I didn'f forget anyone :unsure: been very busy.. I will be glad when habibi gets his greencard so my hair can start growing back :crying: Tamara, congrats again on your new home.. Olivia I am so glad you are in your element with your job :star: Andrea I love the pictures... they are really good :thumbs: ... photography is another one of my passions... i still haven't forgotten about the fall pictures... i'm waiting for the leaves to be the right color.. I also don't need to wait too late or they will really FALL :rofl: Jeanne I didn't know you were in the military.. that is soooo cool to be in the Air Force.. when i was younger I wanted to be a fighter pilot, astronaut and fly commercial airliners.. bummer :crying: I salute you Jeanne!!! :thumbs: everyone have a great day... where are the camel pictures.. here is my camel ^@-@^ wait I tried though :thumbs:

Edited by FaithfulandTrue

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

tonight is the last shift, it ends tomorrow. then back to days. :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Good morning and happy Thursday! Going to be a little warmer today with a high of 80. Still beautiful!

We are in the test and interview stage now! Waiting for his interview date! This part of the journey is by far the most

exciting!! Soon it will be finished. I'm so proud of him!

Welcome Elan! I agree with Terrie.....you will have much support here on the MENA forum!

Terrie, so happy you are back to work now and also you have come back to posting!!!

Jenell, yes, I loved the Air Force! Best time of my life! :star::dance:

Hi Andrea, Tammy, Batta, Amber, Olivia, Jackie, Rosie, and Charles!

Have a good day everyone!

200552682v4_225x225_Front.jpg

Timeline

Happy almost Friday MENA~~ Friday is in our sights and we are on target!!!

Welcome to VJ Elan! We are here to answer what ever you need to know! And probably some you don't want to know!!:devil:

Seriously, we are a great group of people!:thumbs:

I didn't realize how close Thanksgiving was!!! I didn't even know it's next week until yesterday!! So, yes, I am very ill prepared!!!

It's a good thing I'm not cooking for a bunch of people!!:innocent:

I am so excited for the holidays coming up!! I think mostly it's because of hubby's first Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year in the US!!

Hmmm but he is STILL wanting to see snow.....

Anyways, he got the call and is starting his new job this coming Monday! So WHOOT WHOOT on a new job!!!

:dance: :dance:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh I know about Thankgiving just sneaking up on us. I was at the grocery store last night (one of those one stop shop type deals) and I was thinking, I didn't even make my list yet for Thanksgiving supplies! :blush: I went home and wrote it out last night. We're having my family over so I have to get cracking! Although I was only at the grocery store I was feeling the holiday spirit (I know it sounds cheesy). I love that feeling! I'm itching to get my xmas stuff out but it's too early. The weekend after Thanksgiving seems like a good time. A little earlier than my usual but I'm ready. What I'm not ready for is all the xmas music. My oldest loves it, lol. He makes me turn it on in the car already.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Oh I know about Thankgiving just sneaking up on us. I was at the grocery store last night (one of those one stop shop type deals) and I was thinking, I didn't even make my list yet for Thanksgiving supplies! :blush: I went home and wrote it out last night. We're having my family over so I have to get cracking! Although I was only at the grocery store I was feeling the holiday spirit (I know it sounds cheesy). I love that feeling! I'm itching to get my xmas stuff out but it's too early. The weekend after Thanksgiving seems like a good time. A little earlier than my usual but I'm ready. What I'm not ready for is all the xmas music. My oldest loves it, lol. He makes me turn it on in the car already.

I'm with you on the Christmas spirit, but I refuse to turn on the christmas carols until Thanksgiving!!:innocent: I've all ready have friends and relatives who all ready have their tree up. I'm holding out until next weekend.:blush:

I'm thinking about replacing my tree this year though. The one I have is older than my son who'll be 14 in December...I wonder if there is an expiration date on artificial christmas trees or just wait until you have a bald spot??:lol:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Timeline

Welcome to MENA Elan.

Terrie watch out in your neighborhood. It sounds scary.

Jenell I hope we get to see your fall pictures. Winter is hitting here this week and next with snow storms coming through.

Charles glad you're happy to go back to days soon.

Jeanne glad to hear you guys are almost done with immigration!

Andrea congrats on hubby's new job!

Mithra I see you changed your name from JVTA. I am happy to hear you're getting in the holiday spirit and having the family over for Thanksgiving. I hope it's a good one.

On the holiday topic we've had our family artificial tree a very long time. Something like 20 years now. I told Mom last year that we should really get a new one because there are spots where branches are broken and plus it's really old. She still thinks it's good and just faces the broken part to the wall. I guess it lasts as long it will last and when one is ready to replace it. People in the neighborhoods around us are already putting up Christmas lights. The company's that put them up and maintain them are offering discounts for those who will put them up early.

This year Christmas started right after Halloween. The stores were already playing the holiday music. A commercial radio station in town started playing holiday music full-time. At our house the Halloween decorations are taken down but not put away. We're invited to Thanksgiving this year at my brother's house. Since Thanksgiving is not at our house we're skipping it and going straight to Christmas decorating since Christmas will be at our house and we have many guests coming from out of town. We've already gotten into the Christmas spirit by going to the Macy's one day sale and shopping for presents. I can't believe the deals they offered. It was like black Friday came early this year too. People were literally dragging on the floor huge bags of items on each arm out the store. It seemed as much as they could slowly carry since there were no carts or extra hands to help. The parking lot was so packed it was hard to find a spot and navigate the store. I've never done a black Friday but I imagine that's what it's like from my experience this week with the sale and the music and the crowd.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hey everyone I am on a week vacation starting next week, wohoo. Anyway hope you guys have a great Thursday night and will see you again tomorrow.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: Timeline

It's ALMOST Friday! :dance:

This time of year brings a total sense of holiday in my office. The tree went up today and several employees will be starting vacation soon.

Thanksgiving Day~we were invited to my daughters house to eat, to my nephews house, or we had considered Cracker Barrel. Well we have decided since this is Ibrahim's first Thanksgiving in America, we will make dinner together ! :blush: This will be fun because we have a blast in the kitchen. Watch on my facebook for a pictorial of the day. What's everyone elses plans for Thanksgiving?

Jax (F)

Timeline

Painting is harder than I thought! Defintely not going to do anymore than what we already did... its enough and what a chore! Pics will be on facebook for our house. Hopefully our bed will get moved over to the house and Saturday we will have our fridge and stove. Last night at moms house but she's only 1 mile away so I will still be over here alot!

Hope everyone is doing well, cant believe Thanksgiving is less than a week away! We are having around 25 or so family members at my grandparents house on Thursday. Friday for "black friday" I have to be at work at 445am... sooooo not looking forward to that! But... that night we are going to the Jeff Dunham show with a brother of mine I havent seen in 10 yrs and a friend I grew up with and havent seen in about 6 yrs. Its going to be a great week!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline

Good morning everyone .

Tamara here are some websites for that :

TushyClean

SANICARE BIDET

Renaissance

And i bought one from this website and it really working good .Bidan

Have a good day everyone .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Timeline

Happy Friday everyone!!

I was looking forward to this weekend because my daughter and sil were coming over to go see the new HP movie and then I remembered I have to go to a meeting tomorrow morning!!!!

WTH??? On a Saturday???? Yep from 9-1pm. Oh well....:hehe:

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving even though I am only off on Thursday!!

Hey Tamara~ here is the website we used to get our bidet sprayer... http://bidetspray.com/catalog.php?category=2

I feel for you on working next Friday..I have to be at the hospital at 0530 BUT I will be getting off hopefully at 2pm so I can still go shopping!!! :star: Yep, I'm a shopper!! And black Friday is my favorite holiday!!! :lol:

I hope everyone is having a great day!!

(to match GC!)

Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.