pracmac

Kind of annoyed

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline

We submitted my husband's I-129F paperwork in the beginning of January 2010. Got the receipt and they started processing it on January 22nd. I keep checking the status online and it is still in initial review. We are at 5 months now and STILL in initial review? I called USCIS (and after 14 million prompts I finally got to a robot (a human robot). She was reading questions out (in a monotone voice) and finally said here is an email address since you have called before (more than 30 days ago) you must contact the California service center directly. I asked for a phone number and she said they don't have one. So I basically wasted 45 minutes of my time for an email address I could have gotten on my own. How long is this supposed to take? sheesh! Even our I-130 asked for more evidence (a few weeks ago) I thought the I-129F was supposed to be the speedier route. (they don't appear to have even touched it yet). Our immigration system is ridiculous!

Sorry for ranting.

11/27/2009 Filed I-130

12/04/2010 Paperwork returned because I signed on wrong place

12/06/2010 Filed I-130 (signed in correct place)

12/16/2009 Received N.O.A for I-130

12/31/2009 Husband refused entry into U.S as a visitor, sent back to England

1/4/2010 Filed I-129F

1/21/2010 Received N.O.A for I-129F

5/3/2010 Received letter from D.O.T asking for certified divorce certificate for I-130 visa (my prior marriage)

5/6/2010 Sent certified divorce decree over night to Chicago

5/18/2010 Received NOA 2 for I-129F

That's all so far

Big Hugs to All of You

Lisa

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

We submitted my husband's I-129F paperwork in the beginning of January 2010. Got the receipt and they started processing it on January 22nd. I keep checking the status online and it is still in initial review. We are at 5 months now and STILL in initial review?

Sorry for ranting.

I would guess you should get the CR1 visa very soon! The CR1 visa sounds more appealing to me because right now my British hubby is going crazy waiting for the EAD. My understanding is that the CR1 means he get green card sooner, and it's less expensive?

Maybe they have it ready to go except for that ONE little thing? Time for you to make sure he has everything in order as well! The police certs and immunizations can take awhile to obtain.

Good luck!!

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline
<br />I would guess you should get the CR1 visa very soon! The CR1 visa sounds more appealing to me because right now my British hubby is going crazy waiting for the EAD. My understanding is that the CR1 means he get green card sooner, and it's less expensive?<br /><br />Maybe they have it ready to go except for that ONE little thing? Time for you to make sure he has everything in order as well! The police certs and immunizations can take awhile to obtain.<br /><br />Good luck!!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I thought he can't even make an appointment for his immunizations until he receives a letter telling him to. (we don't have a case number other than the I-797C NOA (the initial receipt). How and where does he need to go for the police certificate? After June 22nd (when it is exactly 6 months)what should I expect to get in the mail and what should I be getting together (actually what should I expect just in general lol)?

11/27/2009 Filed I-130

1/4/2010 Filed I-129F

5/3/2010 Received letter from D.O.T asking for certified divorce certificate for I-130 visa (my prior marriage)

That's all so far

Big Hugs to All of You

Lisa

Timeline

<br /><br /><br />

I thought he can't even make an appointment for his immunizations until he receives a letter telling him to. (we don't have a case number other than the I-797C NOA (the initial receipt). How and where does he need to go for the police certificate? After June 22nd (when it is exactly 6 months)what should I expect to get in the mail and what should I be getting together (actually what should I expect just in general lol)?

We did the K1, so I'm not sure about the CR1 or K3 processes. It would have saved us time and money if my fiance turned husband would have gotten his shots instead of waiting until he got here. You can pay for them at a premium at the medical exam, but I would recommend getting them done at the GP for free and later getting the immunization records in hand to take to the visa exam right before he goes.

VJ's information here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United%20Kingdom&cty=London has some of the information that is needed.

I believe the CR1 London interview information is here: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/forms/IV018.pdf

and the Kvisa London interview information is here: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html

Both seem to show police cert on the list, but I wouldn't send for it before your file is approved and sent to London.

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Timeline

We did the K1, so I'm not sure about the CR1 or K3 processes. It would have saved us time and money if my fiance turned husband would have gotten his shots instead of waiting until he got here. You can pay for them at a premium at the medical exam, but I would recommend getting them done at the GP for free and later getting the immunization records in hand to take to the visa exam right before he goes.

VJ's information here: http://www.visajourn...gdom&cty=London has some of the information that is needed.

I believe the CR1 London interview information is here: http://www.usembassy...forms/IV018.pdf

and the Kvisa London interview information is here: http://www.usembassy...a/iv/iv_15.html

Both seem to show police cert on the list, but I wouldn't send for it before your file is approved and sent to London.

I believe the I-129F is the same thing as the K1/K3 (the petition for alien fiance) (even though we were already married, we were told to submit this form). I found the police cert form and emailed it to my husband. I'm a little confused on the immunizarions. Some people on here are saying he doesn't have to have those shots with the K3 (but will eventually need to have them with the I-130 perm resident).

11/27/2009 Filed I-130

1/4/2010 Filed I-129F

That's all so far

Big Hugs to All of You

Lisa

Timeline
I believe the I-129F is the same thing as the K1/K3 (the petition for alien fiance) (even though we were already married, we were told to submit this form)

Uhh who told you to do that if you are already married? That is a fiance visa and not a husband visa. This could be part of your problem...

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Actually, it is correct to file the I-129F after the I-130 if the petitioner seeks a K3 visa. Unfortunately, the K3 is pretty much administratively dead, and hasn't offered statistically speedier reunions in years. It was still being touted as such, but unless you absofeckinglutely had to save the extra month that a CR1 might take, there really is no reason to apply for it anymore. If the I-129F and I-130 approvals arrive at the same time, the K3 aspect is closed and it becomes a CR1/IR1 visa by default. There are many advantages to the CR1 visa over the K3, not least of which is cost.

The OP seems quite confused about the process. I'm moving this to the K3 process and procedures forum from the UK forum, as the OP hasn't gotten to the consulate level yet and will benefit from other K3 folks' opinion on the USCIS procedures.

Best of luck, pracmac.star_smile.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Since there was some confusion, this is an over-simplified explanation of the various visas.

I-129F($355) --> K1 fiance visa ($131) --> AOS($1010)in US to get green card

I-130 + I-129F($355) --> K3 spouse visa($131) --> AOS($1010)in US to get green card

I-130($355) --> NVC processing & fee payment(about $470) --> CR1 spouse visa (a true immigrant visa where green card is processed/approved prior to entry into the US. No additional paperwork or fees after entry. You will receive green card a few weeks after arrival)

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

We already filed the I-130 (back in December). It was the processors at customs at the airport that told us to file the 129F. (we got a RFE for the I-130 a few weeks back). Which I find funny that the one that is supposed to take longer is actually going faster (fast like molasses). How long does it usually take once it gets on the U.K side to get the interview?

11/27/2009 Filed I-130

1/4/2010 Filed I-129F

That's all so far

Big Hugs to All of You

Lisa

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We submitted my husband's I-129F paperwork in the beginning of January 2010. Got the receipt and they started processing it on January 22nd. I keep checking the status online and it is still in initial review. We are at 5 months now and STILL in initial review? I called USCIS (and after 14 million prompts I finally got to a robot (a human robot). She was reading questions out (in a monotone voice) and finally said here is an email address since you have called before (more than 30 days ago) you must contact the California service center directly. I asked for a phone number and she said they don't have one. So I basically wasted 45 minutes of my time for an email address I could have gotten on my own. How long is this supposed to take? sheesh! Even our I-130 asked for more evidence (a few weeks ago) I thought the I-129F was supposed to be the speedier route. (they don't appear to have even touched it yet). Our immigration system is ridiculous!

Sorry for ranting.

There is nothing of any value contained in any of the responses I read so far. Forget the I-129F. It should never have been filed as all information indicating it will reunite your family faster is years out of date. At this point, your I-129F, if approved, will be administratively closed at NVC anyway.

You probably ARE close to an I-130 approval but are far from a CR1 visa. Start studying the CR1 visa guide as that's the visa path you're on, not K3, not anymore.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

The only hope you have is IF the I-129F is approved at USCIS and it DOES NOT TRAVEL with the I-130. Otherwise, expect the I-129F to be administratively closed at NVC. You've got an RFE on the I-130, so there is some hope of 'debundling'. A Small Hope, but a hope, nonetheless.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I applied for K3 (sent both petitions) and it was approved and sent at the same time to NVC.

Of course, they closed my I-129F and I had to follow Cr1.

Fortunately I was aware about this possibility and read trough the guides for CR1. Once my petition arrived in NVC I had all the civil documents and affidavit of support ready to go.

Start studying the guides for CR1 now, and if you are well prepared your process with NVC should be pretty fast.

CR1 is WAY better than K3. I'm glad they didn't let me follow K3. I can't imagine having to go trough immigration stuff again (AOS) once I get in the US.

With Cr1 your husband will get a immigrant visa and receive his GC by the mail in a few weeks after US entry.

Good luck!

ps- this guide is awesome. Read it and you will know what to do once you reach NVC http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Edited by mrs. wife!

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

He should be getting his police certificate now and taking care of his immunizations as well. If he has a record of immunizations, that's great, if not he should have an antibody titer test done.

He will need a police certificate from his home country as well as from any other country outside the U.S., where he resided for more than 12 months.

Details on where to go and what to get for that PC for the UK are here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3699.html#docs

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Update: Just received word from our senator via email that our I-129F was approved and sent to NVC on May 18th.

11/27/2009 Filed I-130

1/4/2010 Filed I-129F

That's all so far

Big Hugs to All of You

Lisa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Update: Just received word from our senator via email that our I-129F was approved and sent to NVC on May 18th.

Makes me wonder if they asked:

"What is the status of the I-129F"

or

"What is the status on the I-129F AND I-130

It's great that you actually heard something - no doubt about that - the thing is do you really know which petition is going to move forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.