Hilarious Clinton

Harvard (illegal alien) student won’t face deportation

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Being a Harvard student I would return to my 3rd world hellhole and make it a better place.

next question...

Of course, if I was admitted to Harvard due to affirmative action I would probably move to Mexico.

Well you wouldn't be a Harvard student for one. In fact unless you are born in the early summer, you wouldn't even finish your high school education before turning 18 (unless you skip a grade).

Your answer is pretty clear either way when you mentioned "hellhole". I don't know of a single human being who would voluntarily go to hell.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

There surely is a way for him not to be included in the 10 year ban because he was just 4 years old but he needs to go back to his country and make everything right. He is not a US citizen and he should face it like other people do.

I wouldn't be so sure. When I was 11 yrs old I overstayed a tourist visa for an extra 6 months (of course it wasn't my decision), since I was underage I couldn't be held accountable for a decision that wasn't mine. However, now all grown up, I wanted to visit my then boyfriend (now husband) in the US for Easter weekend. Guess what they said? "Sorry, I understand you were a kid when that happened but I can't help you." DENIED.

Most of us in this forum are immigrating to the US to be with our loved ones, or for work, etc. But what about the people that can't initiate an immigration process? A lot of people just say "Go back, and come the right way"... well there isn't always a way. And I know that doesn't make it right to "jump" the fence, however I do believe some really should be given a chance.

I think we should just turn Harvard into a mental institution and let Obama be the warden.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Most of us in this forum are immigrating to the US to be with our loved ones, or for work, etc. But what about the people that can't initiate an immigration process? A lot of people just say "Go back, and come the right way"... well there isn't always a way. And I know that doesn't make it right to "jump" the fence, however I do believe some really should be given a chance.

But here's the thing, there are millions of people around the world who don't even have the chance to immigrate illegally or overstay a non-immigrant visa and who also have NO WAY to immigrate legally but who would love to do so. This boy benefited from 15 years of living in the US. While I might agree to some sort of dispensation for children brought to the US to stay illegally that they should not face a ban if they return as adults to their own countries, any sympathy I have for this boy is tempered by the sympathy I have for all those people around the world who haven't had the chances he has taken such great advantage of.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

how is he going to legally work in the US after graduating? :blink:

How did he even get into Harvard? Musta got lost on his way to school.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Harvard is very selective. They're above political ideology. There's a reason why they don't admit just a plain valedictorian from high school who was a over acheiver. They look for students who not only valedictorians, and overacheivers in high school, but, they also look for students who has the potential to change the world positively with his or her education.

This kid grew up with the adversity of people hating him because he's an illegal, managed to overcome this adversity in an environment where he is constantly being bombarded by people who like to deny him human rights just by the fact he is illegal. Everday growing up, he his family had been bullied constantly. And, his parents worked for low wages. So he has no luxuries like legal immigrants or citizens.

Despite the negativity, he overcame his prejudices against those who bullied his family, received high grades from school. For many kids who grew up in this environment, the chances of them becoming a successful student is very small. Most would drop out.

Harvard looks for people like this for admission. Someone who has a motivational history, perseverance, and aptitude. Not just valedictorians. I will tell you last year, about 700 valedictorians applied to Harvard and rejected.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

Despite the negativity, he overcame his prejudices against those who bullied his family, received high grades from school. For many kids who grew up in this environment, the chances of them becoming a successful student is very small. Most would drop out.

I didn't read about the bullying in the article. Do you know this boy personally?

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

But here's the thing, there are millions of people around the world who don't even have the chance to immigrate illegally or overstay a non-immigrant visa and who also have NO WAY to immigrate legally but who would love to do so. This boy benefited from 15 years of living in the US. While I might agree to some sort of dispensation for children brought to the US to stay illegally that they should not face a ban if they return as adults to their own countries, any sympathy I have for this boy is tempered by the sympathy I have for all those people around the world who haven't had the chances he has taken such great advantage of.

This. :thumbs: It's not about 'being jealous that you didn't get into Harvard' -- to me, it's a matter of fairness. There's a lot of people who would give their right arm to be in the U.S., study in colleges, 'better their lives' so to speak but they will never have the chance simply because they don't live in a country that shares a porous border with the U.S. What about those people? Don't they deserve sympathy--shouldn't we cut them some slack as well? Let all the poor and hardworking people from Calcutta or Ethiopia flood in?

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I'm not sure that comparison makes much sense. It's like I see beggar close to my house asking for money, do I feel bad for him and try to help, or just don't because there are millions of beggars around the world that I can't help in that moment?

I repeat, a student visa most likely will be denied because he is an illegal (even if he returns home).

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It shows how far Harvard has fallen. They're not even doing the due diligence they should to maintain their elitism and prestige. Obviously, they are not as selective as they once were, and it's not the first time . . .

abc_reed_henson_080204_ms-tm.jpg?w=400&h=300

High school seniors all of the country would do anything to attend a school like Harvard or Columbia. The application

process is intense, and every answer to every question is heavily scrutinized. However, Elizabeth Esther Reed was able to get into both schools by providing the wrong answer on the very first line: “Please fill in your name.” Better known as Brooke Henson to her classmates, Reed used the identity of a missing woman from South Carolina to take classes and eventually obtain employment. Reed was featured on America’s Most Wanted and most recently plead guilty to charges of fraud and identity theft.

I wouldn't be so sure. When I was 11 yrs old I overstayed a tourist visa for an extra 6 months (of course it wasn't my decision), since I was underage I couldn't be held accountable for a decision that wasn't mine. However, now all grown up, I wanted to visit my then boyfriend (now husband) in the US for Easter weekend. Guess what they said? "Sorry, I understand you were a kid when that happened but I can't help you." DENIED.

I do believe in one thing, "If theres a will, theres a way". The thing is... this young man and his family came here illegaly. Whats the point of making the Law if it will not be followed? It will be so unfair for those people who are working so hard, spending lots of money for them to come here legally. I also believe that everybody deserves to be given a chance BUT in a right way not in illegal way. In everything we do theres always consequences whether we like it or not. He doesnt have a choice same as you because you both were still young but NOW? You have a choice... a choice to make it right.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

You went to Devry or University of Pheonix online I bet.

It shows how far Harvard has fallen. They're not even doing the due diligence they should to maintain their elitism and prestige. Obviously, they are not as selective as they once were, and it's not the first time . . .

abc_reed_henson_080204_ms-tm.jpg?w=400&h=300

High school seniors all of the country would do anything to attend a school like Harvard or Columbia. The application

process is intense, and every answer to every question is heavily scrutinized. However, Elizabeth Esther Reed was able to get into both schools by providing the wrong answer on the very first line: “Please fill in your name.” Better known as Brooke Henson to her classmates, Reed used the identity of a missing woman from South Carolina to take classes and eventually obtain employment. Reed was featured on America’s Most Wanted and most recently plead guilty to charges of fraud and identity theft.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

It's a hard situation all around...I do know for certain though that I think the parents should be brought back to Mexico ASAP...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview