deleted

National Visa Center

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have two general questions about the NVC that I'm sure will be answered for me automatically if I would just remain patient -- but I'm not!

1. How do you know when the NVC has received your packet? My case is being handled by a lawyer, so I'm receiving "courtesy copies" and not originals. Will I receive something from the NVC to let me know they've received my application?
  2. When I do receive something from the NVC, is this when I will find out when the interview is? Does the NVC make the interview dates or does the specific country's Embassy?

I received my NOA 2 approval on March 1 so I'm sure I'll be receiving something soon (probably today in the mail when I get home from work!) but I'm just anxious. Sorry about that!

Moving thread from K1 process forum to K1 progress forum.

1.) Yes, you'll receive a letter from the NVC saying they've received the packet and are sending it to the consulate for further processing. In our case, we received that letter after the case had been in London for a few days. So it's not an exact science.

2.) No. Overseas consulates schedule their own interviews (at least for K visas anyway).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I have two general questions about the NVC that I'm sure will be answered for me automatically if I would just remain patient -- but I'm not!

1. How do you know when the NVC has received your packet? My case is being handled by a lawyer, so I'm receiving "courtesy copies" and not originals. Will I receive something from the NVC to let me know they've received my application?
  2. When I do receive something from the NVC, is this when I will find out when the interview is? Does the NVC make the interview dates or does the specific country's Embassy?

I received my NOA 2 approval on March 1 so I'm sure I'll be receiving something soon (probably today in the mail when I get home from work!) but I'm just anxious. Sorry about that!

Congrats Sicaria !

You can also call NVC @ 603-334-0700. They are EXTREMELY busy so the best time to call is early morning ( they start answering the phone at 7:30 am EST ) or late night ( they stop answering at 11:40 pm EST ) Have your receipt number ready when you get thru ( WAC # )

I understand about being anxious ! My NOA2 was approved on 4 March and on the USCIS website I had a "touch" on 8 March ( I am thinking it is when it was sent to NVC ). So I thought it couldn't hurt to try and call last Friday night....... got thru after 49 minutes on hold .... and they said they had not rcv'd it yet. Tried again this morning ( EARLY ) and was on hold 5 minutes ..... still not in the system :( I keep telling myself I won't call again until this Friday ....... but Wednesday IS just around the corner ! :whistle:

I-129F sent 01/27/2010
Rcv'd CSC 01/29/2010
NOA1 notice date 02/01/2010
NOA1 rcv'd 02/08/2010
" Touched " 03/04/2010
email notice APPROVED! 03/04/2010
touched 03/08/2010
hardcopy NOA2 rcv'd 03/10/2010
NVC email pkt enroute 03/29/2010
CIS touched again?! 04/01/2010
NVC RECEIVED ! 04/09/2010
NVC sent to embassy 04/15/2010
Embassy received 04/22/2010
Interview date 06/11/2010
APPROVED !!!! 06/11/2010
POE Chicago 07/22/2010
MARRIED !!!!!!! 07/27/2010
AOS,EAD,AP sent 10/01/2010
Rcv'd Chicago lockbox 10/04/2010
NOA rcv'd 10/18/2010
Bio appt. letter rcv'd 11/03/2010
Bio appt. 11/26/2010
Interview letter rcv'd 12/08/2010
Interview appt. 01/11/2011
Email EAD/AP approved 12/14/2010
EAD card arrival 12/20/2010
Re-scheduled Interview 03/01/2011
APPROVED !!!!!!!! 03/01/2011
Green Card ARRIVED !!! 03/11/2011
I-751 R.O.C. sent on 12/05/2012
I-751 packet delivered by USPS to CSC 12/06/2012
check cashed 12/10/2012
Rcv'd NOA 12/10/2012 ... dated 12/06/2012
12/17/2012 Bio letter rcv'd ... Bio appt. 01/02/2013
Biometrics completed 01/02/2013

APPROVED 05/24/2013

Letter rcv'd 06/01/2013

Card arrived 06/20/2013

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Congrats Sicaria !

You can also call NVC @ 603-334-0700. They are EXTREMELY busy so the best time to call is early morning ( they start answering the phone at 7:30 am EST ) or late night ( they stop answering at 11:40 pm EST ) Have your receipt number ready when you get thru ( WAC # )

I understand about being anxious ! My NOA2 was approved on 4 March and on the USCIS website I had a "touch" on 8 March ( I am thinking it is when it was sent to NVC ). So I thought it couldn't hurt to try and call last Friday night....... got thru after 49 minutes on hold .... and they said they had not rcv'd it yet. Tried again this morning ( EARLY ) and was on hold 5 minutes ..... still not in the system :( I keep telling myself I won't call again until this Friday ....... but Wednesday IS just around the corner ! :whistle:

Yeah, I got through to NVC today and spent 40 minutes doing the busy-redial bit. Finally I get a human being and she seems nice. She asked my WAC # and then asked my Name/DoB and my fiancess's Name/DoB...then she confirmed my email (which she already had in her system), then told me my file was received on Friday March 12th. She said ..so how can I help you.. I said umm can I get my case number...she said just a second...then my ATT iPhone DROPPED the call!! :angry::angry: I tried an hour after that to get back in but the system was too busy. So, I'll try later...but at least I know they have me in their system and have my email.

