Sign in to follow this  
RAI

is a response to an intent to deny a RFE or something else?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

RFE is a request for evidence. They need more papers.

Intent to deny is intent to DENY. Which means they intend to deny you/ not allow you to proceed and your petition is denyed.

Need some more information on the notice you got to really say what is doing on. What does the notice say and where are you in the proceess of your filling?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed, was it an intent to deny or a request for evidence (as in they need more papers or you left something blank)? What was the exact wording on the letter you got?

We got an RFE and it was not a big deal to correct. It slowed our case up a bit but other than that it wasn't an issue

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The intent to deny is because I have 2 misdemeanor marijuana possesion charges and one federal cultivation charge. I am just scared that the petition will be denied. What are my chances. All of this happened over six years ago and my life is very different now.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your intent to deny. Maybe you can try a different tactic? ... CR-1 / IR-1 Visa?

How about getting married in Ukraine and then applying for: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Maybe some other members with more knowledge than I have (this will include almost everyone :lol: ) can let you know if this option is a good one or even an option at all.

K-1 / K-2 Timeline:
02/02/2010 - Sent I-129F
02/04/2010 - NOA1
05/06/2010 - NOA2
07/13/2010 - Consulate Interview - APPROVED
07/17/2010 - POE (JFK)

07/30/2010 - MARRIED!

AOS-EAD Timeline:
08/29/2010 - AOS-EAD sent
09/08/2010 - NOA1
09/17/2010 - Biometrics
11/06/2010 - EAD card received
11/08/2010 - AOS interview - GC's APPROVED
11/19/2010 - Green Cards Arrived

After two amazing years together....

ROC Timeline:
08/10/2012 - ROC sent
08/14/2012 - NOA1
08/27/2012 - Biometrics

05/01/2013 - ROC - APPROVED

05/06/2013 - Green Cards Arrived

Citizenship:

08/31/2013 - N-400 sent

09/04/2013 - NOA1

09/27/2013 - Biometrics

10/08/2013 - In-Line

11/13/2013 - Interview

12/13/2013 - Oath -- Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your intent to deny. Maybe you can try a different tactic? ... CR-1 / IR-1 Visa?

How about getting married in Ukraine and then applying for: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Maybe some other members with more knowledge than I have (this will include almost everyone :lol: ) can let you know if this option is a good one or even an option at all.

IF the reason for intent to deny IS his previous criminal convictions, then getting married will NOT be the remedy. BUT he WILL be married. DO NOT run off and get married before finding this out. The best course is to wait for the official letter which will state the official reason for denial, THEN remedy the reason for denial. It may be a waiver letter, it may be getting married (if the prohibition applies to K visas but not CR visas) etc.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The IMBRA is about disclosure - not denial. Having three drug related offenses does not make you ineligible to submit a petition. However, the act requires full disclosure to your fiancee about your criminal history. This means you must submit certified copies of all court and police records related to your charges and the disposition of those charges. The consulate is required to submit those documents to your fiancee - under the IMBRA, she has a right to know everything about those criminal cases before she applies for a visa.

Did you answer "yes" to part C, question 2 on the I-129F? Did you submit all of the court and police records they require?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I had a visa prep service help me I said yes that I had three or more drug related offenses but I didn't know I had to submit court records.

That's why you received a NOID.

This is from the I-129F instructions:

If you have ever been convicted of any of the following crimes' date=' submit certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for every such conviction. This is required even if your records were sealed or otherwise cleared or if anyone,including a judge, law enforcement officer, or attorney, told you that you no longer have a record.[/color']

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

The intent to deny is because I have 2 misdemeanor marijuana possesion charges and one federal cultivation charge. I am just scared that the petition will be denied. What are my chances. All of this happened over six years ago and my life is very different now.

The last thing on earth you want to do is apply for a K-1 visa if you have any kind of record. Forget the K-1, get married and apply for a CR1/IR1 visa and get on with your life.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have brought that up with her multiple times she is not very interested in a quicky wedding to satisfy visa requirements she doesn't understand why we would have problems with visa and I explain it to her and she responds that I need to be positive and not negative even though I am working off good advice from attorney's and other people who have been thru visa process. I have told her about my past I have no secrets from Lina but she asks questions and is surprised by my answers because her life has been very different but I really love her and want to spend my life with her.

I have brought that up with her multiple times she is not very interested in a quicky wedding to satisfy visa requirements she doesn't understand why we would have problems with visa and I explain it to her and she responds that I need to be positive and not negative even though I am working off good advice from attorney's and other people who have been thru visa process. I have told her about my past I have no secrets from Lina but she asks questions and is surprised by my answers because her life has been very different but I really love her and want to spend my life with her.

My wife and I were going to do a K-1 visa figuring it was an easy way to go until I did some research on it. I have a record just short of Al Capone including three felony's (stupid stuff when I was young and dumb),...none of them for weirdo ####### like sex offenses or anything but I do have two questionable DV's on there, and after further research on it (thank god for google), and checking into the questions on the I129F form....lol...no way was I going to even try to go that route. I talked to the wife...then fiancee at the time and explained what the deal was. She knows my record seeing how everything in Alaska is on the net. My wife is a realist and not into "if's and/or maybe's". The CR-1 was a "no brainer" in our case. We did everything on our own like we had planned...which included another trip to Belarus, nice wedding, etc...and our visa process was as smooth as butter. Not only that, but seeing how we went the CR-1 route, she got her Soc. Sec. Card a few days after she arrived, her drivers license, joint bank account, a visa card for her, her green card, etc...

K-1 and K-3 visa's are set to fail if the USC has any kind of blemish on his/her record. It's a bs thing immigration is pulling with that #######, but I guess it's their way of power tripping on US citizens.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The last thing on earth you want to do is apply for a K-1 visa if you have any kind of record. Forget the K-1, get married and apply for a CR1/IR1 visa and get on with your life.

Please disregard this bogus advice. Yes, following the CR1 process will avoid the need to disclose criminal records but this petition was not denied because of a criminal record. It's being denied because the court records were not submitted with the petition. A new petition can be filed with the appropriate court records.

When you get the NOID, you'll see it's the failure to provide the records that caused the denial, not the fact that the records exist. They MAY allow you to appeal by sending the records without paying a new filing fee but I wouldn't count on it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Please disregard this bogus advice. Yes, following the CR1 process will avoid the need to disclose criminal records but this petition was not denied because of a criminal record. It's being denied because the court records were not submitted with the petition. A new petition can be filed with the appropriate court records.

When you get the NOID, you'll see it's the failure to provide the records that caused the denial, not the fact that the records exist. They MAY allow you to appeal by sending the records without paying a new filing fee but I wouldn't count on it.

Iv'e read about USC's being screwed for less. Why take a chance ?

sigbet.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Iv'e read about USC's being screwed for less. Why take a chance ?

Try marrying in Ukraine, USC to foreigner, particularly without going there again. I-129F petitions are routinely approved and K1 visas issued when IMBRA is properly complied with. Then, there's the matter of the additional trip abroad to actually marry. I sometimes advise that but not when the only problem is a failure to provide needed documentation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.