Sleepytiger

I-130 touched on 5 months

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

either you miss understand me or you don't read enough.

I'll suggest to you that you have some confusion on entities

USCIS approves petitions

NVC handles Visa Application intake (DoS Entity)

Consulate/Embassy approves Visas (DoS Entity)

I'll also suggest that you read it again, with some understanding of 'who is who'.

Good Luck with all !

---

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I spoke to someone on another forum who actually had his I-129 closed due to not filing it at the same time as his I-130, he posted it on the March filing forum.... so the article was correct and this post actually proves however, his I-130 petition was still being processed without a problem.

I believe it is wide to file both together and there is substance in the article.

wise not wide!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I'm not afraid to ask questions, I find that some responses are conflicting and therefore I research further and ask those with a far better understanding of the visa system (if I can) on procedures and time frames, the simple fact of MY circumstances is, I spend like most people hours a day working hard to pay the bills and when I come home from my job as an Electrical Engineer I find something’s not as easy to digest, like the hundreds of different information forums and site on visa petitions.

I have been wondering about the time frame between now (I-130 & I-129 approved) and the time when I can expect to purchase a plane ticket to fly and be next to my wife once more.

I have been breezing through visajourney and posted some similar questions in the hope I get a response that doesn't sound like it has come from someone who just gets kicks out of ruining someone’s day.

Timeline

I-129 closed due to not filing it at the same time as his I-130

sorry, yer not understanding the 'normal' process.

The I-129F and I-130 are NEVER submitted into USCIS concurrently. It's NEVER filed 'at the same time'.

His I-129F was closed at NVC, because NVC is administratively closing the I-129F casefiles WHEN an I-129F and I-130 travel together from USCIS to NVC. 99.99% of the time - they do travel together.

Suffice it to say, yer I-129F will be administratively closed at NVC in a few weeks, and you'll be 'forced' to run through NVC Processing for a CR-1/IR-1 visa.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I have been wondering about the time frame between now (I-130 & I-129 approved) and the time when I can expect to purchase a plane ticket to fly and be next to my wife once more.

If I were in yer shoes, I'd be heavily scrutinizing exactly what happens after USCIS approval.

To be certain, the casefiles are sent to NVC.

To be even more certain, the I-129F will be administratively closed once NVC logs the casefile into it's system.

I strongly suggest you not purchase a plane ticket until AFTER you know of the interview date. Interview dates are assigned prior to the actual interview, so you'll have anywhere from 2 to 11 weeks of 'prior knowledge' for the interview day -

but even then - suggest you 'stretch' a bit - don't leave on interview day - plan to leave 7 to 10 days after interview day, as the London Embassy still needs to mail yer 'visa packet' back to you.

Electrical Engineer? Hey ! Me Too ! Suggest you mock up a flowchart of process, IMO 'all' will become clearer to you, then.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Personal attacks are not necessary Sleepytiger/Jugglemuppet. Darnell is not being wise and giving you the thruth. He is advising you to read up on the procedures.

I've posted for you on another thread what happens next at NVC. After NVC comes the interview, and yes you will interview. All you have not is an approved petition, you do not have the visa yet. The petition allows you to apply for the visa. You still have a ways to go before this is finished

Good luck to you

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is what you are looking for:

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

It will help you understand the process at the NVC. You might want to start working on the forms and getting all your supporting docs in place ...

It ain't over yet, not by a mile. But, things will start moving much faster from now on, and you don't want to slow it down :no:

Edited by missads

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Personal attacks are a violation of the Terms of Service for this site. Post violating TOS has been removed. This is an official warning to Sleepytiger - you have been receiving valid information whether you are willing to accept it or not. You do not have the right to attack the messenger because you do not like the message.

Any repeat posts like the one removed - or any further insults or personal attacks will result in administrative action. In the meantime, you should take your own advice about learning manners.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 3 weeks later...

My wife and I filed are petition in March and June, the I-129 was petitioned after our I-130 and some news articales are stating that they have to be submitted at the same time and if they are not then they will close the I-130 and continue with the I-129, this is not true, in my case anyway.

Today both our petitions have been touched and in a conversation with a rep at the USCIS centre in Califonia we were told that they combine both regardless.

Anyone have their petition touch (K3/I-130/I-129) at this stage? If so did you get any news soon after? or as the case may be... long after?

they touched mine I-130 and I-129 at same time 3 days in the row,that hepend somtimes in june and after that nothing, by septembar 9 I will be full 5 months,and Im hopping will get approved soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.