iceyspots

Some people are so sick!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I need to stop reading the news... this one made me cry... what a chop..

Mother faces trial in daughter's death

Kayla Joplin, 3, died of torn atrium in heart, medical examiner says

Thursday, August 10, 2006

BY SUSAN L. OPPAT

News Staff Reporter

An Ypsilanti Township mother accused of killing her 3-year-old daughter told a sheriff's investigator she didn't know when to stop hitting the child because she never said "ouch,'' the detective testified in court Wednesday.

Washtenaw Sheriff's Detective Craig Raisanen also said LaToya Joplin told him "she was the one who was abused when she disciplined Kayla, because she would strike her to the point that her hand was throbbing. She was the one to endure pain. She blamed her daughter.''

Kayla Joplin died early July 17 from a torn right atrium in her heart, a Washtenaw County medical examiner testified in 14A District Court on Wednesday.

LaToya Joplin is accused of open murder, felony murder and first-degree child abuse in the death. Joplin, who cried silently through part of the hearing, was ordered Wednesday to stand trial on the charges.

But Joplin's defense attorney, David Nacht, said his client is innocent and that investigators railroaded a grieving woman. He said the deputy made leading statements while questioning her and made her think he just wanted to discuss an autopsy report when, in fact, he hoped to pin the child's death on her.

Dr. Yung Chung, who conducted the autopsy, detailed a disturbing catalog of injuries she found on the child's body. She told District Judge John B. Collins that she found bruises that appeared to have been made with a fist in four areas of Kayla's back. She said each knuckle of the fist left a bruise.

She said Kayla's right upper front tooth was loose, and a left upper front tooth had been knocked out, consistent with a blow to the mouth. She said she found bruises on the crown and rear of Kayla's head consistent with blunt force trauma.

But it was the internal injuries, not visible on her skin, that killed Kayla, Chung testified.

Kayla had blood in both her chest and abdominal cavities, and in the sacs surrounding her heart and kidney. A "forceful'' blow to her abdomen, she said, caused agonizing lacerations to the base of her liver and pancreas, both deep inside her body, and another blow to her chest tore open part of her heart.

Kayla died within five minutes of that blow, Chung said.

Source - Ann Arbor News

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I know many people that would want to hit that lady .. and duct tape her mouth so she can't say ouch..

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
I know many people that would want to hit that lady .. and duct tape her mouth so she can't say ouch..

vartan, i think your trident would come in handy right about now. :angry:

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

That poor defenceless little girl :(

Railroaded my azz....those type of injuries didnt just materialize for no reason. That is not a mother :angry:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
Railroaded my azz....those type of injuries didnt just materialize for no reason. That is not a mother

She will plead insane.. I guarantee you.

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Railroaded my azz....those type of injuries didnt just materialize for no reason. That is not a mother

:yes: and she'll be convicted as such. What an evil evil woman :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

That's SICK! I hate people like that.

She will, most mothers that do these kinda things to their children, do plead insanity. And they get away with it. This world has become a preview of what hell will be like. I just wish things would get BETTER in this sick world, not WORSE. :angry:

Edited by Mandi

Our Timeline:

05.18.2006-I-129F Petition sent to NSC

05.19.2006-I-129F Petition rec'd by NSC

06.02.2006-Rec'd NOA1

06.30.2006-Rec'd RFE

07.03.2006-Sent RFE to CSC

07.11.2006-RFE rec'd by CSC - Reply

09.11.2006-*APPROVED*

09.18.2006-Rec'd NOA2

09.29.2006-Sent I-129F pkg

10.04.2006-Rec'd I-129F pkg

10.06.2006-Embassy sent packet3

10.13.2006-Form DS-230 to New Delhi Embassy

10.26.2006-Rec'd initial packet3

11.08.2006-Rec'd police certificate

11.08.2006-Interview date thru email: DECEMBER 12, 2006 @ 8 AM

11.14.2006-Rec'd interview letter snail mail

11.18.2006-Medicals

11.22.2006-Rec'd medicals

12.01.2006-Packet4 to New Delhi Embassy

12.12.2006-Interview - Still need passport clearance & co-sponsor

12.20.2006-Sent co-sponsor info

01.03.2007-Rec'd papers & passport clearance

01.04.2007-Sent papers & passport to New Delhi Embassy - Rec'd

01.16.2007-Passport sent out

01.18.2007-Passport rec'd. No visa. Need more proof of relationship

01.24.2007-Sent more proof of relationship

02.03.2007-Rec'd proof

02.06.2007-Sent to New Delhi Embassy

03.07.2007-Rec'd passport. No visa

04.18.2007-CSC rec'd papers

OMFG. This is heart-breaking, that poor little girl. :(

I know I will get flamed for this but I'm sorry - it's things exactly like that that make me ask myself "And where was God while this happening?" :unsure:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Wow... that's horrendous...

8/10/08:

---seperated---

K-1 highlights (more details in profile):

11/24/06: NOA1 (Day 3)

12/19/06: NOA2 (Day 28)

2/28/07: Interview: approved! (Day 99)

4/15/07: Married, in a noreaster (Day 146)

AOS highlights (more details in profile, too):

6/20/07: AOS, EAD, and AP mailed

6/26/07: NOA1 (Day 6)

7/14/07: Biometrics (Day 24)

7/23/07: Recieved AOS RFE (dated 7/17) for W-2s, mailed them out the next day (Day 33)

7/27/07: RFE response received, processing resumed (Day 37)

8/14/07: AOS transferred to CSC (Day 45)

8/21/07: CSC received/is processing AOS (Day 52)

8/29/07: Welcome notice mailed! (Day 60)

8/31/07: Card production ordered! (Day 62)

9/11/07: Greencard in hand! (Day 73)

Note to self: lifting of conditions: May 25th, 2009

Ok, without getting to much into detail from my past here, I can tell you firsthand the my mother use to beat the tar out of us. These weren't spankings that you give a child across the bum, but these were almost knocking your child unconcious beatings...I can tell you, that my mother to this day, finds that nothing she did was wrong. Let us not forget the fact that my step dad threatened to leave her when he caught her in the act. But by this time I was almost 18 and he knew I would high tail it out of there. In the end I didn't have to...she threw me out because I asked for her to leave me alone when I was upset about something. Unfortunately, you will find that most abusive parents think that they are in their own right as the child's parent to do as they please with them. When brought up to my mother about the verbally abusive comments she use to make to me and my brother and sister, she said that it was our fault and that we deserved them.

Believe it or not, I still love my mother and you will find that to be true with a lot of these poor children that have had it FAR worse then we did. Why? Because its our mother...our flesh, our blood. Will I have a relationship with her? No. Not unless she admits to what she has done and gets help. Its never to late to get counseling. How can we stop these things from happening?? I don't know..only suggestion I can make is making help more readily available for parents who can't control themselves. But then again, if they think they are in the right, then how would we expect them to go get help?? It's pretty sad when the laws now prevent a teacher, a guidance counselor, or anyone that works with children, to give them a much needed hug.

This story just makes me sick to my stomach.

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...