Alpsclimber

Slow Down at CSC

80 posts in this topic

CSC is slow because I sent in my petition. It never fails, I get the slowest line every time.

:rofl: You made my day! I laughed for about 5 minutes straight, no kidding... until my tummy hurt that I had to stop and just grin :lol:

2009/12/30 - Met online

2010/03/27 - 1st Visit to the Phils

2010/04/03 - Left the Phils back to the US

2010/05/__ - Engagement (unofficial)

2010/07/19 - Filed I-129F

2010/07/27 - Check cleared

2010/08/21 - 3rd Call to USCIS call center, finally got our Case #, still no mail

2010/09/01 - NOA1 official date

2010/09/07 - NOA1 received, FINALLY!!!

2010/10/06 - Touched (expedite request callback from USCIS, giving us the requirements)

2010/10/07 - Finally got the papers from the doctor and submitted requirements for expedite

2010/10/07 - Touched with callback

2010/10/14 - USCIS website says it's APPROVED!!! mailed

2010/10/19 - received at NVC

2010/10/21 - NVC sent documents to the US Embassy in Manila

2010/10/23 - 2nd Visit the the Phils, touchdown in Manila & flight to Samar, Pamamanhikan for brunch, Engagement Party for dinner

2010/10/24 - Picnic with close family and friends

2010/10/25 - Engagement Party with family in Manila

2010/10/26 - Leave the Phils back to the US

2010/11/22 - Interview at the US Embassy in Manila - VISA APPROVED!!!

2010/12/30 - POE in Las Vegas. TOGETHER AT LAST!

2011/03/06 - Married in Las Vegas

2011/05/03 - AOS, EAD & AP filing date

2011/05/11 - NOA1 for all

2011/05/24 - successful walk-in biometrics (originally 6/10)

2011/06/20 - got online status update and hardcopy of interview appointment dated 6/16 but scheduled for 7/26

2011/07/22 - AP approved, EAD card in production

2011/07/26 - AOS interview. RFE coz they LOST MY MEDICAL!!! GRRR!

2011/07/30 - EAD/AP combo card in the mail

2011/10/21 - finally got my GREENCARD after several complaints all over the place

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

On what are you basing this? The employees at the CSC work 10 hour days, 4 days per week. They have not reduced their staff and they have not reduced their hours. Do you think they are all watching TV? They are producing the same that they always do. It is not unusual for the centers to shift focus from one type of petition or application to another as demand dictates but that is hardly a "slowdown" Trying to trend the processing of K-1s based on the most recent information is silly. That is only bound to change. It is like saying "Gee it has been real warm the last 3 months, so why is it getting cool now?" Better to average it over several years to take in all cycles.

I think he obviously meant "slowdown" referring to K-1 petitions which is what they filed. I doubt he gives a rats a$$ about any other.

Call it what you will, slowdown,redirection whatever. K-1 petitions are slow to non existant right now.

November 2009- Met online

May 13,2010- Visited in Cebu, Philippines

July 01, 2010 I-129f mailed to Cali

July 06,2010- USCIS confirmed delivery

July 12,2010- NOA-1

July 21,2010- file touched

Nov. 19,2010- NOA2 Approved!!!!

Nov. 24, 2010- NVC received

Nov. 30,2010- Hardcopy recieved in mail

Nov. 30, 2010-case number received from NVC via phone

case forwarded to Manilla

Dec. 06, 2010- paid Visa fee at BPI

Dec. 07,2010-Embassy recieved

Dec. 28, 2010- Appt. finally scheduled

Jan. 11,2011- Medical exam

Jan. 18,2011- Interview APPROVED!!!

Jan. 19,2011- Visa printed

Jan. 22, 2011- Visa delivered

Jan. 30, 2011- Guam

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Goood job... I dont see a slow down. my cases were approved within the 5 months that is listed on the website for csc. Even though my application was approved in 3 months and 27 days.. At 3 1/2 months I cant recall tryin to make the sysem go ANY faster when A time is already given (5months)... people Should become worry IF the came gets outside the processing times.. but many are too quick to jump the gun. :bonk:

ummm so just because YOUR case went through, CSC system is flawless?

wow.

im a july filer,only two people from july have been approved so far,so please,explain to me,WHY there are nearly 120 people ONLY on VJ ( you need to realize it represents a small sum of the petitioners ) waiting for their second notice of action?

no one is doubting CSC workers,people are doubting how effective this whole process of changing focus is.

and yes,i dont give ####### about any other visa and processing time either than k-1,and i can assure you if my package and my processing time go over 5 months i am personally going to raise hell,the amount of stress and pressure put on the petitioners is insane.

You say that now, but your only 5 weeks into the process. I am almost 5 months and nothing. Add the crappy attitude that USCIS has towards its customers and you will be just like the rest of us in 4 more months.

