1,485 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone ever tried sending a letter directly to the CSC for a status inquiry? I'm guessing it would get ignored. But I'm also hopeful that there might be some response if I sent a professionally written (without showing any anger) letter asking what is going on or maybe give them a suggestion about how they can better serve us as customers and US citizens by giving status updates or letting us know where we are at in the queue. Maybe I could remind them of some things off their mission statement or core values statement (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=2af29c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=2af29c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD)... again in a non-hostile way (as hard as that would be).

Then I thought what if we got organized here on VJ and got all the May and June (and maybe July) filers to send a letter the same week. Granted us VJ members are just a small sample of the people who have file, I still think it would get their attention if they suddenly got 100+ letters of inquiry. I just don't know if it would slow them down or amount to anything good.

Curious to know what everyone else thinks.

It would go right into the circular bin. My guess is it would never be touched by anyone outside of the mail room. A different strategy (and one I am going to do) is to write a letter to the director of the USCIS, All your congressional reps, The USCIS Ombudsman, and The first lady. This is my plan for November 8th....(my five month mark) As bad as it is, I dont think we have much ground to stand on if they are under their SLA of five months.

Edited by idaho_and_surigao

01-June-2010 I-129F Filed CSC Finally!!!!! After almost three years and 1 baby! Its a great day!

08-June-2010 NOA1

11-June-2010 'touched'

25-October-2010 NOA2

01-November-2010 NVC Received

03-November-2010 Placed into AP at NVC : (

18-November-2010 Case Sent to Manila 18 days in AP..not too bad!

6-7 December- 2010 Medical at SLCC...PASSED!Thank you Lord!

20-December-2010 Interview, USEM VISA APPROVED!

3-Jan-2011, Visa received

12-Jan-2011, POE SEATTLE WASHINGTON USA

11-Feb-2011, Married in Minneapolis MN : )

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

It would go right into the circular bin. My guess is it would never be touched by anyone outside of the mail room. A different strategy (and one I am going to do) is to write a letter to the director of the USCIS, All your congressional reps, The USCIS Ombudsman, and The first lady. This is my plan for November 8th....(my five month mark) As bad as it is, I dont think we have much ground to stand on if they are under their SLA of five months.

i really hope that help your case and in the long run the other filers,specially CSC filers.good luck :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Any good news from anyone at all? this whole thing is really starting to wear me down. i'm just having one of those "friday-night-at-home-while-all-of-my-friends-and-their-spouses-are-having-date-night" nights... and all i can do is look and these boards and pray that the CSC finally gets it together. Maybe next week? hard to believe there was a point in time when i thought we would be preparing for our interview by now. :( oh well... best of luck to everyone. we will all get there eventually (L)

USCIS is a huge slow bureaucracy that should be privatized IMO with some oversight. How long does it takes to do a background check for a job and process an application - certainly not 5 months.

Some kind of collective action to force them to speed up their game is needed - they can basically take as long as they want on our fees.

Edited by godspeed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

USCIS is a huge slow bureaucracy that should be privatized IMO with some oversight. How long does it takes to do a background check for a job and process an application - certainly not 5 months.

Some kind of collective action to force them to speed up their game is needed - they can basically take as long as they want on our fees.

+1

K1 Journey

06-29-2010: Sent I-129F

06-30-2010: CSC receives package

07-07-2010: CSC NOA1 Dated.

07-08-2010: CSC Check cashed.

07-12-2010: Received Hard Copy of NOA1.

10-27-2010: Touched.(I hope it means they work on my case.)

11-16-2010: Touched.(Come on NOA2, Day 132, still waitting)

11-16-2010: NOA2 Dated.

11-22-2010: NVC DAted.

11-26-2010: NVC to Guang Zhou Consulate

12-17-2010: GZC issued the P3.

12-24-2010: GZC sent out the P3.

12-25-2010: We got the P3 from GZC.

12-25-2010: GZC Got the P3 from us.

01-28-2011: P4

02-11-2011: Medical.

02-14-2011: Paper Work intake and Fingers Print.

02-15-2011: Interview!!!

02-14-2011: US time, We got PINK, Best V-day gift ever.

03-02-2011: POE LAX.

He just left today after a week visit. We haven't heard anything since the NoA1. I am pretty devastated right now. :(

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

Timeline

He just left today after a week visit. We haven't heard anything since the NoA1. I am pretty devastated right now. :(

hang in there,worst case scenario you wait 5 months,and then youll be able to as my SO likes to call it " raise hell " :devil:

hang in there,worst case scenario you wait 5 months,and then youll be able to as my SO likes to call it " raise hell " :devil:

I know, but that doesn't really make me feel much better. We still have two months until the 5 month mark and even then I'll just be 1 of hundreds of angry petitioners at the end of a very long line. It won't bring him here any quicker. This is such torture.

Naturalization Process (FINALLY!)

05.29.14 - N-400 filed

06.02.14 - Packet received at the Lewisville Texas Center

06.05.14 - Check cleared

06.04.14 - NOA date

06.13.14 - Biometrics letter received

07.02.14 - Biometrics appointment

07.07.14 - In line

07.17.14 - 'Yellow Paper' date

09.10.14 - Interview scheduled NOA date

10.15.14 - Interview date

10.15.14 - RFE (missing documentation)

10.21.14 - RFE response received in NYC facility

11.04.14 - Oath ceremony scheduled, approved!

11.19.14 - Oath ceremony (8:30am) in Brooklyn - Completed! DONE WITH USCIS!

I know, but that doesn't really make me feel much better. We still have two months until the 5 month mark and even then I'll just be 1 of hundreds of angry petitioners at the end of a very long line. It won't bring him here any quicker. This is such torture.

I know how you feel. :(

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Timeline

we are 50 days away,i just kick myself every day,thinking how stupid i was to think we are " lucky " to be with csc.

my own cousin sent her k-1 paperwork a month before me ( in june ) to vermon,she is already done with VSC and NVC and waiting on her appointment.

its just horrible,but what can we really do?

Timeline

What frustrates me are those people who have been approved in 1 or 2 months telling US to be patient and it's not that bad. I respect that comment more from people who have been through the same situation or similar. Those quickie approvals don't realize the problem is NOT the wait, it's the uncertainty due to the fact that the CSC has come to a complete halt. While we are waiting "patiently", they are interviewing. :angry:

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Timeline

What frustrates me are those people who have been approved in 1 or 2 months telling US to be patient and it's not that bad. I respect that comment more from people who have been through the same situation or similar. Those quickie approvals don't realize the problem is NOT the wait, it's the uncertainty due to the fact that the CSC has come to a complete halt. While we are waiting "patiently", they are interviewing. :angry:

and the people who claim its not a laziness or unnecessary hold up in csc issue.oh good lord.

dealing with the stress of the hold up is one thing,dealing with people telling you it will pass,or your noa 2 will come soon and " it will be a pleasant surprise" and people who constantly ask you if anything has changed is another

add to the list i hate the fact that even after the 5 months time limit,there is no guarantee that anything will change,i mean it has already been 6 months since the processing slowed down

we are 50 days away,i just kick myself every day,thinking how stupid i was to think we are " lucky " to be with csc.

my own cousin sent her k-1 paperwork a month before me ( in june ) to vermon,she is already done with VSC and NVC and waiting on her appointment.

its just horrible,but what can we really do?

Okay, here comes my confession. Like many of you, when I filed I was so excited to be with California: there were countless threads discussing how fast they were lately. I thought to myself, "For once, the curse of Vera has not befallen me." See, I always pick the wrong queue, everywhere. If I think I'm lucky to be in a shorter queue at the supermarket, lo and behold the cash register breaks down, they can't process my debit card, there's is an elderly gentleman paying out his bill in pennies...

I thought I had escaped this. But now I think I have brought this awful wait upon us all.

Lynch me now!

Seriously, though, I just know the feeling of half looking forward to the 5 month mark so you can give them a piece of your mind, and half knowing that by the time December comes around, there are going to be hundreds of people in the same boat, and then how effective can one person be...?

Edited by VeraVimes

Timeline

Okay, here comes my confession. Like many of you, when I filed I was so excited to be with California: there were countless threads discussing how fast they were lately. I thought to myself, "For once, the curse of Vera has not befallen me." See, I always pick the wrong queue, everywhere. If I think I'm lucky to be in a shorter queue at the supermarket, lo and behold the cash register breaks down, they can't process my debit card, there's is an elderly gentleman paying out his bill in pennies...

I thought I had escaped this. But now I think I have brought this awful wait upon us all.

Lynch me now!

Seriously, though, I just know the feeling of half looking forward to the 5 month mark so you can give them a piece of your mind, and half knowing that by the time December comes around, there are going to be hundreds of people in the same boat, and then how effective can one person be...?

its not just you,its everyone,my only hope is that with vermont getting back on track california cant slack off much longer.

i know i know,its a matter of perhaps,maybe,might,but whatever it takes to keep me sane.

i just dont want to hit the five months mark,cause regardless of WHEN we hit it,there will be no hope,there is no guarantee.seriously,i wish president obama could see all this.maybe we should send him letters?emails?link him to this website so he finds out how much people go through to just ENTER the states,let alone adjust status :bonk:

Timeline

its not just you,its everyone,my only hope is that with vermont getting back on track california cant slack off much longer.

i know i know,its a matter of perhaps,maybe,might,but whatever it takes to keep me sane.

i just dont want to hit the five months mark,cause regardless of WHEN we hit it,there will be no hope,there is no guarantee.seriously,i wish president obama could see all this.maybe we should send him letters?emails?link him to this website so he finds out how much people go through to just ENTER the states,let alone adjust status :bonk:

Bah, like he cares. We are doing it "LEGALLY" remember? LOL :rofl:

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.