1,485 posts in this topic

its not just you,its everyone,my only hope is that with vermont getting back on track california cant slack off much longer.

i know i know,its a matter of perhaps,maybe,might,but whatever it takes to keep me sane.

i just dont want to hit the five months mark,cause regardless of WHEN we hit it,there will be no hope,there is no guarantee.seriously,i wish president obama could see all this.maybe we should send him letters?emails?link him to this website so he finds out how much people go through to just ENTER the states,let alone adjust status :bonk:

You have to thrive on the maybes and hopefullys. It's funny, I was so patient before, I was expecting the worst (5 months) hoping for the best (6 weeks), but today... I think it really is the fact that I've suddenly realised how powerless we are. Was it you who said that, no matter how high the fees are that we pay, they can basically take as long as they like about it. It's like they're above any laws or regulations. And they really don't give damn if we have to wait forever for our approval. I'm sure it's all not as bad as I'm envisioning, but today I just feel like I'm a plaything for the USCIS that they can throw aside at any time without consequences.

I'm so glad we've got this forum for our angsty days...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Bah, like he cares. We are doing it "LEGALLY" remember? LOL :rofl:

seriously,while applying legally is the correct why,borderjumping is the most effective

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

add to the list i hate the fact that even after the 5 months time limit,there is no guarantee that anything will change

This is is the part that really worries me. Just hitting 5 months doesn't mean it's gonna automatically be approved, they could just as easily say to keep waiting. Only 2 weeks left until we hit the 5 month mark, I'm hoping this week is the week I hear some good news.

K-1 Visa
05/17/2010 – Petition mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
05/27/2010 – NOA1 issued
06/03/2010 – Touch/NOA1 hard copy received in US Mail
10/27/2010 – 5 month mark
10/28/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending'
11/04/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending', but service request generated
11/05/2010 – Notified that background checks are not complete - looks like we're in for a looong wait...
12/07/2010 – Received email notification of NOA2
12/16/2010 – NVC sent the case to Embassy in Malawi
02/28/2011 – Interview
03/14/2011 – VISA APPROVED!
05/04/2011 – Fiance and I came back to the U.S. together! smile.png
07/01/2011 – Married!

AOS
07/02/2011 – I-485 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
07/06/2011 – Packet accepted.
07/07/2011 – Check cashed and NOA1 issued.
07/22/2011 – Received biometrics letter.
07/29/2011 – Biometrics completed (walk-in)
08/23/2011 – EAD Approved
08/31/2011 – EAD card arrived in the mail.
09/12/2011 – AOS interview - APPROVED! GC production ordered
09/21/2011 – Green Card received!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/13/2013 - I-751 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.

06/17/2013 - NOA issued

06/19/2013 - Check cashed

06/21/2013 - Received NOA in mail.

06/26/2013 - Received biometrics letter.

07/02/2013 - Biometrics completed (walk-in)

11/18/2013 - APPROVED! Card production ordered

Timeline

You have to thrive on the maybes and hopefullys. It's funny, I was so patient before, I was expecting the worst (5 months) hoping for the best (6 weeks), but today... I think it really is the fact that I've suddenly realised how powerless we are. Was it you who said that, no matter how high the fees are that we pay, they can basically take as long as they like about it. It's like they're above any laws or regulations. And they really don't give damn if we have to wait forever for our approval. I'm sure it's all not as bad as I'm envisioning, but today I just feel like I'm a plaything for the USCIS that they can throw aside at any time without consequences.

I'm so glad we've got this forum for our angsty days...

it was me.if you tell that part to anyone who works with csc or supervises service centers they will tell you that these service centers were made to offer better service blah blah blah,but the truth is,say on the five month mark,we send a letter,contact a congressman or senator,you know how long it would take for csc to get that and get to it and realize that yeah that case has been well passed the five months mark?not less than the amount of time its taking them to review cases.

This is is the part that really worries me. Just hitting 5 months doesn't mean it's gonna automatically be approved, they could just as easily say to keep waiting. Only 2 weeks left until we hit the 5 month mark, I'm hoping this week is the week I hear some good news.

i really hope so too,i hope they speed up,one case at a time

Timeline

seriously,while applying legally is the correct why,borderjumping is the most effective

way* got i cant type to save the dear life

god*

see what i mean?im literally going nutso

Edited by ygr

What frustrates me are those people who have been approved in 1 or 2 months telling US to be patient and it's not that bad. I respect that comment more from people who have been through the same situation or similar. Those quickie approvals don't realize the problem is NOT the wait, it's the uncertainty due to the fact that the CSC has come to a complete halt. While we are waiting "patiently", they are interviewing. :angry:

Yeah that has been irritating me as well.

Okay, here comes my confession. Like many of you, when I filed I was so excited to be with California: there were countless threads discussing how fast they were lately. I thought to myself, "For once, the curse of Vera has not befallen me." See, I always pick the wrong queue, everywhere. If I think I'm lucky to be in a shorter queue at the supermarket, lo and behold the cash register breaks down, they can't process my debit card, there's is an elderly gentleman paying out his bill in pennies...

I thought I had escaped this. But now I think I have brought this awful wait upon us all.

Lynch me now!

Seriously, though, I just know the feeling of half looking forward to the 5 month mark so you can give them a piece of your mind, and half knowing that by the time December comes around, there are going to be hundreds of people in the same boat, and then how effective can one person be...?

I know what you mean. We were supposed to go to VSC and at that time it was picking up speed but then they transferred us to CSC for supposed 'faster processing.' Here I was thinking 'at last, something is going to work in our favour,' so much for that!

On a more positive note though, I haven't check my case status since Thursday, so at least I'm making progress in that department!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

I am going to watch you very closely. I really hope that you hear something from them before the 5 month mark, but if not, do keep us posted on what you do to get them to speed things up. I'm very curious to find out how they react with this backlog they must have.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, though!

Timeline

I know what you mean. We were supposed to go to VSC and at that time it was picking up speed but then they transferred us to CSC for supposed 'faster processing.' Here I was thinking 'at last, something is going to work in our favour,' so much for that!

On a more positive note though, I haven't check my case status since Thursday, so at least I'm making progress in that department!

hot diggity,you got a " beep " tone of touches

Oh Lord. That is the unluckiest thing I ever heard. I am tearing my hair out on your behalf! Well done on the case status checking. I got so extreme in my methodical checking, but now I've removed it from my list of favourite websites, I'm not reminded about it every time I open up a new browser...

There is no point in checking my status anymore. No one has heard from the CSC in months.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There is no point in checking my status anymore. No one has heard from the CSC in months.

That isn't true actually, a late May filer just received an RFE last week. It's something, I guess.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

That isn't true actually, a late May filer just received an RFE last week. It's something, I guess.

I'm so glad you said that. I noticed it as well, got really excited, then chastised myself for being so pathetic. But it is a sign that they are still alive, and not ignoring the K1s completely.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so glad you said that. I noticed it as well, got really excited, then chastised myself for being so pathetic. But it is a sign that they are still alive, and not ignoring the K1s completely.

Yeah, I'm actually happy someone got an RFE because it means once they send it back, they'll be approved shortly thereafter (or such seems the trend with RFEs). I feel like it's a sign of life, too. I hope this week brings good news!

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Lets just hope that the CSC will work this week and issue us our darn NOA2's... It has been very stressful and just want him to come home! He has been gone over 8 months!:o

Completed:

• Green card: May 10, 2011
  • Sent: October 1, 2015
  • Cashd: October 8, 2015
  • NOA: October 6,2015
  • Fprints: 10/30/15
  • In Line: 11/05/2015
  • Int Ltr: 12/17/2015
    Interview: 01/25/2016
  • Oath: 04/14/2016
  • Field Office: Denver

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Really!? I just about fell over reading that! I'm glad something is happening there after all these months. I would be thrilled even to receive an RFE at this point!!

K-1 Visa
05/17/2010 – Petition mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
05/27/2010 – NOA1 issued
06/03/2010 – Touch/NOA1 hard copy received in US Mail
10/27/2010 – 5 month mark
10/28/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending'
11/04/2010 – Spoke to USCIS representative – 'still pending', but service request generated
11/05/2010 – Notified that background checks are not complete - looks like we're in for a looong wait...
12/07/2010 – Received email notification of NOA2
12/16/2010 – NVC sent the case to Embassy in Malawi
02/28/2011 – Interview
03/14/2011 – VISA APPROVED!
05/04/2011 – Fiance and I came back to the U.S. together! smile.png
07/01/2011 – Married!

AOS
07/02/2011 – I-485 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.
07/06/2011 – Packet accepted.
07/07/2011 – Check cashed and NOA1 issued.
07/22/2011 – Received biometrics letter.
07/29/2011 – Biometrics completed (walk-in)
08/23/2011 – EAD Approved
08/31/2011 – EAD card arrived in the mail.
09/12/2011 – AOS interview - APPROVED! GC production ordered
09/21/2011 – Green Card received!!!

Removal of Conditions

06/13/2013 - I-751 packet mailed to USCIS via certified return receipt.

06/17/2013 - NOA issued

06/19/2013 - Check cashed

06/21/2013 - Received NOA in mail.

06/26/2013 - Received biometrics letter.

07/02/2013 - Biometrics completed (walk-in)

11/18/2013 - APPROVED! Card production ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.