Um, my whole point was that waiting sucks, and it's completely normal to get upset and impatient and vent. I don't really see how we are differing on opinion here. I'm on YOUR side. And yes, I'm only 5 weeks in, but that only means that I have a loooooong wait to go. So no need to snap at me.

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Um, my whole point was that waiting sucks, and it's completely normal to get upset and impatient and vent. I don't really see how we are differing on opinion here. I'm on YOUR side. And yes, I'm only 5 weeks in, but that only means that I have a loooooong wait to go. So no need to snap at me.

Hey buddy, I wasn't snapping at you. Sorry if it came off that way. The first three months weren't nearly as difficult as the last 2,5 have been. Maybe Mr. Obama should consider to hire and train some of the few unemployed to help adjudicate petitions.

Timeline

:rofl: You made my day! I laughed for about 5 minutes straight, no kidding... until my tummy hurt that I had to stop and just grin :lol:

Doesn't it always seem that way? It doesn't matter if I am in line at the grocery store, the bank or even disney world! I always get the slowest line! Some advice for everyone, never stand in my line or file a petition after I do!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think the bottom line here is that there are feeling involved, it doesn't matter how rational somebody's answer is, people will wonder and even get frustrated when seeing others getting approved with timelines close to theirs.

Wife's AOS

5/13/10 AOS Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/26/10 NOA Received

5/26/10 Cases showing online

6/04/2010 Fingerprints note

6/25/2010 Fingerprints

7/19/2010 Interview letter received

7/21/2010 EAD Production Ordered

7/21/2010 AP application touched

7/27/2010 AP Received

7/31/2010 EAD Received

8/24/2010 Interview Scheduled - Approved, passport stamped

8/24/2010 Card production email

9/04/2010 GC Received!!!

Children's I-130

5/13/10 I-130 Package sent

5/16/10 Package received

5/20/10 Checks cashed

5/24/10 NOA Received

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ummm so just because YOUR case went through, CSC system is flawless?

wow.

im a july filer,only two people from july have been approved so far,so please,explain to me,WHY there are nearly 120 people ONLY on VJ ( you need to realize it represents a small sum of the petitioners ) waiting for their second notice of action?

no one is doubting CSC workers,people are doubting how effective this whole process of changing focus is.

and yes,i dont give ####### about any other visa and processing time either than k-1,and i can assure you if my package and my processing time go over 5 months i am personally going to raise hell,the amount of stress and pressure put on the petitioners is insane.

"Ummmmmmmm, No" Your assumption because No Where in my text was it mentioned that the system was flawless. BUT people who have always dealt with any process of immigration know that it's a rather costly, and time-comsuming project that's not to be rushed. What I said Specifically was if USCIS gives a clear processing time frame of 5 months why not wait and only when the time is going to pass of has passed should the concern be risen. Ofcourse I understand the need to be unified, no questions there - but there are processes to follow.

I grandmother petitioned for her daughter back in 2003... well uscis NOA1 said the proess would be completed in 999 days .. that's 2 years and 291 days.. that was back in 2006.. NOTHING was approved and we submitted inquiry after inquiry. hmmm still nothing. Have not thought about getting a congressional pull perhaps they would have been here back in 2007/8. The petition was Approved in August 30, 2010.. so 4 years longer. So the system not beiing flawless.. this I know so that's why in Feburary a USC -son.. petitioned for a parent and now they are awaiting interview on 11.1.10 while the Case is at the NVC for another 1.5-2 years... even through all this one must be humble. Many people as your self per your signature just met and got your green cards last/this year NOT knowing the true test for those who may have placed a case file with immiration and still after 7 years nothing has happed. Even so - though we have been tested.. no need to blast the INS/UCSIS that has in some way help family and friends of mine.

It'll work out.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I certainly would like CSC to start processing more I-129Fs. Of course, most of us would like this process to move more quickly. Long distance relationships are more difficult and less rewarding than in-person. There is nothing wrong with wanting that.

At the same time, I don't know enough to criticize CSC or how it focuses on its workload.

That being said, I have been trying to figure out what is going on. Here are a couple posts from other threads on similar subjects:

I am one of the masses who wants CSC to start moving on I-129Fs. When? I hope soon!

Here is my post that outlines the I-130 / IR-1 / CR-1 theory:

I have posted this a couple times this past week, but is fits this thread, too:

I check the progress several times each day to try to determine what CSC is doing.

Based in VJ reports, it seems CSC is focused on I-130s (IR-1/CR-1) applications, with up to five or six receiving an NOA2 each day.

You can see this in the following link:

CSC - I-130 status

Meanwhile, the 1-129Fs are having little or no movement. You can watch CSC's processing of I-129Fs here:

CSC - I-129F status

I cannot wait until 1-129Fs pick up again...

This info seems a lot more detailed than the table of "Approximate Processing Dates" that you find when you click on "Immigration Timelines." I don't really understand how that table is put together. The dates for CSC change by several weeks at a time sometimes on that chart, even though little seems to be happening on the more detailed reports based on the links above.

Good luck to all! May your love endure, and your visa come quickly!

I would very much like CSC to be processing I-129Fs, just like almost all of us. But, unfortunately, we have no control over what is happening or how CSC distributes staff/workload. I wish I did. I know which file would have top priority! (Along with everyone else in this thread and related ones.) :thumbs: But, alas, ...

and...

Well, to be more clear, one of the features of VJ is that multiple people are self-reporting their application processing timelines. If the information is good enough and there is a large enough sample, we can get an idea of what is happening with CSC's overall caseload.

My opinion is that VJ has sufficient reliability in its self-reports and a large enough sample to give us a pretty good idea. Of course, the information is a little imperfect, because people make errors or don't update their timelines or whatever. But for I-129Fs, if you look at the reports from the links (the longer ones, organized by NOA1 issued by each month, approved and unapproved petitions), there are approximately 80-90 or so applications being reported each month for CSC. Similarly, for I-130s, there seem to be about 60-70 or so applications being reported each month for CSC. And from the history, VJ participants seem to follow through with reporting timeline updates at a rate of at least 80-90%.

Moreover, from these same charts (the longer ones--or even the bar graphs), you can see that CSC has processed most I-129s through May 2010, and most I-130s through April 2010. This seems to show that CSC is a little further behind in processing the I-130s--about a month (assuming the timelines for each of these applications typically would be similar).

MOST NOTABLY, based on the top reports from the links (Last 15 Approved Applications), we can see that CSC is reported to have approved only three or four I-129Fs (i.e., CSC issued the NOA2) from VJ participants during the ENTIRE PAST MONTH. To keep up with the filings, at the 80-90% reporting rate, CSC would have to approve about 70 or so applications each month. Thus, it seems that CSC is at a virtual standstill with I-129Fs right now.

For I-130s, CSC is reported to have approved four to six I-130s (again, by issuing an NOA2) from VJ participants EACH BUSINESS DAY. (Please note that I am disregarding reports from the last couple days, in case VJ participants need more time to self-report their updates.) This would equal about 80-100 approvals of VJ participants per month (assuming an average of four to five each day, with about 20 business days in the month). Thus, CSC seems to be processing I-130s at a solid pace.

Does that make more sense? Or is it too many numbers? :wacko:

I don't look at the numbers to criticize anyone. I do it because I want to have an idea about how long the wait will be. I saw that not much was happening at CSC, and then I have been looking for explanations and comparisons. I've looked at VSC and then the I-130s, which led me to the theory above.

At this point, I just keep looking in hopes of discovering that CSC has started processing I-129Fs more regularly. We're all still waiting...

Timeline

"Ummmmmmmm, No" Your assumption because No Where in my text was it mentioned that the system was flawless. BUT people who have always dealt with any process of immigration know that it's a rather costly, and time-comsuming project that's not to be rushed. What I said Specifically was if USCIS gives a clear processing time frame of 5 months why not wait and only when the time is going to pass of has passed should the concern be risen. Ofcourse I understand the need to be unified, no questions there - but there are processes to follow.

I grandmother petitioned for her daughter back in 2003... well uscis NOA1 said the proess would be completed in 999 days .. that's 2 years and 291 days.. that was back in 2006.. NOTHING was approved and we submitted inquiry after inquiry. hmmm still nothing. Have not thought about getting a congressional pull perhaps they would have been here back in 2007/8. The petition was Approved in August 30, 2010.. so 4 years longer. So the system not beiing flawless.. this I know so that's why in Feburary a USC -son.. petitioned for a parent and now they are awaiting interview on 11.1.10 while the Case is at the NVC for another 1.5-2 years... even through all this one must be humble. Many people as your self per your signature just met and got your green cards last/this year NOT knowing the true test for those who may have placed a case file with immiration and still after 7 years nothing has happed. Even so - though we have been tested.. no need to blast the INS/UCSIS that has in some way help family and friends of mine.

It'll work out.

Hi Ricardo, I don't agree with your position. There is no way a 5 month or 7 year wait can be acceptable. We all pay a good portion of our incomes in taxes for our government to serve us. The service we are getting is not commensurate with the taxes we pay. I just isn't right and I don't see the problem ever being fixed. The obnoxious behavior of the USCIS and embassies is unacceptable, but nothing can be done. Only our government can get away with what they are doing because they have all the power in this situation. The government is supposed to be for the people. Now that we are in the electronic age the process shouldn't take more than one month for a properly prepared petition without any red flags.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Ricardo, I don't agree with your position. There is no way a 5 month or 7 year wait can be acceptable. We all pay a good portion of our incomes in taxes for our government to serve us. The service we are getting is not commensurate with the taxes we pay. I just isn't right and I don't see the problem ever being fixed. The obnoxious behavior of the USCIS and embassies is unacceptable, but nothing can be done. Only our government can get away with what they are doing because they have all the power in this situation. The government is supposed to be for the people. Now that we are in the electronic age the process shouldn't take more than one month for a properly prepared petition without any red flags.

1 or 2 months would be nice.. but never possible (just sayin') there are many checks to do and I'd like this done..so that as a means to help keep the country safe. FBI name checks/other doesnt go through that quickly. You joined back in June 2010... you probbely have seen the one posted (female) who said her boyfriend's familyis sending him to his home country to marry his sister.. She would be using a dead person's name as to gain immigrant status to the USA.. See because we have people like this in the world.. it makes the process a lil lengthy... hope you can see that. So that's why the USCIS/Consulate require all these evidence and endless interview questions... poppiing up with Stokes.. many hoops to jump thru.

For me a 5 months wait is kool... still faster that MOST countries a 7 year wait definately isnt.

Edited by RICARDO4EVA2

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We've been waiting over five months......I called yesterday and they said they are still approving applications from March (we sent ours in in April), but I noticed on the timeline that several May filers have been approved.....so who knows. I'll call back next month or at the end of this month.

I definitely feel similar to you...like why does my $455 get me a 100+ day wait for approval and for other lucky people, it gets them an approval in 25 days (like we saw with VSC in July). But I don't think USCIS can predict how long petitions are going to take and a lot of it is because of the papers you send in. If you get an RFE, you have essentially slowed down your own progress, you know what I mean?

I just wish there was a way you could know ahead of time approximately how long it's going to take. I know they say 5 months but the reality is, looking at the K1 Stats page for data pulled from "all time," the average person waits just over 3 months.

Moroccan-Americanflag.jpg

Met in December 2008

Married in Morocco December 22, 2009

Filed IR1/CR1 - April 2010

NOA1 - April 29, 2010

RFE - November 12, 2010

Response to RFE - December 22, 2010

NOA2 - January 18, 2011

Paid AOS and IV Bill - January 27, 2011

Sent AOS/IV documents - March 15 2011

NVC received/signed for documents - March 17

Interview May 10

APPROVED

Hey buddy, I wasn't snapping at you. Sorry if it came off that way. The first three months weren't nearly as difficult as the last 2,5 have been. Maybe Mr. Obama should consider to hire and train some of the few unemployed to help adjudicate petitions.

It's all good, and I'm sorry to be on the defensive. I think the first 3 months are probably easier because there is still that glimmer of hope that you'll be one of the lucky few who are approved in 3 or 4 months, rather than 5, 6, 7+. I'm still waiting for that supposed "excess capacity at USCIS to be aiming to complete 750,000 I-130 applications by 12/31/2010" that was announced by the Dept. of Homeland Security recently (thanks, Loto!). When is THAT gonna kick in???

Man, if it weren't a conflict of interests, I would be the first to sign up to adjudicate a few boxes of those petitions. I need some extra cash to fund all of this travel (not to mention the fees!).

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

It's all good, and I'm sorry to be on the defensive. I think the first 3 months are probably easier because there is still that glimmer of hope that you'll be one of the lucky few who are approved in 3 or 4 months, rather than 5, 6, 7+. I'm still waiting for that supposed "excess capacity at USCIS to be aiming to complete 750,000 I-130 applications by 12/31/2010" that was announced by the Dept. of Homeland Security recently (thanks, Loto!). When is THAT gonna kick in???

Man, if it weren't a conflict of interests, I would be the first to sign up to adjudicate a few boxes of those petitions. I need some extra cash to fund all of this travel (not to mention the fees!).

I also think the frustration is the 'Planning Aspect' to things...

You don't want to waste time off work & money to go visit (unless you are independantly wealthy...LOL...yea right)

So you plan for a 5-6 month separation, (6 months, hummmm we can do this) get some details about a US Wedding started...then you wait, not visiting the foreign country, since theoretically they will be coming to USA 'Any Day Now!' but then it gets close to or past the 5 month point & you think...crud! I coulda been there last month, had a fun visit...came home, worked, made more money, earned more timeoff work...but NOOOO (sarcasism here) I stayed home suffering away from my loved one!

So even tho' we are still hopeful about the 5 month petition timeframe...we are still concerned about buying tickets in advance to acompany the beneficiary, buying tickets early saves money, so does reserving hotels outside a scary consulate in Mexico LOL!

I hope it goes smoothly for everyone here & I wish we had more consulate workers come on VJ & make us feel better about the process.

That is my dos centavos for the day!

Kim

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.