Dakine

K3 is History?

12 posts in this topic

I see post stating you can't even do a K3s anymore. If so why is it even in the guides?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Given that the K-3 info is still available on the USCIS website, I suggest false information.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000082ca60aRCRD

Edited by William33

I see post stating you can't even do a K3s anymore. If so why is it even in the guides?

Well they just cashed my check so, I hope it's false. :blink:

Sent ----- March 2, 2010

NOA1 ----- March 11 2010

NOA2 ----- July 14, 2010 Yahoooooo!!! Sige na, lets GO na.

125 days I-130 approval

Got NVC Number on----------- July 23, 2010

Got email of ds3032/AOS bill---- July 29, 2010

Paid AOS bill ---------------- July 29, 2010

PAID IV BILL -----------------Aug 13, 2010

Rec Instructions --------------Aug 16, 2010

Mailed DS-230 ---------------Aug 16, 2010

NVC case completed -----------Sept 1

NVC sent to Embassy ----------Sept 1

Embassy Received petition ------ Sept 8 2010

Passed the Medical Exam --------Sept 29, 2010

Interview ---------------------October 20, 2010

Approved

MY WIFE IS HOME NA! It's like living a dream everyday.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

See this: http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07...eived-together/

K3 is administratively closed if you apply for it and CR-1 together. CR-1 is the far superior visa and is significantly cheaper than the K3 so I would apply for it over K3 anyway.

K3 requires AOS in order to work and get greencard. CR-1 has roughly the same requirements as K3 but you get GC immediately on arrival and can work and travel immediately.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Well they just cashed my check so, I hope it's false. :blink:

They cashed a check for your I-130 filing fee. Has nothing to do with K3.

Given that the K-3 info is still available on the USCIS website, I suggest false information.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...000082ca60aRCRD

USCIS, as you know, does not issue visas. NVC, part of Dept. of State, as you know, is who effectively killed the K3 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is in the process of happening right now. It is still in the guides as it is in the process of being phased out since there is no longer any benefit to be obtained from the K-3 versus the CR-1 route. There are still people who are somewhere in a K-3 process most of whom will probably end up as CR-1, but there may still be some K-3s that come through down the road. Once the K-3 is well and truly done and there is no one left anywhere within a K-3 process then the guides will be changed to reflect the new reality. Things are still in transition though so it is premature to remove the guides.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

And USCIS will go ahead and process the I-129F and send it to NVC. NVC will send it back to be administratively closed.

And from my dealings with USCIS, they mostly seem unaware that this is happening.

Marriage : 2009-06-30

CSC: 155 days

I-130: 2009-10-01

NOA1: 2009-10-15

NOA2: 2010-03-05

I-129F: 2009-10-16

NOA1: 2009-10-23

NOA2: 2010-03-05

NVC: 60 days

Case #: 2010-03-11

AOS Paid: 2010-03-15

IV Bill Paid: 2010-03-24

Package Sent: 2010-03-29

AVR says received: 2010-04-02

RFE: 2010-04-13

Sign in Fail: 2010-05-10

CONSULATE: 17 days

Medical: 2010-06-04

Interview: 2010-06-15 - APPROVED!

Visa rcv'd: 2010-06-21

POE: 2010-06-29 LAX (286 Days from when we started this whole mess!)

CSC- ROC

Mailed 2012-06-05

NOA1 2012-06-07

Biometrics 2012-07-16

RFE 2013-02-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

There is also the K3/4 part.

My friend applied for K3 with dependent and it seems that NVC will forward her case to the embassy as K3/4.

So it's not definitely dead yet.

CR-1 Journey - California Service Center

I-130 timeline:
I-130 NOA1 - 05th Nov, 2009
I-130 NOA2 - 10th February, 2010 Yay!!!!
"Your I-130 was approved in 97 days from your NOA1 date."

NVC Journey:
02-16-2010: NVC Case # Assigned
03-31-2010: Case Complete!!
04-12-2010: Interview date assigned by NVC.
05-11-2010: Medical appointment in Rio

05-13-2010: Interview in Rio - APPROVED!!!

06-02-2010: POE in Washington DC - Finally home!

July 30, 2010 - Received the Green Card after receiving 4 welcome letters! USCIS see ya later!

2 YEARS LATER......

03-02-2012: Elegible to lift conditions
06-02-2012: Temporary GC expires

12-20-2012: Permanent GC received

6 MONTHS LATER......

06/03/2013: n400 Filled

10/22/2013: Citizenship test and oath ceremony

There is also the K3/4 part.

My friend applied for K3 with dependent and it seems that NVC will forward her case to the embassy as K3/4.

So it's not definitely dead yet.

I had a suspicion that the people at NVC could read a petition, despite opinions to the contrary.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline
I had a suspicion that the people at NVC could read a petition, despite opinions to the contrary.

Can but will they. "It seems" seems like a hopeful opinion, not a progress report.

I sent an email to NVC inquiring about the K4 issue. They responded that I should contact USCIS. I replied that the question was for NVC and referred to their notice. I just received a reply indicating they require a case number before responding. How does that "seem" to you?

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

<!--quoteo(post=3795392:date=Mar 13 2010, 08:30 PM:name=JohnnyQuest)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnnyQuest @ Mar 13 2010, 08:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=3795392"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had a suspicion that the people at NVC could read a petition, despite opinions to the contrary.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can but will they. "It seems" seems like a hopeful opinion, not a progress report.

I sent an email to NVC inquiring about the K4 issue. They responded that I should contact USCIS. I replied that the question was for NVC and referred to their notice. I just received a reply indicating they require a case number before responding. How does that "seem" to you?

I know you have concerns about this issue and they are legitimate.

Would you rather be "right" in your original concerns, or would you rather see the issue being addressed?

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Timeline

Of course I would like to see these concerns addressed but I'm not so invested in it that I'll take somebody's hopeful statement as evidence the concerns are being addressed. If "it seems" as certain way because NVC said so, that's a different matter.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.