JAPrincess

Strange Letter

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually I do and have done. So have my parents. We get a LOT of mail and just open it all at once. It's rare but it happens when I'm talking to someone and forget to "check" that it's mine.

It also has happened at my work several times. We simply put it back in the envelope and sticky-taped it shut. We then wrote "opened in error" and the firms details on it and gave it to the person it was supposed to be given to.

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I hope you don't think I did. I just meant, as you said, that at some point someone realizes that the mail they're holding isn't theirs. I too think it's, at best, someone playing a very cruel prank on someone and at worse, someone who should be reported before they decide to do anything worse.

Adjustment of Status

11/03/10 ------- AoS (I-130/I-485) Package mailed out (Priority Mail)

11/07/10 ------- AoS Package received and singed for

11/10/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (emails)

11/12/10 ------- NOA1 received for I-130, I-485 and I-765 (hard copies)

11/12/10 ------- Touches on I-130, I-485 and I-765

11/19/10 ------- Biometrics appointment letter received

12/06/10 ------- RFE for I-693 (I think the issue is that it was not signed. Called USCIS and will receive a letter in a few days explaining)

12/13/10 ------- Biometrics done

12/16/10 ------- EAD card in production (email)

12/20/10 ------- Received "Letter of Explanation" for RFE (Service Request to expedite my case. Called USCIS and was told to ignore that and just send in response to RFE.)

12/22/10 ------- Touch (Email for Post Decision Activity on EAD saying that a letter of approval has been mailed out)

12/24/10 ------- Received EAD in the mail

12/27/10 ------- Applied for SSN

12/31/10 ------- Received Interview letter

01/03/11 ------- Received SSN card in the mail

01/07/11 ------- Mailed out response to RFE (I-693)

01/15/11 ------- Email confirming USCIS received RFE response

01/31/11 ------- Approved!

Pre-Adjustment of Status:

2006 -------- Met Online

02/07 ------- Visited him in the U.S. for what was suppose to be a few weeks (Came in with birth certificate and health card. Health card expired a few months after)

08/07 ------- Decided to get married because we didn't want to be apart (in the U.S.)

10/10 ------- USCIS Medical Done

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am just gathering papers and documents to start our visa journey and have had not dealings with USCIS. But in other dealings with a number of states and US government in interstate trucking as an owner operator driver I never received a letter without a signature on it. They also always contained phone numbers date it was written and a header that gave office, department etc. information on it. The person sending it had their name typed above the signature.

This sounds possible like harassment and intimidation by the neighbor that could include Stalking. Or it is a set up to rob her when she goes there. That is the correct address for the SF USCIS office if spelled right and is in China Town.

When I was stationed at Ft. Ord in 1968-69 we had a fellow in our company of Chinese ancestry who’s parents lived in China Town and he told me if I ever went in to China Town to stop and start asking for him even if I knew he was at Ft. Ord for my safety and to be out of town before sun down.

If it indeed came by mail the Post Master would want to see it. If it was not sent by USCIS as it appears not to be police should be called now.

Is your coworker sure she left the country? Did she or other roommates go to the airport with her? Could she have been kidnapped the day she left by this neighbor and he is trying to cover his tracks? I think your coworker should stay clear of this neighbor and call the police NOW and show them the letter. There are too many nuts surfacing today in the news now days.

First email 2004-09-05

Visit her in Russia 2009-09-18 to 2009-11-02

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

Touch : 2010-08-18

NOA2 :2010-01-13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This is a fraudulent letter and the person who wrote it might face criminal charges of mail fraud.

USCIS Letters are very specific:

(1) They contain no spelling or grammar mistakes

(2) They have reference numbers or A-numbers in the letter

(3) They never ask you to bring "personal or valued possessions" to the USCIS office

(4) The USCIS Chief of Legal Counsel never provides legal advice to the public, their function is solely to advise the USCIS in the interpretation of the law

I would submit this document to ICE. They can check for latent prints, hair and fiber, type of paper used, postoffice stamps and ink type.

I say the same thing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

When I was stationed at Ft. Ord in 1968-69 we had a fellow in our company of Chinese ancestry who’s parents lived in China Town and he told me if I ever went in to China Town to stop and start asking for him even if I knew he was at Ft. Ord for my safety and to be out of town before sun down.

Meh. I've been to Chinatown after sundown many times. Some of the best restaurants are only open for dinner. Chinatown doesn't really begin to take on any real sense of personality until after dark. The biggest problem you're likely to have in Chinatown is aggressive panhandlers. Stay out of the back streets and alleys, but that applies to any part of any big city anywhere in the world.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

USCIS never discuss law with anyone. this letter is fake.

May 26th, 2009 : WAVA filed.

June 1st, 2009 : RFE issued Good moral: replied june 15th 2009

July,17 2009 : Prima facie approvel received.renewed again march 3, 2010

February 2, 2010 :I-765 filed, : denied

August 12,2010 :RFE issued on WAVA, more evidence needed.

sept 3rd 2010 : I-765 filed again. 9/15/2010:Filing receipt received.

Sept 15,2010 : REF answered with all evidences.9/17/2010:RFE recvd by USCIS.

Sept 19, 2010 : I 765 approved.

Sept 19,2010 : I360 touched. status changed to RFE Under review.

sept 20th 2010 : I 765 card production ordered, No Biometric, no picture etc.

sept 21 2010 : I 765 touched, still card in production.

Sept 22,2010 : I-765 touched, Card in production.

Sept 23, 2010 : I765, touched, Approval letter mailed. Card approved (???)

Sept 24,2010 : I 765 touched again. No change???

Sept 27, 2010 : EAD received.

october 3, 2010 : old expired EAD from last year touched (#######?)

October 5, 2010 : I 360 touched.

October 12,2010 : I 360 touched. Acceptance letter issued.???

Oct 13, 2010 : court date with IJ. I,m my own lawyer.

oct 13, 2010 : I 360 touched.

oct 14th2010 : I 360 touched

oct 15 2010 : I 360 touched.

OCt 20,1020 : I 360 approved.letter received.

oct 25 2010 : I 360 touched.

april 20 2011 : court date. I,m my own lawyer.I expedited my date: filed I 485, new date January 9th 2011, case terminated.

may 9th 2011 : I 485 interview.

MAy 25th 2011 : Card production ordered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.