agv1974

denied k-1 visa

92 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Bottom line with Casablanca is that they don't like issuing K1 visas. You have to have a REALLY strong case to get one out of Casablanca. I know of someone who was literally told by the interviewing officer, "we are denying your K1 visa, we suggest you get married and try again". You can wait for your case to perhaps be reviewed, or you could just marry and file a CR-1. By the time he'd be interviewed for the CR-1, you'd have a longer, stronger relationship under your belt, and that's what they want to see. Oh, and I suggest you spend as much time in Morocco as your job will allow. They also like seeing time physically spent together. Read up about Casablanca. You have to learn what you're up against. It's one of the toughest consulates in the world to get a fiance/spouse visa from.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Well we are going to continue with the next step which is to wait for the application to get back to USCIS. And maybe contact an attorney.

IF you contact an attorney, you will want one to speak with one who has extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with these kinds of denials. I've seen people on these boards speak very highly of Marc Ellis.

refile the K1 or get married and do a CR-1.

Before refiling a K1 or getting married and filing a CR-1, you will want to make sure the current petition runs its course once it gets back to USCIS. If the USCIS re-affirms your petition, it will go back to the consulate which negates the need to refile for a K1. If USCIS intends to revoke and send you a notice, you will definitely want to respond to it. You may want to read this article authored by the afore mentioned Marc Ellis.

NO......just re-visiting and keeping proofs are/may not be enough. Morroco is a tough nut to crack. Educate yourself on the regional forum and find out what evidences others used when successful. Change how you communicate to generate the desired evidence; you two have to jump through extra hoops because next time there will be increased scrutiny. It isn't pleasant but if you two really want to be together, you both can do it. Now, just do it.

This is very good advice and probably the best thing for you to do right now.

Good luck to you.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Additional info (since I can't edit my post now):

The article I linked to talks about situations that are similar to that yours.

Also, if you decide to marry before the USCIS re-affirms your current petition, then you will need to withdraw it once it is re-affirmed on the basis that you are now married. If USCIS sends notice that they intend to revoke your petition, I'll restate for emphasis that you must respond to it.

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I believe that it's a matter of timeframe and not of prejudice. As other Vj's said, Morocco is a high fraud country when it comes to immigration to the US, and the COs are instructed to be picky and suspicious. Your best move is to go visit again, take as many pics as you can with his family and friends, keep all your chat logs, accumulate as many pieces of evidence as possible, and then refile. I think it's easier, less time-consuming and less nerve-wreking than appealing or trying to fight this decision with the help of an attorney.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: what do you mean denied? no one is denied in k1 category ,unless he got petition in his past that he didnt cancel it...if the consul gave him a blue slip.it means they want another papers to submit it but not denied...or maybe he did a wrong answer about the question from the consul...im sorry for that...its really upset i know...ask another request to review the petition...its really sad for both of you i know...but dont worry you will both ok im sure...just ask another interview request...

Filed: Timeline

Bottom line with Casablanca is that they don't like issuing K1 visas. You have to have a REALLY strong case to get one out of Casablanca. I know of someone who was literally told by the interviewing officer, "we are denying your K1 visa, we suggest you get married and try again". You can wait for your case to perhaps be reviewed, or you could just marry and file a CR-1. By the time he'd be interviewed for the CR-1, you'd have a longer, stronger relationship under your belt, and that's what they want to see. Oh, and I suggest you spend as much time in Morocco as your job will allow. They also like seeing time physically spent together. Read up about Casablanca. You have to learn what you're up against. It's one of the toughest consulates in the world to get a fiance/spouse visa from.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your denial. Please see if you can contact your states senator/congressman for further inquiries on why your petition was denied. It worked on my case. Good luck and All the Best.

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Let me tell u something AGV really I read almost the whole comments on here however it sound for me not necessry to do since I found the reason for why u was denied since the beginning,I have a small experience in VJ but Im also living in Casablanca just away walking from the US embassy and I heard stories about this Asian lady she is do rude bad person like everyday she can refuse many of Visa demands for Visa immigrant or No-Immigrant one also I heard before this Embassy can make a decision about the case before the person asking for the visa can show up there my turn hope its coming soon to stand there face to CO " I wish it will not be this Asian Lady inch Allah" wish u all luck and as others here said its not the end there is always a way to make what u really want life is hard but keep believing on u will live together no matter what.

~Karim.

Timeline

and then refile. I think it's easier, less time-consuming and less nerve-wreking than appealing or trying to fight this decision with the help of an attorney.

Here's the thing about "refiling." If you are talking about getting married and filing for a CR-1 in addition to the other things you suggested, then that may be the best route for the OP. If you were talking about refiling a new K1 petition, that is only a waste of time and money as the USCIS could simply re-affirm the original petition and send it back Consulate.

In case of marriage, a re-affirmed K1 would petition would need to be withdrawn by the filer because of marriage, hence the beneficiary no longer qualifies for a K1 visa.

If the USCIS intends to revoke the petition, then it is absolutely vital that it be responded to. Failure to respond to such a notice results in the USCIS placing a mark of misrepresentation on the beneficiary, such a mark is accompanied by a 10-year entry ban.

Our journey:

Spoiler

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Here is a copy of the reply I recived from the embassy when i emailed them yesterday.....

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your email inquiry. We strongly reject your allegation that the interviewing officer did not issue a visa because of some kind of prejudice. Our officers are professionals and under no circumstances act with a basis of prejudice. Before returning your petition to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for further review, the consular section chief reviewed the file and supported the decision of the interviewing officer to recommend the case for revocation. At this point the Consulate is unable to take any further action on the case, as we no longer have the file. The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services will be contacting you to discuss the return of the petition to their office. If you wish to contact them, their customer service number is 1-800-375-5283. However you are advised to wait a few weeks before contacting USCIS to allow them to receive and review the file.

Due to the personal nature of the information, the file was sent via registered diplomatic pouch (#******).

Did you seriously accuse the consular officer of prejudice? This person holds your future life with your future husband in their hands! Short of filing a lawsuit in a federal court, there is practically nobody you can appeal to if you don't like their decision. Why on earth would you intentionally want to incur the wrath of someone who has so much power over your future happiness by making such an inflammatory accusation? The consular officer may not be your friend, but at this point in the process they are the last person you want to be your enemy! :blink:

Depending on which route you take, this petition or the next one you file is going to make it's way back to the consulate in Casa. You better pray the same consular officer doesn't get it and remember your accusation. :whistle:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Is it routine for them to say at the end that they are sending the file by diplomatic pouch "due to the personal nature of the information"? Unless this is routine in these cases I wonder if this is a hint that they discovered something that they want to hide from prying eyes in the government there. Maybe they are helping you in a way you do not yet realize!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.