crede

Fiance wont LEAVE!!!!

70 posts in this topic

to the OP i would contact USCIS and an immigration lawyer.

coudl you arrange for her to stay with a family member till her flight back?

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

to the OP i would contact USCIS and an immigration lawyer.

coudl you arrange for her to stay with a family member till her flight back?

Why bother? She was unfaithful. Not his problem.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

listen, there are many different types of people out there... some take their responsibilities seriously and some do not. just becasue they've found a legal loop-hole, bascially the courts dont uphold this document, they consider it just a piece of paper. but some of us take what we sign seriously... our word is our bond and when we speak people know that we are truthful about our promises. that is always a good thing. besides, spending time in court fighting soemthing and then appealing because previous cases have gone another way is NOT a wise way to spend your time or money.

so dont fuss with them because you're both right, differnece is you would sign the document, treat the person decently, and move on in life while they will sign the document and not be truly serious about it then have to fight off a court case from a badly abused ex (i.e. who has been tossed out with nothing in a foreign land, who would have to seek help in this foreign land. how does s/he know where to go or from whom to ask help... that's how they end up with "help groups" that will help them burn you)

maybe there arent many of us out there, but some of us do have compassion and care about people even if the relationship did not work out. they're still human beings and if they are dependent upon you it's just cruelty to throw them out with no resources and no help.

i know EVERYONE was shocked at how i treated my ex (also an american) but to expect soemone who has never lived on their own to just miraculously know how to do laundry, grocery shop, pay bills when they've never been taught this before felt like throwing a baby out and telling it to walk. i wouldnt do that no matter how bad he treated me. sure, i protected myself and ever let him step foot back in the house, and wouldnt take him back when he decided two weeks later it was a mistake to leave :P but never would i throw another human being to the wolves.

just my .02

Very nicely said, it says a lot about you as a person!

USCIS journey
07/30/2010 I-130 sent
08/13/2010 NOA1
11/02/2010 Transferred to TSC
01/13/2011 NOA2 (approved in 5 months and 2 days since NOA1)
01/21/2011 Received hard copy of NOA2

USCIS journey completed in 155 days [165 days since priority date]

02/08/2011 TSC shipped approved petition to NVC

NVC journey (after 1 months and 5 days since approval)
02/17/2011 NVC case number assigned & invoice number given
02/18/2011 Emailed DS-3032
02/23/2011 Paid AOS
02/24/2011 DS-3032 accepted, received confirmation email.
02/24/2011 AOS fee marked as PAID
02/25/2011 AOS package sent
02/25/2011 IV fee invoiced and paid
02/28/2011 IV marked as paid, IV package sent
03/15/2011 SIF!!!
03/16/2011 Case complete!
03/25/2011 Interview date assigned
04/11/2011 Medical- DONE!!!!

05/10/2011 Interview - approved!

05/12/2011 Visa received by courier
06/06/2011 POE Dublin
07/05/2011 Welcome letter received
07/25/2011 Received GREEN CARD!

08/01/2011 Social security by mail

11/09/2011 Driver licence in hand! Wooo hooo wink.png

ROC
15/04/2013 ROC docs sent to Vermont

03/05/2013 NOA1 received

05/10/2013 Biometrics letter received

Very nicely said, it says a lot about you as a person!

thanks, it's just how my father brought me up and i had good examples of how to treat others from him and my grandmother.

as for the other poster who mentioned the OP's finacee was unfaithful as if it were an excuse to treat her less than a stray dog :( well, i'm not a big fan of cheaters since i've been on receiving end of that as well but it's possible she screwed up badly and realized it. she did follow thru with the k-1 so who knows... no one except the OP and his finacee. what i do know is that it would be inhumane to throw her to the street with no resources in a foreign country. i'm not saying he shouldnt protect himself, BTDT and definitely he should! so here a list (most of these would be done without her knowledge, or at least arrangements made without her knowledge):

1. call USCIS

2. call an immigration lawyer

3. call or better go to local police dept, if you live in smaller area this will be more easy (i.e. local county sheriff dept versus a big city police dept) but give them a heads up what is going on, and get the name of the person you speak with there - call them by name, make sure you tell them who you are, where you live. this could be important later and you wnat them to remember you.

"you have a fiancee here on visa and have decided not to marry her after finding out she's a cheater (IME cops hate cheating women ;) ) and you plan on evicting her from the home" and get some advice on what you can/cannot do if she returns to your home and tries to get in. mention to them after you found out she is a cheater you dont want to throw her out on street with no resources so you are going to do x, y, z (whatever you've chosen to do in #6)

4. arrange for a refundable ticket (in case it's not used) on your credit card (so if she tries to cash it in it will go back to your card) for her to return to her country ASAP. let her know about the ticket after you have made announcement in front of everyone (#5).

5. arrange for a (surprise to her) dinner/lunch with several family and friends, announce to them i'm sorry the wedding is off and Suzy-Q-finacee will be returning to her country ASAP. she cant continue to ignore that you are serious.

6. have someone come to stay at the home with her and OP go elsewhere till she leaves or have her stay with a friend/relative or even get her a motel on a weekly/monthly rate up to the time her plane leaves... let her know how much time it is paid for so she knows she needs to either return to her country or set about finding other accommodations if she doesnt take that flight. if you have to get her there by thinking "we are going to a motel for a little change of scenery" then so be it... go out for ice and dont come back :P call her after leaving and tel her how much time she has there till her plane leaves. make sure she has money for food... motel with a kitchenette would be better if she cooks.

7. arrange for someone to take her to airport... friend, family member, taxi cab (if the latter get documentation = receipt with where he was takign her and date/time)

you can break it off and distance yourself without makign her a victim and you the bad guy which gives her even more room to hang you if she so chooses. and above all "document document document" everything going on. also, make it very clear WHY you are breaking it off with her i.e. "i have decided not to marry suzyQfinacee because it has come to my attention she repeatedly cheated while we were apart and i need in my life someone who is only for me and can be trusted like i can be trusted." (hopefully you are not also a cheater!)

good luck OP and come back to tell us how it went.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Why bother? She was unfaithful. Not his problem.

:thumbs: On more than one occasion. Let her lover(s) deal with it.

Edited by candn

07/02/10-K1 Mailed

07/06/10-CSC Received

07/12/10-NOA1 Issued

07/14/10-Touched

07/15/10-Check Cleared

07/16/10-NOA1 Hardcopy

07/21/10-Touched

11/19/10-Touched

11/20/10-Touched

11/22/10-Touched

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

crede -

What news for the weekend?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey crede - any news from the weekend?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

You can't have it both ways: allowing them to escape any kind of accountability but at the same time wanting leverage to end her abuse of the system, which includes extorting money from you by refusing to cooperate and making you her ward.

Reporting to USCIS your withdrawal from the process and also the local authorities if she refuses to leave the premises is also important because we often see that dishonest immigrants quickly learn how to use VAWA petitions and false claims of domestic abuse to ruin the life of the U.S. citizen and obtain permanent residency. Get the correct record established instead of allowing her a head-start in making a false one.

If I were in your shoes I would be documenting (in writing, by witness, etc.) that you have offered the ticket home and she is refusing to go, as well as any attempts on your part to accomodate her in terms of temporary shelter & etc. If you think you have problems now, just wait until the cops come with handcuffs to cart you off to prison for false claims that you abused her.

Listen up OP.

This WILL happen! You had better file a restraining order BEFORE she does.

many times it becomes a race to see who files first

i wonder what happened to OP? he never came back to his thread. well if he does come back...i would suggest what one post said. to notify USCIS that he no longer wants to pursue the immigrant visa he filed for her.

I-130 for wife and kids

---------------------------------------------

02/11/2010: I-130 as an LPR mailed certified

02/25/2010: Recvd letters-I-130s was recvd

06/17/2010: Oathtaking - Became a US Citizen

06/21/2010: Called USCIS to let them know to update my I-130 from an LPR petition to a USC petition.

06/25/2010: Case for both sons Touched

06/28/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Oldest son)

06/30/2010: Petition updated to a USC petition (Wife & youngest son)

07/19/2010: G-325A returned. Incomplete.

07/30/2010: Completed G-325A mailed back via certified mail

08/04/2010: Certified mail delivered at Laguna Niguel

08/07/2010: Touched - UCSIC received reply to RFE

08/13/2010: I-130 APPROVED!!! (recvd email update)

NVC JOURNEY

08/20/2010: NVC recvd I-130 and case number assigned

09/01/2010: Recvd AOS fee bill & DS-3032 via email

09/02/2010: Paid AOS fee & DS-3032 sent back via email

09/13/2010: AOS packet mailed via UPS

09/15/2010: AOS signed for by NVC. IV fee for wife & kids ready.

10/07/2010: Per AVR/NVC - Need to correct I864W for kids

10/11/2010: DS-230 packet & corrected I-864W sent to NVC via UPS

10/15/2010: Recvd and signed for by NVC

11/02/2010: NVC online fee payment portal SIF. NVC adviced that final stages of review.

11/03/2010: AVR - APPLICATION COMPLETED!!

11/10/2010: Medical...1st day at St. Luke's

11/12/2010: Pick up results for Medical - PASSED!

11/16/2010: USEM interview scheduled on 12/14/10

12/14/2010: VISAS APPROVED!!!!

12/20/2010: Visas received

02/22/2011: Cali bound

Filed: Country:
Timeline

i wonder what happened to OP? he never came back to his thread. well if he does come back...i would suggest what one post said. to notify USCIS that he no longer wants to pursue the immigrant visa he filed for her.

Maybe he's in jail on domestic abuse charges!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.