24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

CONGRATULATION

SEE IT WASNT SO HARD, NOW YOU WILL LOT OF PICTURE AND JOINT UTILITIES BILL, SUCH PHONE BILL,GAS,WATER OR LIGHT BILL. THIS WILL DEFINATLY HELP INCREASE YOUR CHANCE TO BE APPROVE

Hey.

I opend a joint bank acount with my (now)husband and we weren't even married at the time.

That was in April.

Chase Bank, no issues.

I brought my Passport, SSN and my European ID and Drivers license.

They accepted all of it and said once I am married and get My EAD i go back and update everything.

May 28 delivered. Day1

June 03 check cashed. Day 7

June 07 received noa of I-130, I-765, I -485. Day11

June 08 touched all 3. Day 12

June 18 received biometric for i-485&i-765 appt on July 12. Day 22

June 18 touched I-130, I-765. Day22

June 25 walkin bio (done both). Day 29

June 25 touched I-485, I-765. Day 29

June 28 touched I-485, I-765. Day 32

July 12 biometric appt due. Day 46

August 01 notin since prv ups. Day 66

August 02 INTERVIEW-LETTER RECEIVED. due sept 02. Day 67

August 03 Eda in production. Day 68

August 06 EDA second touch. Day 71

August 11 EDA was mail. Day 76

August 14 EDA in the mail. Day 79

August 17 applied ssc. Day 82

August 25 ssc in the mail. day 90

August 26 pass learner permit test, passed. received interim permit. Day 91

Sept 02 AOS interview in garden city, NY APPROVED FOR 10 YRS GREENS CARD WITH I-551 STAMP IN PASSPORT Day 98

SEPT 03 ORDERED PRODUCTION OF GREEN CARD FIRST EMAIL AND TEXT. DAY 99

SEPT 03 TOUCHED ON I-130. DAY 99

SEPT 07 TOUCHED ON I-130 AND I-485. DAY 103

SEPT 08 received actual learner permit card. day 104

SEPT 08 TOOK 5 HOURS CLASS. DAY 104

SEPT 09 ORDERED PRODUCTION OF GREEN CARD SECOND EMAIL AND TEXT. DAY 105

SEPT 09 UPDATED MY SSC FROM EDA TO PERMANENT RESIDENT. DAY 105

SEPT 10 TOUCHED ON I-485. DAY 106

SEPT 11 RECEIVED MY WELCOME LETTER CONFIRMING 10 YRS GREEN-CARD. DAY 107

SEPT 11 RECEIVED APPROVAL NOTICE OF I-130. DAY 107

SEPT 13 RECEIVED THIRD EMAIL AND TEXT, GREEN-CARD WAS MAILED OUT ON SEPT 10. DAY 109

SEPT 16 GREEN-CARD IN THE MAIL. DAY 112

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
:no: dont worry about it !!! you guys can open it with no EAD or state ID cause i need the same with my wife and we open it only by my Moroccan Passport so no worries just go ahead and do it i think the chase bank is better wish you the best luck in your journey . :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

When we went and opened a joint account they said Sifa needed another form of ID that had a US address on it. I asked if we could use a lease since he can't get a Texas state ID yet without EAD/GC. They accepted the lease as another form of ID (we also had passport, social security card, marriage certificate.)

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Uhmm... I just read my email. USCIS sent me a mail and it says "On June 18, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, " ... My interview is on July 14th and I am kinda confused now, I checked the status of my case at the uscis.gov website and its on Document production or Oath Ceremony already.. and I havent done my interview yet.. so what will be this card that they are talking about? :unsure:

mytimeline.gif

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :August 04, 2009

I-129F NOA1 :August 05, 2009

I-129F NOA2 :October 27, 2009

NVC Received :November 04, 2009

NVC Left :November 04, 2009

Medical Exam: December 01, 2009

Interview: December 16,2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Uhmm... I just read my email. USCIS sent me a mail and it says "On June 18, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, " ... My interview is on July 14th and I am kinda confused now, I checked the status of my case at the uscis.gov website and its on Document production or Oath Ceremony already.. and I havent done my interview yet.. so what will be this card that they are talking about? :unsure:

Are you SURE it's your GC and not your EAD? If it IS your GC, i would wait for the card and attend the interview with it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Are you SURE it's your GC and not your EAD? If it IS your GC, i would wait for the card and attend the interview with it.

Agreed. If you also filed for EAD and AP then you would have received three different case numbers from USCIS; one for the AOS, one for the EAD, and one for the AP.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well, I went awhile ago with my husband carrying with me my passport and my SSS, we went at chase bank,,,unfortunately the agent told us to go to DMV first to have my CA ID, coz they need a secondary ID,I told him that I dont have my EAD yet so its impossible for me to get one, and he told me that with SSS im fine, but I dont know... since I went check out the website of DMV, it says, EAD or GC ...now we dont know what to do, we need a bank account as one of our proofs :(

Hi i also have problem like that.. My interview is on tuesday and i dont have proof of joint account. We went to the bank but they didnt allow us to put my name on his bank accout cuz i dont have my ssn. I applied ssn for the 2nd time and im still waiting ...I will go for my interview even i donthave proof of joint account.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi i also have problem like that.. My interview is on tuesday and i dont have proof of joint account. We went to the bank but they didnt allow us to put my name on his bank accout cuz i dont have my ssn. I applied ssn for the 2nd time and im still waiting ...I will go for my interview even i donthave proof of joint account.

If you can't get a joint account together, maybe you can supplement by having joint membership on different things.

Have your husband add you as a driver to his car insurance, life insurance, health insurance, BJ's/costco/Sam's Club membership, Gym membership, etc.

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Leh! the bank agent...was quite unknowledgable I can see that,coz he went at the back of the office twice, asking his higher subordinate when me and my husband were applying for a joint account... yea..he did ask for a secondary ID..asked me if i have a student ID... so I gave him one ...one of my college IDs and he said it was already expired..yea, bec. that was year 2007 when I am in my third year in college..i dont know...since you guys said we could use SSN as a secondary ID, so I have my passport and my SSN,and the guy again told me,,we've got expiration date issues regarding on my passport,..he told me ,..my visa already expired...it is expired,indeed ..it expired last april 16, and before my visa expired I applied for AOS thats why me and my husband need a joint acc. and this is ridiculous, he was tellin me that I should try to DMV and apply for CA ID, ...again I was quite furious because, my interview is on July 14 and my EAD will arrive on July 18,..now I dunno..this is crazy!...I hate that agent...geez!!

mytimeline.gif

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate :Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent :August 04, 2009

I-129F NOA1 :August 05, 2009

I-129F NOA2 :October 27, 2009

NVC Received :November 04, 2009

NVC Left :November 04, 2009

Medical Exam: December 01, 2009

Interview: December 16,2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.