Alpsclimber

Slow Down at CSC

80 posts in this topic

They go in cycles, VSC is slow then CSC is slow and than they even out and eventually one passes the other again. I think it probably just has to do with trends in types of applications, etc.

Edited by amykathleen2005

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

CSC is slow because I sent in my petition. It never fails, I get the slowest line every time.

Lol, that happens to me too.

England.gif England!

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Does anyone out there on VJ have information on why the CSC has apparently slowed down so much recently?

NOA1: July 13, 2010

On what are you basing this? The employees at the CSC work 10 hour days, 4 days per week. They have not reduced their staff and they have not reduced their hours. Do you think they are all watching TV? They are producing the same that they always do. It is not unusual for the centers to shift focus from one type of petition or application to another as demand dictates but that is hardly a "slowdown" Trying to trend the processing of K-1s based on the most recent information is silly. That is only bound to change. It is like saying "Gee it has been real warm the last 3 months, so why is it getting cool now?" Better to average it over several years to take in all cycles.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

On what are you basing this? The employees at the CSC work 10 hour days, 4 days per week. They have not reduced their staff and they have not reduced their hours. Do you think they are all watching TV? They are producing the same that they always do. It is not unusual for the centers to shift focus from one type of petition or application to another as demand dictates but that is hardly a "slowdown" Trying to trend the processing of K-1s based on the most recent information is silly. That is only bound to change. It is like saying "Gee it has been real warm the last 3 months, so why is it getting cool now?" Better to average it over several years to take in all cycles.

Goood job... I dont see a slow down. my cases were approved within the 5 months that is listed on the website for csc. Even though my application was approved in 3 months and 27 days.. At 3 1/2 months I cant recall tryin to make the sysem go ANY faster when A time is already given (5months)... people Should become worry IF the came gets outside the processing times.. but many are too quick to jump the gun. :bonk:

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Country: Austria
Timeline

I am basing my statement on the tracking data from this website regarding NOA1 to NOA2 wait times for I129f petitions at the CSC over the last one (1) year. Extrapolating from these statistics it is apparent that wait times have recently increased substantially. I am not questioning the "work ethic" of these employees but am curious is there is anyone with a viable explanation for this change in waiting time. Do you believe that the CSC has "shifted focus" recently to another petition type?

As you can see from this graph, it is common for each to slow down and speed up.

129fcomparison.gif

England.gif England!

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Goood job... I dont see a slow down. my cases were approved within the 5 months that is listed on the website for csc. Even though my application was approved in 3 months and 27 days.. At 3 1/2 months I cant recall tryin to make the sysem go ANY faster when A time is already given (5months)... people Should become worry IF the came gets outside the processing times.. but many are too quick to jump the gun. :bonk:

Sheesh, give 'em a break, there's nothing wrong with feeling impatient when you're waiting to be reunited with your family member. Nobody is trying to make the system go faster...just expressing normal curiosity and impatience. Yes, we all understand that USCIS works very hard/they have a ton to do/everybody has to wait/people used to have to wait even LONGER/etc. But some days you just get bored and feel lonely and wonder. It's nice to have a community of people to vent to who understand!

Besides, the wait never seems so bad after it's over.

Edited by Kikapoo

IR-5

• USCIS scan date - 11/07/2014
  • NVC scan date - 03/06/2015
  • NVC case complete - 08/01/2015
  • Interview scheduled - 09/14/2015
  • Interview - 10/08/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Slow or not, we have no other choice but to wait and get prepared for the next step. I filed a CR-1 and on VJ's time line, their processing the early May's but I think they're still getting out the last of the Aprils for us. I already went crazy and turned back into a normal person about three times already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Alpsclimber, there are a few threads for June/July filers in the K1 Progress Reports and Case Filing forum if you want to join us. There are lots of us venting about it there.

Edited by JlovesA

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Slow or not, we have no other choice but to wait and get prepared for the next step. I filed a CR-1 and on VJ's time line, their processing the early May's but I think they're still getting out the last of the Aprils for us. I already went crazy and turned back into a normal person about three times already.

Yea, I am with you. I expected something like this to happen so I planned for a summer wedding. My problem is NOT the time involved waiting. My problem is the inconsistent way in which the USCIS processes packets. It creates a disparity with regards to fees and allocations for all parties involved. I am not looking at it from a standpoint of just me and my fiance. I am looking at the overall adjudication process. To juggle adjudicators around from one group to another is never going to create an efficient operation. To charge everyone the same for unequal service, is an inequity (my apologies to anyone who feels it isn't). You are asking everyone to pay the same amount yet you processing them differently is a disservice and unacceptable for a government entity. That's like charging everyone the same amount of tax dollars for police protection and protecting some immediately but then telling others you will have to wait for us to get to you because we are short on bullets. :bonk:

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yea, I am with you. I expected something like this to happen so I planned for a summer wedding. My problem is NOT the time involved waiting. My problem is the inconsistent way in which the USCIS processes packets. It creates a disparity with regards to fees and allocations for all parties involved. I am not looking at it from a standpoint of just me and my fiance. I am looking at the overall adjudication process. To juggle adjudicators around from one group to another is never going to create an efficient operation. To charge everyone the same for unequal service, is an inequity (my apologies to anyone who feels it isn't). You are asking everyone to pay the same amount yet you processing them differently is a disservice and unacceptable for a government entity. That's like charging everyone the same amount of tax dollars for police protection and protecting some immediately but then telling others you will have to wait for us to get to you because we are short on bullets. :bonk:

I definitely feel similar to you...like why does my $455 get me a 100+ day wait for approval and for other lucky people, it gets them an approval in 25 days (like we saw with VSC in July). But I don't think USCIS can predict how long petitions are going to take and a lot of it is because of the papers you send in. If you get an RFE, you have essentially slowed down your own progress, you know what I mean?

I just wish there was a way you could know ahead of time approximately how long it's going to take. I know they say 5 months but the reality is, looking at the K1 Stats page for data pulled from "all time," the average person waits just over 3 months.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

I'm hoping that since its been slow for awhile now, that means it'll pickup now that they'll be getting to mine, which we just recently sent in :)

June 7, 2010 - Will asked me to marry him, and I said YES!!
October 4, 2010 - Will sent away the I-129F Petition
October 12, 2010 - NOA1 received!
October 15, 2010 - First "touch"
October 18, 2010 - Second "touch"
March 7, 2011 - NOA2!!!
March 18, 2011 - NVC forwarded our case to the Montreal Consulate....NOT where we wanted it to go!
March 25, 2011 - Email from Montreal saying that our case would be forwarded to Vancouver - only took one night for a reply from them smile.png
April 5, 2011 - Vancouver has our package!
April 6, 2011 - Received Packet 3 via email - now just waiting on my police certificate.
April 13, 2011 - faxed Packet 3 to Vancouver
April 14, 2011 - received Packet 4 via email
May 4, 2011 - Medical appointment
May 5, 2011 - Interview!! APPROVED smile.png

June 16, 2011 - POE at Blaine Peace Arch Crossing
June 28, 2011 - Got married by Elvis in Vegas!
Aug 8, 2011 - Received SSN in the mail.

Aug 31, 2011 - Sent off AOS Package
Sept 7, 2011 - Package received by USCIS
Sept 9, 2011 - Notice of Action email for AOS, EAD, and AP.
Sept 16, 2011 - Received my Biometrics Appt. letter for the 30th.
Sept 22, 2011 - RFE sad.png
Sept 30, 2011 - Biometrics Appt.
Oct 26, 2011 - Received interview letter for Dec 1st
Nov 4, 2011 - EAD/AP approved
Nov 12, 2011 - Received combo card in the mail
Dec 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED smile.png
Dec 9, 2011 - Greencard arrived in the mail!

Oct 18, 2013 - I-751 Package signed for at CA Service Center

Mar 5, 2014 - Approved! Awaiting greencard in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sheesh, give 'em a break, there's nothing wrong with feeling impatient when you're waiting to be reunited with your family member. Nobody is trying to make the system go faster...just expressing normal curiosity and impatience. Yes, we all understand that USCIS works very hard/they have a ton to do/everybody has to wait/people used to have to wait even LONGER/etc. But some days you just get bored and feel lonely and wonder. It's nice to have a community of people to vent to who understand!

Besides, the wait never seems so bad after it's over.

You say that now, but your only 5 weeks into the process. I am almost 5 months and nothing. Add the crappy attitude that USCIS has towards its customers and you will be just like the rest of us in 4 more months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.