And_Sam

MENA November 2010 Chat

140 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Wednesday! :dance: 3 more days of work then 'Lexy-time' ! Can't wait to hang out with my awesome granddaughter. We have plans on Saturday.

Sounds lovely.

Olivia~ your SIL is in my prayers for her surgery. I'm glad it's benign and operable. I hope your other SIl is feeling better!

Thank you. There is still a possibility of complication with the surgery where she may suffer from loss of nerve function. It's very scary with the family but hopefully everything will be alright.

Hoping we can get to the Outback for Veterans Day.....i'm a Vet and I love the bloomin' onion and love it

more coz it's free!! Charles and Kat are you going?

Hi Jeanne! I didn't know you were a veteran?

We are waiting to hear from the USDA loan for the house, everything else is complete down to the pending receipt of this loan. Closing is supposed to be Friday. Hopefully I hear the news today for the time on Friday. Its exciting and nerve racking at the same time dealing with buying a home.

How exciting!

Well they didn't approve my visa for Saudi Arabia, I'm feeling a little disappointed and also relieved. I was hoping to see him, but I was also a bit scared to go there especially since we're not married yet. I've heard some stories of women being there alone and some are not good. I guess I will just have to be patient and wait a few more weeks.

Sorry to hear about the visa. I always thought that was strange about Saudi Arabia.

egypt-1.jpg

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Hey everyone, happy HUMP DAY!!!

Well they didn't approve my visa for Saudi Arabia, I'm feeling a little disappointed and also relieved. I was hoping to see him, but I was also a bit scared to go there especially since we're not married yet. I've heard some stories of women being there alone and some are not good. I guess I will just have to be patient and wait a few more weeks.

Andrea-sorry to hear about your procedure and date with the bathroom.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Well I guess it is better not to go to KSA! That is alittle too close for comfort to me, specially with you still being single!

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Timeline

Hey MENA peeps! Been a while, thought I'd check in with a Hump Day hello :) Glad to see that the Blog finally switched...seriously that one would have gone on for years :blink:

Hubby finally got his corrected green card after almost 6 months and the help of the Senator's Office. Woo hoo...done 'til December 2011 for ROC!!!

Mandy sorry to hear you can't visit your honey in KSA. That's a hard visa to get. Usually you have to have a ma7ram, family, or job to get into the kingdom. I know people think whatever they think of KSA, but being half Saudi my experience is that it's not as bad as what I've read or heard. I've always enjoyed my time with my family there and I think it's a beautiful country. Actually, I just had a single friend who made umrah with her family in in May of this year and loved it. Remember it's a dream to visit the KSA for most Muslims at some point in there lives if they can. Hmmm...not sure why I was on the "Defend KSA bandwagon", since no one really said anything bad about it and even more so I'm usually one of the first to talk smack about it, LOLOL! Anywho.....

Olivia, sorry to hear about SIL. I'll say some prayers for you and your family.

Jeanne glad to hear cooler weather is headed your way and enjoy Outback, blooming onion, YUM!

Andrea sorry to hear about the procedure and the many potty trips ahead of you today :(

Jax enjoy your time with Lexi! They grow TOOOOOOOOO fast!

Jenell sorry to hear your going through some things, prayers to you as well, just do whacha gotta do. MENA will still be here when ya come back :yes:

PTG, best of luck with the home loan.

Until we meet again MENA! Have a great rest of the week everyone. Laterz!

Blessed are the heart that can bend, they can never be broken - Albert Camus

Any comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished in any way without express written permission from 100% Al Ahly Fan.

Timeline

Thanks Sharifah. Just to let you all know she's out of surgery. It took 3.5 hours. They had to go slow as not to affect the facial nerve. It seems everything is alright.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

YAY! We got approved for the loan on the house! If the title company is open tomorrow then we close on Friday! OMGosh! We are about to be first time homeowners!!! I'm sooo excited! Get to get a brand new fridge and stove! Paint the walls! Decorate my own house!!! Party over at the new soon to be Abdelsamad house!

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Mandy sorry to hear you can't visit your honey in KSA. That's a hard visa to get. Usually you have to have a ma7ram, family, or job to get into the kingdom. I know people think whatever they think of KSA, but being half Saudi my experience is that it's not as bad as what I've read or heard. I've always enjoyed my time with my family there and I think it's a beautiful country. Actually, I just had a single friend who made umrah with her family in in May of this year and loved it. Remember it's a dream to visit the KSA for most Muslims at some point in there lives if they can. Hmmm...not sure why I was on the "Defend KSA bandwagon", since no one really said anything bad about it and even more so I'm usually one of the first to talk smack about it, LOLOL! Anywho.....

Despite what many people think of KSA I would like to visit there one day, but I have to admit I would be more comfortable going after we're married. A woman from the KSA embassy here in the US called me today and basicailly said the same thing, if I'm not married, or have a male relative traveling with me, or over the age of 45 I can't get a visa. However, I have read online of young single women getting tourism visa's, and Mohamed has even said he has seen women out in the streets alone, although its not very common. Anyway he is planning on returning to Egypt around the first of December, and next week he will be making Hajj there and the following week is Thanksgiving so maybe this happened for the best.

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congrats on the house Tamara!!! Wanted to post and let you know hubby got is teaching certificate today and he was so excited. Now on to the fun of looking for a teaching job!!!

Betsy El Sum

Timeline

Congratulations Tamara!

Thank You Sara! Its crazy how perfect the timing is in our life to be getting a home. I spent thousands on apartments and living away from family while living in Georgia, now a year later here in Texas near family we will have our first home!

Timeline

Congrats on the house Tamara!!! Wanted to post and let you know hubby got is teaching certificate today and he was so excited. Now on to the fun of looking for a teaching job!!!

Thanks Betsy! Congrats to your hubby!!! What will he be teaching??

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well they certified him to teach Arabic in all grades. So now we just have to see what's available. They also have ESL classes here too so that might be an option

Betsy El Sum

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Morning Mena! Happy Veterans days to all our vets (jeanne)! I hope everyone's day is good, looks like the last day of our beautiful 6 degree weather. Think I"m gonna take Tinker to the park and play. Got a busy week ahead!

terrie

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

Happy Veteran's Day to my friends & family that served and are currently serving.

Veterans-Day-2009.jpg

Edited by Cleocatra

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.