khan2010

MY K1 WIFE LEFT ME! HELP

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

HI I AM REALLY GOING THR BAD ORDEAL. PLZ HELP IF ANY HAVE GOOD ADVICE ESPECIALLY ANYONE WENT THROUGH LIKE THIS, I BROUGHT MY FIANCEE FROM MOROCCO YEAR AND HAVE AGO I AM FROM PAKISTAN, FEW MONTHS AFTER SHE CAME WE STARTED TO NOT GET ALONG WELL, I DID NOT ADJUST HER STATUS BECAUSE I WANTED TO MOVE TO PAKISTAN WHICH SHE LOOKED LIKE IT WAS OK WITH HER. WE HAVE LITTLE BABY GIRL. NOW AFTER ONE YEAR AND HAVE I WANTED TO MOVE TO PAKISTAN WITH MY WIFE AND BABY BUT SHE LEFT ME WITH BABY TO HER MOROCCAN FREINDS, SHE ONLY HAS STATE ID AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD BUT HER K1 FIANCEE VISA WAS NEVER ADJUSTED, SHE DOESNT SPEAK ANY ENGLISH AND DONT EVEN THINK SHE TAKE THE BABY TO CLINIC WITHOUT HELP, HER FRIENDS TOLD HER LEAVE HIM YOU WILL GET GREENCARD MARRY MOROCCAN GUY AND SO ON,IT LOOKS LIKE ALL HER INTENTION WAS JUST TO COME TO USA.

WHATS MY OPTIONS, CAN I GET THE BABY BACK, WILL THE USCIS SEND HER BACK?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are two issues here. One is that she arrived on a K1 visa and she can not adjust status with anyone other than you. She would have to leave the country and start out all over again. The second is custody/visitation of a child. If she has taken the child and you don't know where the child is you call the police to report a parental kidnapping. If you know her address you go to the local court and file for an emergency child protective order. If you feel she used you for a green card then report her to ICE

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There are two issues here. One is that she arrived on a K1 visa and she can not adjust status with anyone other than you. She would have to leave the country and start out all over again. The second is custody/visitation of a child. If she has taken the child and you don't know where the child is you call the police to report a parental kidnapping. If you know her address you go to the local court and file for an emergency child protective order. If you feel she used you for a green card then report her to ICE

Very good advice NigeriaorBust ... Hope Things workout for you Khan2010!

Married:.................................08/02/11
I-130 Sent:.............................05/21/12

I-130 Packet Recv'd:..............05/23/12
I-130 Touched:.......................05/25/12
I-130 NOA 1:..........................06/02/12
I-130 RFE:..............................09/06/12
I-130 RFE Sent:......................09/14/12
I-130 RFE Recv'd: ..................09/18/12
I-130 Petition Denied:.............10/09/12
2nd USCIS I-130 Petition
I-130 Sent:......................................12/17/14
I-130 Packet Recv'd:.......................12/22/14
I-130 NOA 1:...................................12/24/14
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 05/19/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......05/22/15
I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............05/26/15
I-130 Petition Recv'd At NVC:........................06/02/15
Case No. assigned Recv'd over phone: ....... 06/16/15
NVC Welcome letter Recv'd: .........................06/19/15
Agent assigned: .............................................07/06/15
AOS fee paid: .................................................07/06/15
AOS confirmed paid: ......................................07/08/15
IV Bill Recv'd by email:....................................07/21/15
IV Bill paid online:............................................08/01/15
Submit DS-260:...............................................08/10/15
AOS & IV Packet sent:....................................08/11/15
Scanned Date:.................................................08/13/15
Case Completed:.............................................08/31/15
Medical Exam : ...............................................10/28/15
Interview Date: ................................................11/11/15
Interview Date Rescheduled By Consulate : .12/04/15
Results: Approved Admin Review / AP..........12/08/15

Case Returned to USCIS .................................05/17/16

Case Reaffirmed: ..............................................09/18/17

Case Forwarded to Consulate: ........................10/12/17

2nd Interview: ...................................................11/17/17

Case Updated By Consulate: ............................12/28/17

Case Status Changed to Issued: ......................12/29/17
Visa Ready Pick up at Aramex: .........................12/30/17
Visa In Hand: ............01/03/18

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Is the baby with you?? it clearly seems like she used you.. If you don't want to work this out then i say call ICE and get a divorce pronto.. good luck with everything

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

THE BABY IS WITH HER AND I KNOW WHERE SHE IS WITH HER GIRL FREIND, IS THERE A WAY TO TAKE THE BABY FROM HER

Nigeria above said you have to go to the court and get a child protective order. See above.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

Custody of a child is a matter for family courts. If you are planning on leaving the country you are not going to be able to "take" the child with you unless you have sole custody. The courts are going to want both parents to be involved with the child if possible. You need to go to the court and file for 1 Divorce and 2 Child custody. Make sure to request that she be ordered not to remove the child from the states. Be careful in dealing with her so she can't fake abuse charges against you. In fact you should always meet her in a public place and hopefully with some 3rd party watching over the two of you.

THE BABY IS WITH HER AND I KNOW WHERE SHE IS WITH HER GIRL FREIND, IS THERE A WAY TO TAKE THE BABY FROM HER

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Custody of a child is a matter for family courts. If you are planning on leaving the country you are not going to be able to "take" the child with you unless you have sole custody. The courts are going to want both parents to be involved with the child if possible. You need to go to the court and file for 1 Divorce and 2 Child custody. Make sure to request that she be ordered not to remove the child from the states. Be careful in dealing with her so she can't fake abuse charges against you. In fact you should always meet her in a public place and hopefully with some 3rd party watching over the two of you.

WOW INTERESTING ADVICE THANK U

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Does the child have US Passport ? If so, that might 'complicate' things for the USC spouse, then becomes 'easy' flight risk for the foreign spouse.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: TN Visa Country: Bhutan
Timeline

Shiver me Timbers!!! Wow, It is stories like these that send shivers down the spines of us looking for a genuine partner in life and love.

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Keep you head up high and make decisive actions with your brain and not your emotions.

Don

Sad ending.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

NigerianBust, you are the MAN... :thumbs: You got everything on the money!!! You must have an experience with this type of situation, I know I have... :whistle: and you are good at giving the right advice. My hats off to you bro!!! People like you make this site very priceless! :thumbs::thumbs:

Timeline

Thanks , I am old and experienced. I had an ex that threatened to cut out several body parts unique to the female anatomy should I try to leave. He also threatened to drown our son. So I know how to deal with keeping a child safe and safe and sane meeting, although he eventually lost any right to see his son. I know a spent some very edgy times dealing with the foolish " a parent has a right to know their child" moments while I was proving the ex to be unsafe at any distance.

NigerianBust, you are the MAN... :thumbs: You got everything on the money!!! You must have an experience with this type of situation, I know I have... :whistle: and you are good at giving the right advice. My hats off to you bro!!! People like you make this site very priceless! :thumbs::thumbs:

She has the same parental rights to the child as you do. You need to have a judge determine that outcome ie custody. In terms of the K1 as others have said, that is a one time entry visa with clear guidelines: to marry only that person (you) and do so within 90 days. If you don't marry, and cannot marry someone else on that visa, she must leave the country. Then there is the issue of the child and again you'll need legal advise and a court judge to determine the outcome. Her legality or illegality really has no bearing on her having the right to her child. But you also have rights as the child's father.

Good luck, See legal advise.

2007 Nov 30: Met in Las Vegas, Nevada

2009 Jul 13: Proposed/Engaged in Sedona, Arizona

2009 Dec 26: Married in Tucson, Arizona

USCIS

2009 Dec 30: Filed I-130

2010 Jan 02: I-130 delivered

2010 Jan 07: NOA1 - email - CSC

2010 Jan 11: Received NOA1 hardcopy

2010 Mar 24: NOA2 - email & text - NVC

2010 Mar 29: Received NOA2 hardcopy

I-130 was approved in 76 days from NOA1 date

NVC

2010 Mar 30: NVC received - case# assigned - emails given to NVC

2010 Mar 30: Opted in - DS3032 emailed to NVC

2010 Mar 31: Received AOS bill & DS3032 - paid AOS

2010 Apr 05: Online payment portal confirms paid AOS(Apr 2 processing date)

2010 Apr 05: Sent I-864 package

2010 Apr 15: EP confirmation email

2010 Apr 15: IV bill generated & paid

2010 Apr 15: Email confirmation - receipt of DS3032

2010 Apr 16: IV bill confirmed paid - sent DS230 package

2010 Apr 19: NVC operator confirms I864 & DS230 documents have been received

2010 Apr 21: AVR confirms all documents received Apr 19th

2010 Apr 23: Email from NVC: case complete - confirmed by NVC - sign in fail

Completed in 24 days

CONSULATE

2010 May 27: Email from NVC - consulate received file - interview Montreal Jul 27th

2010 Jun 16: Medical @ Woking Medical Centre, Vancouver, Canada - APPROVED

2010 Jul 27: Interview @ US Consulate in Montreal, Canada - APPROVED

Your interview took 201 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

2010 Aug 13:POE Washington - APPROVED

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

2012 May 14 - mailed I-751

2012 May 16 - delivered @ CSC

2012 Jun 18 - I 551 stamp

2012 Jun 28 - biometrics appointment NOA notice date Jun 7

2012 Dec 20 - approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You need a Divorce Lawyer.

I doubt if a US Court would let the child leave the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.