Obama 2012

Arizona Passes "Changes Bill" To New Immigration Law

65 posts in this topic

Absolutely ! Each legal immigrant is required to carry ID already, and if they can't 'remain in status', for whatever reason - sorry, it's time to go. I have NO MERCY for anyone 'out of status', regardless of visa type.

What about the K1 entrant who has filed for adjustment but hasn't received their greencard yet? Do they have a document to show a police officer that you think that officer would understand?

What about all the K1 entrants who don't bother filing to adjust for ages because the common wisdom on this forum is there's no rush to file?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What about the K1 entrant who has filed for adjustment but hasn't received their greencard yet? Do they have a document to show a police officer that you think that officer would understand?

What about all the K1 entrants who don't bother filing to adjust for ages because the common wisdom on this forum is there's no rush to file?

The 2nd bit of yer words, should include that disclaimer (which many others already know) -

if you are 'out of status' - stay OUT of any enforcement area, as you run huge risk of being detained.

Now, I'm not trying to put words in yer mouth, but YOU DID OMIT that 2nd bit - either by mistake or on purpose.

Seriously - MANY OTHERS KNOW THIS - I'm hoping you did as well, and were just trying to play 'devils advocate' about it.

-----

A K-1 entrant who DOES HAVE the receipt notice is fine, won't be detained. Anyone else, sorry !!!!

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I see. Good luck with that one.

So it's ok to break the law in your mind?

It's ok for Mary to ignore her immigration status, knowing very well what the law is and what the conditions that she agreed to be to here in the first place are? Knowing very well if she violated those conditions, she might be deported back to her home country?

It's not like those in the country temporarily or on certain status' don't understand the conditions on which they are allowed to be here.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

The 2nd bit of yer words, should include that disclaimer (which many others already know) -

if you are 'out of status' - stay OUT of any enforcement area, as you run huge risk of being detained.

Now, I'm not trying to put words in yer mouth, but YOU DID OMIT that 2nd bit - either by mistake or on purpose.

Seriously - MANY OTHERS KNOW THIS - I'm hoping you did as well, and were just trying to play 'devils advocate' about it.

-----

A K-1 entrant who DOES HAVE the receipt notice is fine, won't be detained. Anyone else, sorry !!!!

I was playing devil's advocate.

However, I also do not believe law enforcement will understand receipt notices, I797's, NOA's, or whatever we like to call them. I do not believe local law enforcement would understand the concept of an alien being "under color of law" in such situations. As such I believe the detention of these individuals would be persecutory.

And, I believe it's unacceptable that a legally present alien has to "stay out of enforcement areas" for fear of being apprehended. That's just wrong.

Edited by JohnnyQuest

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

No Paul, it's not ok to break the law in my mind, or even to actually break the law. Mindful of that, I try not to break the law, including the 'silly' ones, like speeding or running red lights.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

However, I also do not believe law enforcement will understand receipt notices, I797's, NOA's, or whatever we like to call them. I do not believe local law enforcement would understand the concept of an alien being "under color of law" in such situations. As such I believe the detention of these individuals would be persecutory.

And, I believe it's unacceptable that a legally present alien has to "stay out of enforcement areas" for fear of being apprehended. That's just wrong.

Alright then - we have dichotomy of opinion about it, you and me. No Worries, from me.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

noa1 for the aos :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

You like the idea of every citizen having to prove their legal status at any given moment?

Yes. I don't see any major inconvenience doing so either. Last time I left the house without ID I was in elementary school.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Yes. I don't see any major inconvenience doing so either. Last time I left the house without ID I was in elementary school.

Are you the Ukranian?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

thread closed for review

After review this thread is re-opened with one personal attack removed.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Brewer signed the changes bill and it's now official and set to take effect in 90 days.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

So librul can be flung around willy nilly because it's not insulting, even while most people who use that term actually mean dirty commie ####### but calling someone a fascist when they clearly are one is called a personal attack?

Who knew?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They're not required to understand them, under the Arizona law. They're supposed to contact federal authorities to verify status. Presumably, if they've got an A# then they should be able to verify status reasonably quickly.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So librul can be flung around willy nilly because it's not insulting, even while most people who use that term actually mean dirty commie ####### but calling someone a fascist when they clearly are one is called a personal attack?

Who knew?

The personal attack in the post that was removed had nothing to do with calling someone a fascist - or a 'librul'.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!