antda

The New VJ (3/2010)....What do you think?

279 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I like the new front page, with the new posts. However the colouring of the site..ehhh it's too blue or soemting? kinda like all the colours are washed out a bit..nothing really "pops". the lite blue is too lite? I find it's harder on the eyes then the old one.

I love that i can easily see my profile and access my controls from the top right. Seems a bit slow on IE..but i'll try my chrome and mozilla too.

Love the new access to the smileys as well. Although again..those take a while to load on my IE..some wont even show up.

I"ll play around some more and trya nd get used to it :P

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

It is obviously slower than the old one

Not really true. Right now I am slamming the server trying to rebuild old posts and messages :). The site will be MUCH faster once that is done. I turned off a feature just now that should help. No worries. This is why I picked the weekend to do this (lower load). Should be snappy later.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

It is slower now but as Captain Ewok stated in his posts, it will be slow until the migration is complete. It is actually still a work in progress so you will see some of the comments here acted upon pretty quickly. This is a good resource for instant feedback of what is working and what isn't working so if you do find any problems or discrepancies other than 'slowness' post them here. There are some other things such as not all of the smilies showing up, but again that is a transitional situation and is expected to be addressed fully when the new site is fully engaged. You will notice that the PM function is not operative yet as well, but that too, will be when everything is done.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

I could open the PM system back up but you would find that all your PMs are gone (until the migration is complete). Hence the delay ;).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Timeline

I could open the PM system back up but you would find that all your PMs are gone (until the migration is complete). Hence the delay ;).

Hehehe, it's ok - no PMs mean no reports right now. I'll just continue to browse around for now B-). What about re-installing the spam button, Captain?

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I view at reduced width screen and your headers are a mess. The words don't wrap and the bars are placed mid word and then headers over crowd each other. It becomes a ####### shoot and what I am really clicking on Right now I click on General Discussion and the systems takes me to embassy reviews.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I doesn't look bad, BUT it is kind of not really easy to read... It seems like everything got smaller or something. *shrug*

Also the topic images aren't there yet and the little folder icons that represent topic are confusing/slightly annoying.

In all honest I do think some would like this new theme though, while others won't.

Can you possibly make the old theme 'selectable' down at the bottom? Make the new one the 'default' theme and just have the option to pick the old one :)

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

The emotions are fixed. They should all be back.

@NigeriaorBust, you are right that I assume a minimum resolution or the headers may go bonkers. What are you using if I may ask?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The emotions are fixed. They should all be back.

@NigeriaorBust, you are right that I assume a minimum resolution or the headers may go bonkers. What are you using if I may ask?

I use Firefox and because I tend to multitask I reduce width to no more than 80% and sometimes run much lower. The overly pale headers get eaten by the dark ones with pipes thrown in to make it look a bit choppy

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Try the lo-fi skin at the bottom :). It should work well on your cell phone.

This is my first post. So far so good. I will get back to you once I explore a little more. Thanks for all you do for those going through this crazy process! xoxo

K-1

I-129F Sent : 2008-10-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-10-15

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-03-01

Visa Received : 2009-03-20

US Entry : 2009-03-26

Marriage : 2009-05-23

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2009-06-04

NOA Date : 2009-06-11

Bio. Appt. : 2009-06-23 (original date July 10th)

AOS Transfer: 2009-07-02

Touch: 2009-07-03

Touch: 2009-07-06

Touch: 2009-07-07

Touch: 2009-07-08

Touch: 2009-07-10 with email regarding pending status.

Touch: 2009-07-20

Touch: 2009-07-21

AP and EAD Approved: 2009-08-03

AP Touch: 2009-08-04

AP Touch: 2009-08-05

EAD second email and Touch 2009-08-06

EAD Touch: 2009-08-07

AOS Approved: 2009-08-10

ROC: petition filed 5-18-11

NOA1 received 5-27-11

Biometrics 7-11-11

Decision Date 1-9-12