one...two...tree

A Plea to Long Time, Level-Headed Members Who Still Post Here

414 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you mean as a current philosophy, or as historical philosophy of the Progressive movement in the late 19th and early 20th century?

Don't play coy Bill, what I said was clear and straightforward. Are you just trying to run up your post count even further? :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

BY, i'm going to respectfully disagree. I think what we all want is an actually impartial moderation team. One that actually enforces a well articulated TOS rather than the arbitrary and vague attempts that they do now. Maybe, even get deputy moderators to stop trolling OT. I don't mind it, but it degrades the credibility of all moderators when it happens.

i wasn't aware you had a problem with my posts.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Ahhhh, good old BY. All talk, zero substance. The point of my posting IS your racist postings. It is the manner in which moderators let it go, yet crack the whip on minor infractions later on to counteract their prior indifference. I think the standard formula for any thread that you and I are in goes something like this: 1-2 pages of actual legitimate discussion, then at some point on the 3rd or 4th page, either i'll post something from a site that you think is far too liberal, or you'll post some statistics out of context, or try to pass off a story you heard from a government official or police officer friend of yours as some sort of researched citation, and then the insults fly.

To the contrary, it's you who belittles everyone (like Paul) who has a differing view but seldom provide a legitimate view of your own; well nothing beyond you hate brown people rants. Much like a certain other poster who has since calmed down, you seem to feel you are commander and chief, therefore, attempt to police the boards. You cry racism but have a laugh when you label Aussies dirty stupid convicts.

It's not my problem that you seem to think others who work directly in a field do not know what they are talking about while you do. Much like certain others with like-minded views, you will downplay and belittle anything posted but never post a shed of evidence of you own. When pushed further for details to support the view you have posted, you resort to a range of tactics such as personal insults or bringing up two to three year old posts; which is when a thread goes south.

Actually, what you do is attempt character assassination. It's why Paul is now on the radar and you are trying to make him look like a fool rather than actually have a legitimate discussion with him. Whereas while I might disagree with Paul on a number of topics, I discuss the topic rather than my view of Paul; let alone bring up what he said three weeks ago.

In other words mate, you fit perfectly into the definition of a troll.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well in all fairness we are in OT. Had people been attacking others in the forum, that would be a different story. The problem some have now is that they don't agree with an impartial moderation and prefer 05 to 07, where the few with non-ULW POV posted, they were attacked almost daily.

If people are not free to chat, Mike might as well just save himself the time and shutdown OT. Or simply make it free of any topics that cause friction - like religion and politics.

There are various forms of attack.

When an attack becomes personal, or even borderline personal - IMO, it's time to go.

FWIW, VJ has evolved from what you experienced in 05 to 07. It's not the same beast, at all. It should be clear, hopefully, to anyone reading this, that baiting, flaming, and personal attacks are 'not the way to go', in OT.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

To the contrary, it's you who belittles everyone (like Paul) who has a differing view but seldom provide a legitimate view of your own; well nothing beyond you hate brown people rants. Much like a certain other poster who has since calmed down, you seem to feel you are commander and chief, therefore, attempt to police the boards. You cry racism but have a laugh when you label Aussies dirty stupid convicts.

I call out stupidity when I see it. Same goes for racism. When you go off on one of your diatribes about anchor babies and ghetto culture, and try to pretend that it's not racist, I'll call you out. If you put forth some researched theory but provide no proof, I call you out. Be careful there about putting words in my mouth BY. I have said that Australians are descended from a penal colony. Care to empircally dispute this? Then again slander is a criminal offense too :jest:

It's not my problem that you seem to think others who work directly in a field do not know what they are talking about while you do. Much like certain others with like-minded views, you will downplay and belittle anything posted but never post a shed of evidence of you own. When pushed further for details to support the view you have posted, you resort to a range of tactics such as personal insults or bringing up two to three year old posts; which is when a thread goes south.

You've just described yourself, down the the very last detail. You my friend are the one who posts skewed articles and studies from racist websites like american renaissance, and thats if we're even lucky enough for you to cite your references. How many times have you tried to pass off some second or third or fourth hand story that you've heard from someone else as some sort of evidence? And that is if you aren't just out and out making it up.

Actually, what you do is attempt character assassination. It's why Paul is now on the radar and you are trying to make him look like a fool rather than actually have a legitimate discussion with him. Whereas while I might disagree with Paul on a number of topics, I discuss the topic rather than my view of Paul; let alone bring up what he said three weeks ago.

In other words mate, you fit perfectly into the definition of a troll.

I don't have to make you or others of your ilk look foolish, you do a good enough job of it on your own when you post. If you don't think you're a forum troll, you might want to look a bit harder because you fit each and every one of those characteristics that you posted.

Timeline

i wasn't aware you had a problem with my posts.

I don't mind you trolling OT, as a poster. But when you've got that title under your name, you are held to a different level of scrutiny. If you troll OT, it carries a bit more weight than BY, or myself trolling OT. A newb who rarely ventures out of the upper or regional forums might wander in and not being able to differentiate between you being a moderator in certain regional forums and a regular poster in OT. I think it is a credibility issue. Maybe Ewok could fix it so that your title only shows up when you are in a moderating capacity in the regional forums only?

There are various forms of attack.

When an attack becomes personal, or even borderline personal - IMO, it's time to go.

FWIW, VJ has evolved from what you experienced in 05 to 07. It's not the same beast, at all. It should be clear, hopefully, to anyone reading this, that baiting, flaming, and personal attacks are 'not the way to go', in OT.

I don't give a toss about that stuff, what I think is unconscionable is allowing blatantly bigoted theories to be voiced and paraded in OT unchecked as if there was a lax policy on racism.

Either the TOS is unambiguous on this issue and moderation is tight on it, or the TOS should be re-jigged to allow for equality of opinion on this issue giving racists free reign to air their views on the cultural and inherent perversions of whatever 'race' strikes their fancy.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

Maybe Ewok could fix it so that your title only shows up when you are in a moderating capacity in the regional forums only?

This can be easily fixed with anonymous moderator accounts as Jenn proposed earlier.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

This can be easily fixed with anonymous moderator accounts as Jenn proposed earlier.

Yes the Stig approach sounds really good to me, and its something I'm guessing the moderators would appreciate.

Edited by Sousuke

Timeline

I don't mind you trolling OT, as a poster. But when you've got that title under your name, you are held to a different level of scrutiny. If you troll OT, it carries a bit more weight than BY, or myself trolling OT. A newb who rarely ventures out of the upper or regional forums might wander in and not being able to differentiate between you being a moderator in certain regional forums and a regular poster in OT. I think it is a credibility issue. Maybe Ewok could fix it so that your title only shows up when you are in a moderating capacity in the regional forums only?

obviously you do mind, otherwise you'd not have said anything.

yes, the title does add more scrutiny just by making that previous comment. i read ot, i comment on things, but nowhere near as much as i used to and i'm more mindful of what i post than i was earlier. obviously, there's no satisfying some people though.

and unlikely on that idea for ewok - sounds like in the too hard to do category.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I call out stupidity when I see it. Same goes for racism. When you go off on one of your diatribes about anchor babies and ghetto culture, and try to pretend that it's not racist, I'll call you out. If you put forth some researched theory but provide no proof, I call you out. Be careful there about putting words in my mouth BY. I have said that Australians are descended from a penal colony. Care to empircally dispute this? Then again slander is a criminal offense too :jest:

See rob, you falsely assume that offends me - it doesn't. Thus why I have never reported it. Perhaps you like the ghetto culture of thuggery and cronyism - I don't. Perhaps you like that unlike most other first world (civilized) countries anchor babies quality for citizenship in the US - I don't. All you do is "call out" but never provide anything let alone any rational reasoning of your own. Once agian, you think you are commander and chief when in reality you are just a .......

You've just described yourself, down the the very last detail. You my friend are the one who posts skewed articles and studies from racist websites like american renaissance, and thats if we're even lucky enough for you to cite your references. How many times have you tried to pass off some second or third or fourth hand story that you've heard from someone else as some sort of evidence? And that is if you aren't just out and out making it up.

Experience is not some story. You don't seen to grasp the concept of someone working in a field or empirical evidence well. Perhaps my experience from a foreign country that is ranked highly in the world, is irrelevant when compared to thew opinions of the resident libs.

I don't have to make you or others of your ilk look foolish, you do a good enough job of it on your own when you post. If you don't think you're a forum troll, you might want to look a bit harder because you fit each and every one of those characteristics that you posted.

You are correct in saying nothing you say can make anyone look foolish. You are a forum troll, it's why you carry out tactics like character assassination. It's also why you like to get into long debates about a poster's opinion or your view of them, rather than actually discuss the OP.

This latest rant is just more undeniable proof of this. I know you are itching to mention something I said in 2007. :lol:

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

from what i recall of vj history, that was tried once (before my time, and maybe before your time) and it failed miserably.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I just found this thread but just from my experience here in OT...

I have pretty much stopped posting except for maybe one thread (C4C) due to the fact that left and right I'm getting offended by posts. There's blatant racism/prejudice/stereotyping in a great majority of OT threads (most can agree with me, these individuals try to say it's not racism/prejudice, but it's obvious). If every thread I go in, there's posts stereotyping my race/culture/religion etc., why would I want to post there? I understand we have to have thick skin around here, but geez, I'd need a tar coating on my skin to not get offended by these posts.

For example, the comment that was just made saying that "Puerto Ricans should just be shipped back to Puerto Rico because they're not real citizens anyway." Is this for real? Way to insult someone's background.

I'm just saying... when people don't feel comfortable or they can't debate without insults being thrown around (racially or not) why would they want to post here?

And I thought there was a policy on racism in the forums?

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg