Obama 2012

Arizona Passes "Changes Bill" To New Immigration Law

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
What bothers me is the likelihood that USC's of (brownish) color will end up carrying their passport books or passport cards all the time while white USC's won't because they know they most likely don't have to. That would be wrong.

Bathe in this regularly and your worries shall dissipate.

clorox-bleach.jpg

A simple thumb print with every drivers license or state ID would eliminate any possible discrimination period. If someone gets pulled over for speeding, they place their thumb on a reader and their status is verified - end of story. Time for immigration to move into the 21st century and stop pretending we don't have the technology or means to do the job (without discrimination) of enforcing the laws.

PS This also eliminates the in-between period when people first come in, as our thumb print is already in the system.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I like it more than the idea of only citizens of color having to carry evidence.

I have long believed that part of our problem with resolving race issues in America

is our inability to accurately name what we are. Aside from the occasional Johnny

and Edgar Winter, there are no white people. Any child with a box of crayons can

tell you that white people are, in fact, beige. The sickly ones are gray. Following

this crayon logic, one can easily see that there are really no black people. They

are brown. Or perhaps raw umber. Or maybe burnt sienna. Frankly, every time I hear

someone comment on America's first black president, I can't help thinking, "No,

he's not. He's more like caramel." Which is why I think we should all get in the

habit of calling each other what we really are. How can you racially slur a man by

calling him "beigey" or "umber?" The answer is you can't. Because that's exactly

what he is. The melanin doesn't lie. Buy a box of Crayolas and see for yourself.

We are all members of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Can I hear a kumbaya? (link)

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Sounds like a National ID or maybe having D/L's with the holder's current status spelt out on it -- the D/L could expire when the status expires and you would have to renew it based on your new/renewal of status -- is the way to go forward.

Oh my God, no, you really don't want the Department of Motor Vehicles interpreting your status based upon the date on your greencard. They all have rigid policies based upon dates rather than an understanding of the law. None of them seem to understand that permanent residency doesn't expire just because the card does.

We could have a national database for everyone legally living in the US. Take a thumbprint of each of them. Issue cops a print reader that is tied into the database. No ID needed, just a quick thumb scan.

Everybody legally living here? Everybody?

Here in Iowa a birth cert is required for a USC to get a license. For an immigrant, they must also show a Green Card or an EAD with at least 30 days left on it before it expires.

What makes you think that just because a document expires that the person is here illegally?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Darn, they changed the wording. grrr.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

What makes you think that just because a document expires that the person is here illegally?

Thus the attempt to vet out those not here legally.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Thus the attempt to vet out those not here legally.

:lol:

An expired document does not necessarily an illegal alien make.

Riiiight. So lets not put any proactive measures in place because of a handful of people with expired documents.

Timeline

Agreed - but being IN POSSESSION of an expired document - is grounds to be hauled in to the pokey, for further determination of 'current status'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Riiiight. So lets not put any proactive measures in place because of a handful of people with expired documents.

Don't be stupid just because you can be, all right?

The point is that determining someone's legal status isn't as easy as looking at a paper.

If I was hauled into the police station because local law enforcement didn't have the brains to understand my document, the next place I would go after they FINALLY let me go would be a lawyer's office.

Agreed - but being IN POSSESSION of an expired document - is grounds to be hauled in to the pokey, for further determination of 'current status'.

What if that expired document is all the legal alien has?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I have long believed that part of our problem with resolving race issues in America

is our inability to accurately name what we are. Aside from the occasional Johnny

and Edgar Winter, there are no white people. Any child with a box of crayons can

tell you that white people are, in fact, beige. The sickly ones are gray. Following

this crayon logic, one can easily see that there are really no black people. They

are brown. Or perhaps raw umber. Or maybe burnt sienna. Frankly, every time I hear

someone comment on America's first black president, I can't help thinking, "No,

he's not. He's more like caramel." Which is why I think we should all get in the

habit of calling each other what we really are. How can you racially slur a man by

calling him "beigey" or "umber?" The answer is you can't. Because that's exactly

what he is. The melanin doesn't lie. Buy a box of Crayolas and see for yourself.

We are all members of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Can I hear a kumbaya? (link)

who are you and what did you do with our gecko? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

What if that expired document is all the legal alien has?

then status will be determined at the local ICE office, once the legal alien is dropped off there by the arresting officer or subsequent jail transfer officer.

Edited by Darnell

then status will be determined at the local ICE office, once the legal alien is dropped off there by the arresting officer or subsequent jail transfer officer.

Is that acceptable to you?

Timeline

Is that acceptable to you?

Absolutely ! Each legal immigrant is required to carry ID already, and if they can't 'remain in status', for whatever reason - sorry, it's time to go. I have NO MERCY for anyone 'out of status', regardless of visa type.

Absolutely ! Each legal immigrant is required to carry ID already, and if they can't 'remain in status', for whatever reason - sorry, it's time to go. I have NO MERCY for anyone 'out of status', regardless of visa type.

I see. Good luck with that one.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .