Ali G.

Immigration reform really heating up

99 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

How do you argue logically with those who are so illogical they would shoot all those who illegally cross our border? Or someone as illogical as you so often are for that matter?

the same way I argue logically with racists that want illegals here so they can abuse and exploit them as slaves.

If our politicaians would end the economic incentive to be here, there would be no need to guard the border. I live just a stone's throw from the Canadian border and we do not see Quebecois sneaking through our backyards. Why? Because there is no economic incentive for a Canadian to enter the US illegally. Just go over to the Champlain or LaColle border crossing and show your enhanced drivers license. There is no econmic incentive, hence there is no problem. The economic incentive does not exist with Canada because Canada is a good country that offers its citizens a productib=ve and free way of life. I have lived on both sides of that border and there is little difference on either side.

Our neighbors to the south do not have a good economy and the government there also benfits from pimping out its citizens as cheap labor in the USa and reduces its burden on the universal health care (which apparently isn't incentive enough not to leave...imagine that) So we need to end the incetive by making it horrifically expensive to employ an illegal alien, well, illegally. When there are no jobs, there will be no illegals. When it is not economically feasible to employ them, when the penalty exceeds the benefit by many-fold, the jobs will evaporate, and so will the slaves. They will walk home faster than people have fled Detroit and will prbably build a wall for us on their way out. (we can tear it down later)

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

But what about the Republicans? The now unemployed, but legal, immigrants will create millions of slave openings in the underclass labor market and millions new illegals will pour across the border to fill their place as underpaid, exploited slaves. Reoublicans will have their cheap labor force and the politicians will have pulled off another conscriptuion of slaves.

we need a HUGE tax on the employment of illegal aliens. We need to require ALL persons seeking medical attention to prove they are legally present in the country, except for life saving procedures, and we need to require ALL persons seeking to enroll in any educational institution to prove they are legally present in the USA. If we do this, slavery will end and the slaves will WALK back to freedom, universal health care and worker protection laws in their own country.

Slaves aren't paid anything so you'll need to rethink things. The idea the Republicans are going to kill themselves politically by saying nothing about illegal immigration during a period of high unemployment doesn't ring true. Of course they don't have the votes to stop anything now. Bush and McCain got thumped by conservatives who were against the amnesty legislation. Sure, some businesses don't ask too many questions because they want cheap labor.

If there was a tax on the employment of illegal aliens- they wouldn't be illegal as the government would be formally recognizing their employment status. There would still a huge incentive to leave Mexico as wages there are quite low and they have shown a willingness to undergo a rough trip here and work under less than ideal working conditions.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

the same way I argue logically with racists that want illegals here so they can abuse and exploit them as slaves.

If our politicaians would end the economic incentive to be here, there would be no need to guard the border. I live just a stone's throw from the Canadian border and we do not see Quebecois sneaking through our backyards. Why? Because there is no economic incentive for a Canadian to enter the US illegally. Just go over to the Champlain or LaColle border crossing and show your enhanced drivers license. There is no econmic incentive, hence there is no problem. The economic incentive does not exist with Canada because Canada is a good country that offers its citizens a productib=ve and free way of life. I have lived on both sides of that border and there is little difference on either side.

Our neighbors to the south do not have a good economy and the government there also benfits from pimping out its citizens as cheap labor in the USa and reduces its burden on the universal health care (which apparently isn't incentive enough not to leave...imagine that) So we need to end the incetive by making it horrifically expensive to employ an illegal alien, well, illegally. When there are no jobs, there will be no illegals. When it is not economically feasible to employ them, when the penalty exceeds the benefit by many-fold, the jobs will evaporate, and so will the slaves. They will walk home faster than people have fled Detroit and will prbably build a wall for us on their way out. (we can tear it down later)

This would work. Penalize the American businesses that employ them and it would stop. Use e-Verify, etc. There would be no need for a border fence. And there would be plenty of new jobs for Americans and legal immigrants.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Danno, on 25 April 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

No need to shoot invaders, the punishment must be weighed against the crime.

I would opt for a hell hole detention center where someone caught invading would spend about 6 or 8 months in a safe but harsh camp... awaiting processing.

The catch and released type action is silly.

------

Again like the Iranians? You must be a member of the Revolutionary Guard willing to kill the innocent.

---- perhaps you misunderstood, I'm not for killing anyone, just making it uncomfortable enough so they think twice about being released and "going for it" again.

BUt the truth is, as a nation we are not capable of this... if we have groups dedicated to the comfort of Terrorists caught and detained in Iraq and afghaN.... we as a nation are neutered.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

This would work. Penalize the American businesses that employ them and it would stop. Use e-Verify, etc. There would be no need for a border fence. And there would be plenty of new jobs for Americans and legal immigrants.

It would be nice, but I think Gary is right...too many big employers have politicians in their pockets and thats why such an obvious solution isn't coming forward in Washington.

Danno, on 25 April 2010 - 10:53 PM, said:

No need to shoot invaders, the punishment must be weighed against the crime.

I would opt for a hell hole detention center where someone caught invading would spend about 6 or 8 months in a safe but harsh camp... awaiting processing.

The catch and released type action is silly.

------

Again like the Iranians? You must be a member of the Revolutionary Guard willing to kill the innocent.

---- perhaps you misunderstood, I'm not for killing anyone, just making it uncomfortable enough so they think twice about being released and "going for it" again.

BUt the truth is, as a nation we are not capable of this... if we have groups dedicated to the comfort of Terrorists caught and detained in Iraq and afghaN.... we as a nation are neutered.

Your right Danno, that comment was more directed at Paul then you but for some reason I put it under your quote. Sorry about that.

Edited by Sousuke

It would be nice, but I think Gary is right...too many big employers have politicians in their pockets and thats why such an obvious solution isn't coming forward in Washington.

Too many employers want the slave labor so they don't have to pay the going wage or benefits. They are criminals and violating America's laws.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Too many employers want the slave labor so they don't have to pay the going wage or benefits. They are criminals and violating America's laws.

I am betting the vast majority that have come in the recent wave (10-15 years) are working at small businesses, construction crews, eateries, labor forces. with some sprinkled in some larger companies.

Most struggle at = english have limited formal education, and are suited to limited work.

No doubt some large slaughterhouse/ chicken house type places employ large numbers of them but I think the most are spread out in mom and pop type employment.

.... and what is with this myth that Republicans own all these big businesses which hire illegals, anyone have citation on this? Democrats don't go in business or hire cheap (hard working ) labor?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Timeline

I’m not try to be rude her!!!!! But with all respect to the Latino is .they don’t get involved with society like all immigrant dos

(not all of them ) they are limited IN HOW TO USE THEM BRAIN(epically Mexican) they don’t speak English or try to learn !!!!

The newspaper they read is Spanish

The TV they watch is spanish

When they come to talke to you they speak Spanish and they know you don’t speak Spanish when you tell them its America speak English they get mad

Its good to try to enrolled with your clutter her in USA but when is become to much …….is to much

So how the government they going to give them amnesty and they not even try to help them self they come her and after 20 years her they still say (im not from her)and im going back … they don PAY’t ax HEY if want to stay her and be American ACT LIKE ONE

I am betting the vast majority that have come in the recent wave (10-15 years) are working at small businesses, construction crews, eateries, labor forces. with some sprinkled in some larger companies.

Most struggle at = english have limited formal education, and are suited to limited work.

No doubt some large slaughterhouse/ chicken house type places employ large numbers of them but I think the most are spread out in mom and pop type employment.

.... and what is with this myth that Republicans own all these big businesses which hire illegals, anyone have citation on this? Democrats don't go in business or hire cheap (hard working ) labor?

Republicans created the myth that Democrats are all welfare-schmoozing parasites who don't work and only live off of the labors of the hard-working Republican man.

And now you want to say we Democrats own businesses????

Why, dear sir, we're Democrats. We lack the discipline and initiative.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I’m not try to be rude her!!!!! But with all respect to the Latino is .they don’t get involved with society like all immigrant dos

(not all of them ) they are limited IN HOW TO USE THEM BRAIN(epically Mexican) they don’t speak English or try to learn !!!!

The newspaper they read is Spanish

The TV they watch is spanish

When they come to talke to you they speak Spanish and they know you don’t speak Spanish when you tell them its America speak English they get mad

Its good to try to enrolled with your clutter her in USA but when is become to much …….is to much

So how the government they going to give them amnesty and they not even try to help them self they come her and after 20 years her they still say (im not from her)and im going back … they don PAY’t ax HEY if want to stay her and be American ACT LIKE ONE

You might want to try an English lesson yourself. Just saying.

You might want to try an English lesson yourself. Just saying.

will if im not good at writting ... i speack english very will people think i was born her but i never want to school her and look i still writ and speak and english is my scound at least idont spend half of my pay chack on hocker and drugs and the other half send it to maxico

will if im not good at writting ... i speack english very will people think i was born her but i never want to school her and look i still writ and speak and english is my scound at least idont spend half of my pay chack on hocker and drugs and the other half send it to maxico

"Her" written English noticeably degraded in quality from "her" previous post to this one. "She" is pretending.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'd really look into the hocker thing if I were you. Half a pay chack for some decent hocker is a pretty good trade, if you ask me. Good hocker can be very hard to find. Most NHL cities would give their eye teeth to get a decent hocker team out on the ice.