Dan T

The sun is still shining? For now maybe, but when you wake up

72 posts in this topic

We agree there. It is too bad that the debate and the bill didn't primarily focus on these issues.

the debate did not focus on these issues because the bill was never intended to fix health care. the idea that government can, or wants to, make any in the private sector work better for consumers whether its toy trains, cars, or jet airplanes is complete and utter fantasy.

i offer you this for ridicule or praise

http://www.conservativeblogwatch.com/tag/john-holdren/

obamas Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST). the fact that this guy has the presidents ear at all scares the shyte out of me, the fact that people like him might even remotely be connected to any health care reform being pushed from obama and the dems well......

and lets not forget this guy

http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Ezekiel_Emanuel

i found the section titled Universal Health-Care Vouchers of particular intrest.

this health care bill is not the end, it is a begining, let the tin foil attacks begin

Filed: Timeline

i offer you this for ridicule or praise

http://www.conservativeblogwatch.com/tag/john-holdren/

obamas Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, and Co-Chair of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST). the fact that this guy has the presidents ear at all scares the shyte out of me, the fact that people like him might even remotely be connected to any health care reform being pushed from obama and the dems well......

and lets not forget this guy

http://www.whorunsgov.com/Profiles/Ezekiel_Emanuel

i found the section titled Universal Health-Care Vouchers of particular intrest.

this health care bill is not the end, it is a begining, let the tin foil attacks begin

All you've got here is right wing nuttery? No wonder you believe in the upcoming apocalypse.

All you've got here is right wing nuttery? No wonder you believe in the upcoming apocalypse.

that and my own gut instinct on what these people believe and what they are whispering in the ear of the empty shell that is currently potus

Stock up on tin foil, then. It's your only hope.

fortunately i do believe in our system of getting rid of the parasites in dc who are stealing oxygen from worthy citizens, i am, however, growing increasingly concerned about the quality of people lining up to replace them. if i were a hard line righty as you suggest Id point to the election in november 2010 as the light at the end of the tunnel, but I have equal suspicion that Ill be calling for the hitting of the ejector seat buttons again in the congress in 2012. hitting eject for bho in 2012 is a given, and i dont even care who his replacement is, nor could i name who my ideal choice would be if asked. At the very least id opt for who ever is the opposite party of the congress, gwb and bho have both shown us the folly of having a rubber stamp congress. am i as concerned about rove and his ilk as I am about naked dead fish guy and his older brother? darn tootin. i reassert that the government who governs least governs best.

Well, you'd have to be surprising to command an in kind response.

holding true to your values and being inanely predictable are a far cry from one another. my values lie in small government functioning on minimal duties so the rest of us can live our lives on our own terms. cant say that I see yours on display other than antagonizing people who disagree with you

holding true to your values and being inanely predictable are a far cry from one another. my values lie in small government functioning on minimal duties so the rest of us can live our lives on our own terms. cant say that I see yours on display other than antagonizing people who disagree with you

I don't care whether people agree with me. The fact is that the sun will continue to rise whether that fits your belief system or not.

I don't care whether people agree with me. The fact is that the sun will continue to rise whether that fits your belief system or not.

i guess its merely a question of who understands these people and what motivates them better than the other, and time will tell if the euphamism of the sun still shining will still ring true once these triggers come to pass. i take comfort in knowing that people smarter than me, even in this forum, have a much better way of articulating and supporting my view of things.

i guess its merely a question of who understands these people and what motivates them better than the other, and time will tell if the euphamism of the sun still shining will still ring true once these triggers come to pass. i take comfort in knowing that people smarter than me, even in this forum, have a much better way of articulating and supporting my view of things.

The fact of the matter is that most of the players in the health care system have one primary motivation - no scratch that - one reason for existing: to turn a profit. That's it. That's all they are there for. They don't give a flying ** whether you live or die. In fact, when you come down with a serious illness, you're nothing but a liability that they have a fiduciary obligation to do their best to dispose of. That's really not hard to understand. Forty some odd thousand people are deprived of their constitutionally guaranteed right to life each and every year - over a hundred each and every day - for no other reason than being a liability on the profits of certain businesses. It's indefensible.

The fact of the matter is that most of the players in the health care system have one primary motivation - no scratch that - one reason for existing: to turn a profit. That's it. That's all they are there for. They don't give a flying ** whether you live or die. In fact, when you come down with a serious illness, you're nothing but a liability that they have a fiduciary obligation to do their best to dispose of. That's really not hard to understand. Forty some odd thousand people are deprived of their constitutionally guaranteed right to life each and every year - over a hundred each and every day - for no other reason than being a liability on the profits of certain businesses. It's indefensible.

not trying to defend it but its lunacy to live under the illusion that anyone sitting in an elected, or dictatorial, government seat cares an ounce more for you than the insurence exec. i have a choice to not do business with an insurence company, i make that choice every day. try choosing not to give your money to the govt, just ask showedthelaw.com

Timeline

The Government is only after control and that is all. They don't care one bit if a citizen dies either. They do not care how much the costs are to get what they want. It is after all our money they are spending. We have just given the Feds one of the main levers to control each and every citizen. They now hold the power of life and death over each of us. To be more honest it will be a bureaucrat that will have that power.

Try and sue the government when they deny your claims or for wrongfully saying that what procedure that both your medical provider and you decide is needed to save a life is not what the Feds in far off D.C. say you need.