Dan T

The sun is still shining? For now maybe, but when you wake up

72 posts in this topic

http://republicans.waysandmeans.house.gov/UploadedFiles/WM_hcr_timelinel.pdf

you can dismiss this if you like simply on the basis of the source being the GOP if you like but this is pretty scarry to me and id love to see someone dispute these claims on a factual basis. personally it makes me feel like less of a whacko when I tell people to fear obama and his weather underground mentors.

and add to it this video

http://www.breitbart.tv/mccaskill-dems-over-promising-on-health-care/

Edited by Dan T

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
•Allows dependents to stay on parents’ policies through age 26 (plan years

beginning 9/23/10)

•Provides limited protections to children with pre‐existing conditions (plan years

beginning 9/23/10)

I'm wondering if these dependent adult children must also be full time students to be added to their parents' policies. My stepdaughter got kicked off of my policy when she dropped back to part-time student status and has not had insurance since then. She is now 24 years old and will be 25 years old when this provision kicks in.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

tell that to the parents of those college kids who will be able to get coverage under the new law

Tell that to those patients who got bump by the insurance companies after paying their policies for years.

Tell that to the patients who's medical procedure got delayed and cancel because she had a prescription for a Wart at the age of 16, now at 38 with Breast Cancer and the insurance company is saying it's a pre existing condition

Tell that to the mother, the children of that same patient why THEIR MOM IS DEAD, because the insurance company battle with her not to cover her medical (even though she's been paying her premium for years) after a long court battle, she finally won

BUT BY THEN HER CANCER HAD SPREAD TOO FAR, The doctors were unable to save her life. Had she had it removed when it was a pea pod size, she would have had a great chance for a full recovery, but after a year long battle the same cancer was the size of an orange and had already spread with several lympnod.

If you feel this is Justice, go look yourself in the mirror.

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't get it. I really don't.

Healthy people like me, who have been dropped by their "for profit" health insurance corporation after many years of payments, because they had a case of high blood pressure 20 years ago, or didn't mention they had acne as teenagers, will now be able to get insurance coverage, and not having to fear losing everything they worked for their entire lives once they get sick.

People like me, who have a daughter in college, who makes about $380 a month at Starbucks, yet costs about $2,200 per month including tuition and room and board, will be able to add that child to their health care policy.

People who get sick, all of a sudden, can soon not be dropped by their health insurance companies.

So basically, a tiny bit out of the "getting sick-for-profit" margin of the big corporate insurance companies has been reduced, for the good of the people. More rights for people, less for corporations. That is so very bad?

I don't get it. The only losers here are the big money makers: the for profit health care corporations. Everybody else, every individual, is a winner.

People are dumb, so very dumb.

Edited by Just Bob

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Healthy people like me, who have been dropped by their "for profit" health insurance corporation after many years of payments, because they had a case of high blood pressure 20 years ago, or didn't mention they had acne as teenagers, will now be able to get insurance coverage, and not having to fear losing everything they worked for their entire lives once they get sick.

People like me, who have a daughter in college, who makes about $380 a month at Starbucks, yet costs about $2,200 per month including tuition and room and board, will be able to add that child to their health care policy.

People who get sick, all of a sudden, can soon not be dropped by their health insurance companies.

So basically, a tiny bit out of the "getting sick-for-profit" margin of the big corporate insurance companies has been reduced, for the good of the people. More rights for people, less for corporations. That is so very bad?

I don't get it. The only losers here are the big money makers: the for profit health care corporations. Everybody else, every individual, is a winner.

oh theres plenty more losers than that, how about all of the otherwise productively minded individuals that will remain unemployed because those evil for profit corporations cant afford the liability, or the seniors who are currently benefiting from the prescription drug plan that their former employer used to pick up but got forced into medicare part D because their company could no longer afford the expense. big corporations are made up of people that depend on those big profits for their ability to provide for themselves and their families all the way down to the guy in the mail room, not just the few 7 figure guys at the top. catapillar alone will have to shovel out another $100 mil next year because of the added tax as a direct result of this bill. That $100 mil could have gone to hire a lot of people now couldnt it. dumb very dumb indeed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Health Care needs to be fixed. Not Insurance.

As I've said before as well, NOTHING has stopped anyone from starting their own insurance company with their 'rules' that they want to have. If this was 'such a big deal' than maybe, just maybe those people who felt neglected should have put their heads together and started their own company. Of course, this is the America of today where Government is needed, not the America of yesterday when people thought and fought for themselves.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

Wait until everyone sees the money gone that the health care industry is going to be gorging on for a few years. They will come back to ask for more because they have wasted pretty much of what they gotten so the politicians will say they have invested this much so far so they HAVE to keep funding all this. The trough will be filled again and again and our health care will be nowhere where it used to be, especially after the costs have risen to huge amounts. (Yes the costs that the sheep were moronic enough to believe)

soooooooo many people say oh yeah take his money and give it to me, well what happens when the gifted productive people that make the world go round have no money left because they themselves have been taxed into poverty. then who will take care of the "take care of me take care of me, me me me" people.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
•Allows dependents to stay on parents’ policies through age 26 (plan years

beginning 9/23/10)

•Provides limited protections to children with pre‐existing conditions (plan years

beginning 9/23/10)

I'm wondering if these dependent adult children must also be full time students to be added to their parents' policies. My stepdaughter got kicked off of my policy when she dropped back to part-time student status and has not had insurance since then. She is now 24 years old and will be 25 years old when this provision kicks in.

Just because I asked this question does not mean I approve of, like, or think this is the best way to reform healthcare in regards to this recent healthcare legislation that was passed. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it just like the old healthcare system and I have to learn how to make it work for my circumstances.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Historically when the politicians buy the peoples votes in this way till the treasury is depleted it has meant the downfall of that country.

which countries?

Filed: Timeline

Sun still came up in the east today, sky is still up and no discernible cracks in the earths crust yet. My money is on that still being the case next year this time and the year after. Any of the 'end of the world crowd' willing to put their money against my prediction?

oh theres plenty more losers than that, how about all of the otherwise productively minded individuals that will remain unemployed because those evil for profit corporations cant afford the liability, or the seniors who are currently benefiting from the prescription drug plan that their former employer used to pick up but got forced into medicare part D because their company could no longer afford the expense. big corporations are made up of people that depend on those big profits for their ability to provide for themselves and their families all the way down to the guy in the mail room, not just the few 7 figure guys at the top. catapillar alone will have to shovel out another $100 mil next year because of the added tax as a direct result of this bill. That $100 mil could have gone to hire a lot of people now couldnt it. dumb very dumb indeed

This antiquated US system of employers providing health insurance for the population is what fearful neo-conservatives fought for.

And now you don't like it?

:lol:

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

which countries?

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

Of course that famous quote above is not the full story. There are non democracies that have fallen due to financial circumstances. (U.S.S.R.) Recently we are witnessing the country of Greece. There are several countries in Europe in the same straits as Greece.

The above quote was in reference to one of the first tries at Democracy in Athens a couple of thousand years ago. Democracy had gotten a black eye after the attempt when the citizens started to vote for the office seekers that promised them the largess from the treasury but of course they were also going against their own constitution and executing and jailing ones they disagreed with. (Example, Socrates)

During Romans heyday when they still had a Senate and their own form of Democracy they were known to vote for the politician that would promise the most to the citizens that voted. (Like they would promise free wheat to all)

There are many examples and we can go back and forth and I can give many examples. Eventually our debt has to become manageable. A debt can become so huge and unwieldy that just servicing the debt starts taking up all the tax revenues that come in. This means that other public services has to be slashed and taxes raised to just receive the minimal what we need. (Like defense spending)It also means our wealth is exported with no returns to improve our own infrastructure thus accelerating our decline.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

And you, apparently, are one of them. How can the insurance companies lose, when effective price controls were absented from the Bill to appease some Democrat Congressmen and the public-at-large are mandated to take out policies with said private insurance companies? For them, it's a win-win situation.

The only solution here in which the general public win is to remove primary healthcare financing from the realms of the private insurance companies and place it in the public domain, preferably at State level. A single payer system, for all.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png