Susita

Puerto Ricans are Citizens

44 posts in this topic

"Paul and Vanessa" doesn't consider you citizens anyways.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Since I'm sick of the general ignorance -

"On July 25, 1898, during the Spanish-American War, Puerto Rico was invaded by the United States with a landing at Guánica. As an outcome of the war, Spain ceded Puerto Rico, along with Cuba, the Philippines, and Guam to the U.S. under the Treaty of Paris.[14]

The United States and Puerto Rico thus began a long-standing relationship. Puerto Rico began the 20th century under the military rule of the U.S. with officials, including the governor, appointed by the President of the United States. The Foraker Act of 1900 gave Puerto Rico a certain amount of popular government, including a popularly-elected House of Representatives. In 1917, the Jones-Shafroth Act granted Puerto Ricans U.S. citizenship and provided for a popularly-elected Senate to complete a bicameral Legislative Assembly. As a result of their new U.S. citizenship, many Puerto Ricans were drafted into World War I and all subsequent wars with U.S. participation.

Puerto Ricans FOUGHT for this country in WWI & WWII drafted and voluntarily... and they now continue to FIGHT for this country.... VOLUNTARILY. They put themselves out there on the front lines with all other citizens.

For anyone who thinks they're not real citizens anyway and they should be 'shipped' back, well there's something seriously wrong with you.

Gracias.

It's a ignorant and stupid individual who believes that Puerto Ricans aren't Americans. What's really sad is that we even need to discuss the issue. I guess the asylums are full so they are just letting them out onto the streets.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It's a ignorant and stupid individual who believes that Puerto Ricans aren't Americans. What's really sad is that we even need to discuss the issue. I guess the asylums are full so they are just letting them out onto the streets. copy/paste nonsense on VJ.

Fixx0red.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

I do not think I understand this at all. Why is there hatred towards the fact that Peurto Rican's have American Citizenship? What is the rationale behind that gem?

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I do not think I understand this at all. Why is there hatred towards the fact that Peurto Rican's have American Citizenship? What is the rationale behind that gem?

I don't know. I can guess and say that it's probably because they're brown... although my grandpa was as white as me and from Puerto Rico. Who knows.

He also fought and was wounded in Vietnam. I never get people's logic.

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

"Paul and Vanessa" doesn't consider you citizens anyways.

Where did you see that comment?

And who is stating that puerto rican's are not citizens?

And why is someone tryign to use the brown skin term here. I have seen no posts or articles to claim otherwise.

I am currently searching for somethin gto back up the OP topic.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Where did you see that comment?

And who is stating that puerto rican's are not citizens?

And why is someone tryign to use the brown skin term here. I have seen no posts or articles to claim otherwise.

I am currently searching for somethin gto back up the OP topic.

I think it might have been deleted. To be fair, I think we all need to move past this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My mom's Puerto Rican and she's whiter than my American (who has German-Korean heritage) dad...

It's ignorance. Pure and simple.

I refuse to get offended by stupidity and ignorance. I suggest the same to everyone.