~Johnny~

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Just like the others have mentioned. You can call NVC after a week or so of getting NOA2. After that they send it to Guatemala and once Guate receives it and processes it, they will send you packet 4. They dont have a packet 3. The bank you pay the visa fee is at Citibank. Marcos received his packet from the embassy about 2.5 weeks after getting NOA2.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yay...! Got through to NVC just now ...and used a non-ATT landline... :whistle: Got through on the first try....really seems easier if you wait till after hours to call....the person I spoke to was really nice and pleasant... and I even joked around about my petition only taking 41 days... she said, who did you pay off as CSC... :lol: but anyway..she gave me my MNL # and said they send actions to each consulate once a week....and she said she couldn't say if mine would be on this week or next week's batch. But seems like things are moving...and I should get a letter and email when my petition is sent to the embassy. :thumbs:

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yay...! Got through to NVC just now ...and used a non-ATT landline... :whistle: Got through on the first try....really seems easier if you wait till after hours to call....the person I spoke to was really nice and pleasant... and I even joked around about my petition only taking 41 days... she said, who did you pay off as CSC... :lol: but anyway..she gave me my MNL # and said they send actions to each consulate once a week....and she said she couldn't say if mine would be on this week or next week's batch. But seems like things are moving...and I should get a letter and email when my petition is sent to the embassy. :thumbs:

Hey Johnny ! WOW !!! Congrats !!! :thumbs:

They still say they have not rcv'd mine yet ! :o

I-129F sent 01/27/2010
Rcv'd CSC 01/29/2010
NOA1 notice date 02/01/2010
NOA1 rcv'd 02/08/2010
" Touched " 03/04/2010
email notice APPROVED! 03/04/2010
touched 03/08/2010
hardcopy NOA2 rcv'd 03/10/2010
NVC email pkt enroute 03/29/2010
CIS touched again?! 04/01/2010
NVC RECEIVED ! 04/09/2010
NVC sent to embassy 04/15/2010
Embassy received 04/22/2010
Interview date 06/11/2010
APPROVED !!!! 06/11/2010
POE Chicago 07/22/2010
MARRIED !!!!!!! 07/27/2010
AOS,EAD,AP sent 10/01/2010
Rcv'd Chicago lockbox 10/04/2010
NOA rcv'd 10/18/2010
Bio appt. letter rcv'd 11/03/2010
Bio appt. 11/26/2010
Interview letter rcv'd 12/08/2010
Interview appt. 01/11/2011
Email EAD/AP approved 12/14/2010
EAD card arrival 12/20/2010
Re-scheduled Interview 03/01/2011
APPROVED !!!!!!!! 03/01/2011
Green Card ARRIVED !!! 03/11/2011
I-751 R.O.C. sent on 12/05/2012
I-751 packet delivered by USPS to CSC 12/06/2012
check cashed 12/10/2012
Rcv'd NOA 12/10/2012 ... dated 12/06/2012
12/17/2012 Bio letter rcv'd ... Bio appt. 01/02/2013
Biometrics completed 01/02/2013

APPROVED 05/24/2013

Letter rcv'd 06/01/2013

Card arrived 06/20/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Yay...! Got through to NVC just now ...and used a non-ATT landline... :whistle: Got through on the first try....really seems easier if you wait till after hours to call....

congrats!!!! :dance: the process will be faster now, good luck in the rest of the process!!

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

** moving from "K-1 Fiance(e) Case Filing and Progress Reports" to "K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures" as the prior forum is for case updates/progress and this one is for questions and you are clearly asking qns**

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Moving thread from K1 process forum to K1 progress forum.

1.) Yes, you'll receive a letter from the NVC saying they've received the packet and are sending it to the consulate for further processing. In our case, we received that letter after the case had been in London for a few days. So it's not an exact science.

2.) No. Overseas consulates schedule their own interviews (at least for K visas anyway).

If by "you'll" you mean "your attorney will" then 1.) above is correct but not assured. If the OP wants to know for certain, they'll need to call NVC with their case number and speak to a human. No K visa information is available through the automated system.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I would recommend calling NVC and get the info yourself. Based on my ex-attorney, I never knew or was advised of anything until 2 weeks after it happened. Thus why i kept calling NVC and DOS. I was more on top of my case then the lawyer was.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.