Ali G.

Immigration reform really heating up

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'd really look into the hocker thing if I were you. Half a pay chack for some decent hocker is a pretty good trade, if you ask me. Good hocker can be very hard to find. Most NHL cities would give their eye teeth to get a decent hocker team out on the ice.

all im saying is the mexican should batter them self how the excpect the immigration gave them amnsty and the act bad way

why when you ask any body from demincan or cubue ARE MAXCICAN they get mad BECOUSE THEY KNOW HOW MAXICAN ARE :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

all im saying is the mexican should batter them self how the excpect the immigration gave them amnsty and the act bad way

why when you ask any body from demincan or cubue ARE MAXCICAN they get mad BECOUSE THEY KNOW HOW MAXICAN ARE :bonk:

Hey, I agree with you. Mexicans should batter themselves. For that matter, most of us could use some deep fried batter coating! It makes sex much more interesting when you have to chew through the crispy coating to get to the chewy center.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Batter down the hatchets!
why when you ask any body from demincan or cubue ARE MAXCICAN they get mad BECOUSE THEY KNOW HOW MAXICAN ARE
That's because they're not Maxicans; they're Lessicans.
:bonk:
That must be the Maxcican battering them selfs, si man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

the same way I argue logically with racists that want illegals here so they can abuse and exploit them as slaves.

If our politicaians would end the economic incentive to be here, there would be no need to guard the border. I live just a stone's throw from the Canadian border and we do not see Quebecois sneaking through our backyards. Why? Because there is no economic incentive for a Canadian to enter the US illegally. Just go over to the Champlain or LaColle border crossing and show your enhanced drivers license. There is no econmic incentive, hence there is no problem. The economic incentive does not exist with Canada because Canada is a good country that offers its citizens a productib=ve and free way of life. I have lived on both sides of that border and there is little difference on either side.

Our neighbors to the south do not have a good economy and the government there also benfits from pimping out its citizens as cheap labor in the USa and reduces its burden on the universal health care (which apparently isn't incentive enough not to leave...imagine that) So we need to end the incetive by making it horrifically expensive to employ an illegal alien, well, illegally. When there are no jobs, there will be no illegals. When it is not economically feasible to employ them, when the penalty exceeds the benefit by many-fold, the jobs will evaporate, and so will the slaves. They will walk home faster than people have fled Detroit and will prbably build a wall for us on their way out. (we can tear it down later)

Slow your roll gringo! You offer a blanket, simple fix to a complex problem, and insist all who don't see it are racist slave owning exploiters? Take a zanax and calm down.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

We should expand the NAFTA treaty to include the importation/exportation of unskilled labor. Labor is a commodity in the Libertarian, free market mindset, so why is it that the mere thought of an undocumented worker washing dishes here in the states gets so many self professed Libertarians worked up? I have yet to see anyone making a compelling argument as to how immigration (legal or illegal) has a detrimental effect on our economy, except perhaps by helping to keep wages lower for unskilled labor. Even with that argument, depressed wages actually benefit those in higher earning jobs. It keeps all those services we use cheap and we can be harsh towards the unskilled laborers by denying them any of the benefits the rest of us enjoy while making them pay into the system. Is there any logical reason why we don't need reform?

When someone cannot make a logical argument, they resort to the Berlin wall or silly pictures.

When someone advocates the cold-blooded murder of unarmed civilians, then that someone advocates and validates the very crimes which occured time and again at the Berlin Wall. It's really not that hard to see.

This would work. Penalize the American businesses that employ them and it would stop. Use e-Verify, etc. There would be no need for a border fence. And there would be plenty of new jobs for Americans and legal immigrants.

That's the key, in my opinion. All it takes to stop the run on the US is to eliminate the economic incentive. There's got to be real jeopardy attached to employing a person that isn't authorized to work in this country. Fines for employing unauthorized individuals ought to put a business out of business. Restrict licensing to ensure that offenders can't offend again and add some jail time for the owner and / or hiring manager. Make the fines prohibitive and few, if any, would dare employ illegal aliens. People won't come if there ain't a buck to be made.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

That's the key, in my opinion. All it takes to stop the run on the US is to eliminate the economic incentive. There's got to be real jeopardy attached to employing a person that isn't authorized to work in this country. Fines for employing unauthorized individuals ought to put a business out of business. Restrict licensing to ensure that offenders can't offend again and add some jail time for the owner and / or hiring manager. Make the fines prohibitive and few, if any, would dare employ illegal aliens. People won't come if there ain't a buck to be made.

It would also more a more effective deterent if the politicians would quit repeatedly rewarding illegal aliens with promises of amnesty, permanent residency, work authorization, and citizenship. This stupid mentality encourages illegal immigration rather than deters it, but this is exactly what Obama and the Democratic leadership proposes as "reform" when, in fact, it is a cheap self serving political ploy to dupe the ignorant while not solving the problem. Shame on them!

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

When someone advocates the cold-blooded murder of unarmed civilians, then that someone advocates and validates the very crimes which occured time and again at the Berlin Wall. It's really not that hard to see.

Someone invading a soveriegn nation is not by any means a civilian. They are enemies. Period.

If you try and enter a foreign nation without identifying yourself to that nation and in an illegal/sneaky fashion, then you should be shot on sight. If you somehow make it in, then you should be arrested and treated as a POW. It's really that simple.

FEAR is a great deterent.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

We should expand the NAFTA treaty to include the importation/exportation of unskilled labor. Labor is a commodity in the Libertarian, free market mindset, so why is it that the mere thought of an undocumented worker washing dishes here in the states gets so many self professed Libertarians worked up? I have yet to see anyone making a compelling argument as to how immigration (legal or illegal) has a detrimental effect on our economy, except perhaps by helping to keep wages lower for unskilled labor. Even with that argument, depressed wages actually benefit those in higher earning jobs. It keeps all those services we use cheap and we can be harsh towards the unskilled laborers by denying them any of the benefits the rest of us enjoy while making them pay into the system. Is there any logical reason why we don't need reform?

The initial question was what is reform. Evidently for you reform means amnesty.

Actually there are numerous legitimate arguments. However, it does puzzle me that you are now basically insinuating we need illegal aliens so that I can buy a burger at Wendy's cheaper. What you are effectively saying is that this cheap labor really helps me, because it's not as if they are going to do my job. Boy do you guys cry murder when your jobs are exported accordingly to return higher profits for shareholders. Then it becomes wrong and we get all anti-corporation and anti-globalization. AKA selfish hypocrisy.

The rest of the first world doesn't solely base decisions on 230 year old cliches or sayings like, Give me your yad yad yda etc. Does it not say anything to you that not one of these countries has a liberal enter as you please policy? Nevertheless, so basically you don't deem having jobs accessible to the 10% of Americans unemployed as being a compelling argument? Spare me with the they are just dishwashers. They now pretty much do every blue-collar job. Jobs that for hundreds of years American thrived on, jobs that many abroad still make a good salary doing.

As Gary pointed out here, the second they give them amnesty and access to legitimate wages, a whole new wave will start to come here because the employers will fire them. What are these new citizens going to do once new illegals take their jobs? You guessed it (well probably not) join the ranks of the 60,000,000 Americans already living in poverty.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

One guess who will replace these people? You guessed it, one of the 30,000,000 Americans out of work.

As more American work, the economy starts to get better. As the economy gets better more jobs become available. As more jobs become available people change jobs and companies will have a harder time finding employees. As companies have a harder time finding employees, they are forced to pay more to recruit people. As Americans get paid more, their standard of living and quality of life increases. As the quality of life increases, people have less of an incentive to resort to crime or live in squalor in ghettos. It's not rocket science by any stretch. America did this between the 40's to the 70's. Australia and Canada still practice this, hence their uber high salaries and quality of life.

What puts a wrench in the cogs of this well oiled machine? You guessed it, limitless cheap labor - E.G. illegal immigrants. Hence it's proactive crackdown in every other first world country.

Interesting you say that, because I have found it to be untrue in some cases. I know of an individual illegally present, originally from Guatemala, who works for a landscaping company. He began this job a couple months ago. The crew is currently comprised of 12 Hispanics/Latinos, and 3 white Americans who are the managers/drivers. Since he has worked there, he has seen 9 American citizens come and leave. Out of those, the white Americans only lasted a couple of weeks each. The black/African Americans lasted a couple of days for one, and one day for the other. These individuals did more complaining than working. I found this interesting because I previously also believed that there weren't really jobs that American's "won't do" but I have discovered a real life example proving this to be true. The opportunity was extended equally and those who wanted it took it, those who couldn't hack it will go back home and keep complaining.

According to the left the tea party ppl are radical. When I saw a cop getting a rock to the head this morning on the news at an immigration law protest in Arizona. Im sure the lefties will be coming out in droves today on how dangerous and vile these ppl are.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Interesting you say that, because I have found it to be untrue in some cases. I know of an individual illegally present, originally from Guatemala, who works for a landscaping company. He began this job a couple months ago. The crew is currently comprised of 12 Hispanics/Latinos, and 3 white Americans who are the managers/drivers. Since he has worked there, he has seen 9 American citizens come and leave. Out of those, the white Americans only lasted a couple of weeks each. The black/African Americans lasted a couple of days for one, and one day for the other. These individuals did more complaining than working. I found this interesting because I previously also believed that there weren't really jobs that American's "won't do" but I have discovered a real life example proving this to be true. The opportunity was extended equally and those who wanted it took it, those who couldn't hack it will go back home and keep complaining.

What were they paid? I highly doubt someone on $20 an hour would complain. Because illegals have suppressed wages, no chance in hell is an America going to earn that anymore.

I will say this though, Hispanic immigrants do have an excellent work ethic and do work hard; no doubt about it. That said, I do think that Americans should have the opportunity to do these jobs and be paid a fair wage for it first.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama