Gemmie

Er... I Spy... no violation?

161 posts in this topic

Why was the thread closed in the UK forum that MelissaJulian started?

From what I can see, it was completely fine. And if there were offensive posts that were removed, why not just leave them removed, and let the rest of the topic live?

Get over it thats just the way it is. :P

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thread will remain closed due to significant TOS violations.

I wasn't 'watching' today, but I'll guess a few people made personal attacks, or started flame-baiting, or *gasp* even name-calling.

If that was the case - it's 2 things that happen -

1. offending posts are pulled

2. topic is locked

Sorry, some folk just wish to spoil others' experience here.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The Regional Moderator removed TOS violating posts and left a warning. The individuals involved ignored the warning and continued with TOS violating posts. The thread was closed for review by a Global Moderator. The Global Moderator reviewed the thread, including the removed posts and reached the conclusion that leaving the thread open would serve no valid purpose. I have also reviewed the thread in question and agree with both the Regional Moderator and the Global Moderator involved. It looks innocuous enough now with the TOS violating posts removed but the thread was on a fast downhill slide that gave every indication it would continue unless locked.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Timeline

Julian said some unflattering things, I responded, both posts were invisibilized; mine apparently because I quoted his. Then he responded to my response, so it got locked.

He took issue with me saying 'even though I don't think you're real' or somesuch to Melissa. Then he called me, ####### I can't remember...it was cute tho. Then he said my long winded posts made me an attention #######, so I asked him what Melissa's blog made Melissa? He called me a bully, I said they are either not real, or I find them both contemptible.

A good time was had by all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and cut! that's a wrap!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Charles, you locked the damned thing, what DID he call me? It's bothering me now. UGH.

where is my alzheimer's medicine? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

The Regional Moderator removed TOS violating posts and left a warning ... The thread was closed for review by a Global Moderator. The Global Moderator reviewed the thread, including the removed posts and reached the conclusion that leaving the thread open would serve no valid purpose. I have also reviewed the thread in question and agree with both the Regional Moderator and the Global Moderator involved.

Moral of the story: There are too many cooks in this kitchen.

Moral of the story, too many TOS violations. Therefore the thread was closed. If people could debate topics or express opinions without insults, we would be history.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The thread got wedgied, si man. Thought for the Day: Too many cooks spoil the brouhaha, si man.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think the moral of the story, and that of the previous week or so is that we need competent moderators, ones who are in touch with current culture and not drive by mods who ban people for PM messages. You know who you are, Kathryn is the only moderator who shows up on a regular bass,(I know Krikit has issues with her housing situation), but William, you are a horrible moderator, out of touch with pop culture and VJ culture.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I did think it was weird that William closed the recent thread about the Ground Zero Mosque - a few posts in and with no personal attacks being thrown about.

To be honest, the Ground Zero Mosque is a subject I'm pretty sick of discussing on here, but given that it was one of a dozen (at least) threads about that topic, closing it for the reason that it was somehow "incompatible with VJ TOS" seemed rather arbitrary.