Ali G.

Immigration reform really heating up

99 posts in this topic

What is considered reform? I hope broad-brushed amnesty is not considered reform.

First off, these guys should not be rewarded. If they are to be granted anything, it should be a green card with a path to citizen. Second but most importantly, what the hell is the government going to go to prevent another wave? This is what everyone with a drop of common sense should be asking.

For example:

• Biometric SSC
  • E-verify be mandatory
  • $15K on-the-spot fine for the business (per offense) and $3K on-the-spot personal fine for offending managers.
  • Fifth separate offense resulting in prison and the sale of the business.
  • Implement a temp work visa but mandate that the immigrants must be paid the same rate as if a resident was to do the work. Thus, no exploitation.
  • Ensure visas are handed out equitable. Why should Latin America hog 80% of visa's to the US?

I just have a bad feeling the dems are going to rush on ideology and pass it without any adequate measures apart from slight modification of the current measures. Therefore, in 15 years it will be the same deal all over again. It's already evident in numerous articles and blogs that people erroneously blur the line of illegal aliens with legal immigration.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

we assume that any such legislation will involve a fine for each immigrant to be paid as penalty for the offense of illegal entry and on basis of poison tree monies earned while in USA illegally. in reality, we expect fines will be waived or forgiven in the majority of circumstances, as those agencies set up to deal with the mess will be staffed by legalised wetbacks who will advise the adjusters to report little or no earnings or financial capacity, and the white guys will absorb the damage, again.

we are told that any such reform will involve going back to mexico and getting in the end of the line, but we expect that this requirement will be similarly waived in process.

end result of any such reform, the white guy (and anybody else here legally) loses.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

First off, these guys should not be rewarded. If they are to be granted anything, it should be a green card with a path to citizen.

i think you just contradicted yourself.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

i think you just contradicted yourself.

I meant if they are silly enough to grant them legal status, they should at least have to wait in line with a green card first and have to wait the five years like everyone else. What a slap in the face for many on here if these guys just get to pay a fine and apply for citizenship right of the bat.

Yes, unless someone can legitimately prove they have been here for 10 plus years, I would not grant them status. To be honest, I don't know of any other first world country that would grant amnesty period. Rather, they have implemented massive fines for anyone caught hiring them, including personal fines for the managers and even the possibility of jail time or closing down the business. However, have also enable a legitimate seasonal temp work visa program.

Edited by Ali G.

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

This is an issue that I would seriously join the tea-party over.

What is considered reform? I hope broad-brushed amnesty is not considered reform.

First off, these guys should not be rewarded. If they are to be granted anything, it should be a green card with a path to citizen. Second but most importantly, what the hell is the government going to go to prevent another wave? This is what everyone with a drop of common sense should be asking.

For example:

• Biometric SSC
  • E-verify be mandatory
  • $15K on-the-spot fine for the business (per offense) and $3K on-the-spot personal fine for offending managers.
  • Fifth separate offense resulting in prison and the sale of the business.
  • Implement a temp work visa but mandate that the immigrants must be paid the same rate as if a resident was to do the work. Thus, no exploitation.
  • Ensure visas are handed out equitable. Why should Latin America hog 80% of visa's to the US?

I just have a bad feeling the dems are going to rush on ideology and pass it without any adequate measures apart from slight modification of the current measures. Therefore, in 15 years it will be the same deal all over again. It's already evident in numerous articles and blogs that people erroneously blur the line of illegal aliens with legal immigration.

Bill 1070 in Arizona. It's now a state crime!yes.gif

The sweeping legislation makes it a crime to be illegal in our state. It also requires local police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.

There are other portions of the law that address day laborers and the transportation of an illegal immigrant.

http://www.azfamily....l-91939104.html

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Shoot those crossing the border illegally, on the spot.

Then enforce the damn laws already on tbe books. It's truly not that hard, just the politicians have too much to gain politically not to do it...

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Bill 1070 in Arizona. It's now a state crime!yes.gif

The sweeping legislation makes it a crime to be illegal in our state. It also requires local police to question people about their immigration status if there is reason to suspect they are in the country illegally.

There are other portions of the law that address day laborers and the transportation of an illegal immigrant.

http://www.azfamily....l-91939104.html

About time states stood up for their sovereignty. Mexico has been making a mockery of the US for years now. All while they treat their own illegal immigrants like #######.

Then enforce the damn laws already on tbe books. It's truly not that hard, just the politicians have too much to gain politically not to do it...

A $15k fine per offense should rule out any incentive to hire, as will a $3k personal fine for the manager.

About time states stood up for their sovereignty. Mexico has been making a mockery of the US for years now. All while they treat their own illegal immigrants like #######.

and even kill them!

A $15k fine per offense should rule out any incentive to hire, as will a $3k personal fine for the manager.

It’s now a state crime to hire illegal immigrants last week or so a Mc. D’s was busted for having 16 illegal’s, I’m sure with the new bill business will have to change their greedy ways, i.e. ‘cheap labor‘!

It’s now a state crime to hire illegal immigrants last week or so a Mc. D’s was busted for having 16 illegal’s, I’m sure with the new bill business will have to change their greedy ways, i.e. ‘cheap labor‘!

One guess who will replace these people? You guessed it, one of the 30,000,000 Americans out of work.

As more American work, the economy starts to get better. As the economy gets better more jobs become available. As more jobs become available people change jobs and companies will have a harder time finding employees. As companies have a harder time finding employees, they are forced to pay more to recruit people. As Americans get paid more, their standard of living and quality of life increases. As the quality of life increases, people have less of an incentive to resort to crime or live in squalor in ghettos. It's not rocket science by any stretch. America did this between the 40's to the 70's. Australia and Canada still practice this, hence their uber high salaries and quality of life.

What puts a wrench in the cogs of this well oiled machine? You guessed it, limitless cheap labor - E.G. illegal immigrants. Hence it's proactive crackdown in every other first world country.

Edited by Ali G.

One guess who will replace these people? You guessed it, one of the 30,000,000 Americans out of work.

As more American work, the economy starts to get better. As the economy gets better more jobs become available. As more jobs become available people change jobs and companies will have a harder time finding employees. As companies have a harder time finding employees, they are forced to pay more to recruit people. As Americans get paid more, their standard of living and quality of life increases. As the quality of life increases, people have less of an incentive to resort to crime or live in squalor in ghettos. It's not rocket science by any stretch. America did this between the 40's to the 70's. Australia and Canada still practice this, hence their uber high salaries and quality of life.

What puts a wrench in the cogs of this well oiled machine? You guessed it, limitless cheap labor - E.G. illegal immigrants. Hence it's proactive crackdown in every other first world country.

I agree!

Researchers Link Latino Immigration and Black Urban Violence

A recently released study authored by Louisiana State University (LSU) Sociology Professor Edward Shihadeh and Ph.D. candidate Raymond Barranco "confirms that Latino immigration and dominance of low skill jobs have displaced blacks from low-skill labor markets, which in turn led to more violence in urban black communities." 2010). Interestingly, while the researchers acknowledge that the problem "is traceable to U.S. immigration policies over the last several decades."

Accordingly, this has "increased the number of Latino workers in the United States competing for jobs….Blacks lost that competition in many cities, and where that occurred, murder rates went up."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

It's interesting that the word "lesbian" is seen as a TOS violation by the VJ mod squad, and has to be purged from a post.

Meanwhile calls to violence and murder are allowed to stand.

I don't know what's more disgusting. The calls for violent murder, or the arbitrary suppression of speech. Both are so thoroughly un-American it makes me nauseous to see them here day-in and day-out.