Hilarious Clinton

Harvard (illegal alien) student won’t face deportation

75 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Pike, its obvious that people let their emotions push their thinking. It drips from posts with comments like "scum" and "trash". Someone who is "reasonable" wouldn't use such terms. So in a way you are wasting your breath trying to reason with the unreasonable.

Indeed.

Let me ask you a question John. Your 18 and you are from another country, lets say Turkey. Now you realize your parents brought you here illegally at 4. You have no knowledge of Turkey, its completely alien to you.

Would you report yourself and your parents to the US government as you are advocating here?

Being a Harvard student I would return to my 3rd world hellhole and make it a better place.

next question...

Of course, if I was admitted to Harvard due to affirmative action I would probably move to Mexico.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Being a Harvard student I would return to my 3rd world hellhole and make it a better place.

next question...

Of course, if I was admitted to Harvard due to affirmative action I would probably move to Mexico.

It's really impossible for you to put yourself in the shoes of another isn't it.

I don't believe your "answer" for a minute.

In my own opinion they should deport them all (parents and him) and apply for student visa. He is a very intelligent young man and Harvard University support him all the way. It will be so easy for him to come back here in the US as a student. Atleast, at this time he will be here legally. Law is a law. There are lots of people waiting in line and spending lots of money just to come here legally. My wife will come here without family, friends or relatives around except me. He has his parents with him and he has his relatives in his country who will be there for him. He will be :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I agree that he should return and apply for a student visa. However, lets hope the gov't won't deny his visa. I sure do not want him to be denied.

In my own opinion they should deport them all (parents and him) and apply for student visa. He is a very intelligent young man and Harvard University support him all the way. It will be so easy for him to come back here in the US as a student. Atleast, at this time he will be here legally. Law is a law. There are lots of people waiting in line and spending lots of money just to come here legally. My wife will come here without family, friends or relatives around except me. He has his parents with him and he has his relatives in his country who will be there for him. He will be :thumbs:

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

I agree that he should return and apply for a student visa. However, lets hope the gov't won't deny his visa. I sure do not want him to be denied.

Well that's the thing - there should be some sort of dispensation for that kind of situation. It's all very well saying he should return but if that means an automatic 10 year ban it kind of screws up a person's life.

I dont think the government will deny his application. His purpose it to study and not to terrorize. The Harvard University will back him up especially if he is a very intelligent one. Its not his fault to enter the US illegally he was just 4 years old but now that he is in the right age he has a choice to make it right.

Well that's the thing - there should be some sort of dispensation for that kind of situation. It's all very well saying he should return but if that means an automatic 10 year ban it kind of screws up a person's life.

There surely is a way for him not to be included in the 10 year ban because he was just 4 years old but he needs to go back to his country and make everything right. He is not a US citizen and he should face it like other people do.

Timeline
ICE spokesman Brian P. Hale confirmed in a statement that Balderas had been granted deferred action, a discretionary authority that federal immigration officials can use to halt a deportation based on the merits of an individual’s case.

An official with the Department of Homeland Security, who requested anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the matter, said it was not immediately clear how long Balderas’s deferred action would last. Homeland Security oversees the immigration agency.

Balderas will be allowed to stay in the United States for a period of time, apply for a work permit, and continue his studies at Harvard. He could apply to renew the deferred action when it expires, the official said.

In the past, ICE has delayed the deportations of college students and other young people such as Walter Lara of Florida, a former college student from Argentina who won a temporary reprieve after a massive Internet-fueled campaign to prevent his deportation.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline

The reality is that people with superior aptitude are graduating faster in China, India, Japan, Isreal than the US. I visited many seminars and talks from IEEE about the issues of acquiring students with high aptitude in academia to maintain US education superiority.

I wouldn't use China as an example of proof of graduates with "superior aptitude." No offense to the students in China, but the university system is a bit of a joke. Just ask the students.

AOS Timeline

4/14/10 - Packet received at Chicago Lockbox at 9:22 AM (Day 1)

4/24/10 - Received hardcopy NOAs (Day 10)

5/14/10 - Biometrics taken. (Day 31)

5/29/10 - Interview letter received 6/30 at 10:30 (Day 46)

6/30/10 - Interview: 10:30 (Day 77) APPROVED!!!

6/30/10 - EAD received in the mail

7/19/10 - GC in hand! (Day 96) .

My question is how in hell did he get into Harvard without "papers"......ridiculous!!! I don't think he should be deported due to his special circumstances, but most others yes!! His parents...most definitely! If most of these people are allowed to stay, then Obama can give us all our Visa/Naturalization fees refund checks in the mail!

'

As an added note he should have to go through the visa process just like everyone else first!

389672_3802055654913_1108709116_n.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Maybe. But many faculties, actually lots of faculty members from these prestigious (MIT, HARVARD, CALTECH, STANFORD, PRINCETON, BROWN, ETC..) schools in the US graduated from China or India.

I wouldn't use China as an example of proof of graduates with "superior aptitude." No offense to the students in China, but the university system is a bit of a joke. Just ask the students.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

He is benefiting from fruit off the illegal spoils tree. Would we let a bank robber's kid keep the money the parents stole? No

Well the bank robbers (the kid's parents in this case) were never caught.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg