Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
awww, that's a great pic lisa! :)
Si man, and congratulations on becoming the ancestress of a descendant, si man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Here's a pic of my two men:

000_0005.jpg

Lisa, I love that look on his face - it's like he's saying with his eyes..."Who the hell are you???" :rofl:

BTW, what a sweet little face he has...I also love him wrapped in the yellow blankie. Awwww.

Edited by Staashi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We do!

Hey everyone....Nicholas Cedric was born on Tuesday, Sept 7, weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz, 21.5 inches long.

Lisa, Congratulation!! by the way, my baby is also a Nicholas :) I just call him by his middle name Nicholas Sam. Your baby is so cute and very handsome indeed!!

Have a nice and easy recovery! (F)

And I hope all the moms and babies that re sick feel better soon! (including mine, he's having runny nose.. from day care).

Sam is sleeping 8 hours again.. I hope this continues :) We just went to apply for his passport and mine and they took a very cute picture of him. I'm also back at work (this week) and I'm so tired from start using my brain again ahahahah

Lisa, I love that look on his face - it's like he's saying with his eyes..."Who the hell are you???" :rofl:

BTW, what a sweet little face he has...I also love him wrapped in the yellow blankie. Awwww.

agree!!!

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations Lisa! He is absolutely adorable! Sorry you were in labor for so long, and then the section, but he is so cute, all worth it! :) I like the name Nicholas!

@Twila: ha, Ben threw daddys cell phone in the pool the other day... And drinking soap sounds familiar too. When I was packing for Germany (he was sitting right next to me) he opened a bottle of Purell and took a sip, then cried "help! help!" because I guess it tasted horrible. I think I was able to wash most of it out of his mouth. But it's pretty scary.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Congratulations LIsa....What a cute little man.

Sorry you had to have the c/s. Your body just wasn't ready. DIdn't the last US also say that he was 'well over 8lbs" or do I remember that wrong?

Congratulations Lisa! He is absolutely adorable! Sorry you were in labor for so long, and then the section, but he is so cute, all worth it! :) I like the name Nicholas!

@Twila: ha, Ben threw daddys cell phone in the pool the other day... And drinking soap sounds familiar too. When I was packing for Germany (he was sitting right next to me) he opened a bottle of Purell and took a sip, then cried "help! help!" because I guess it tasted horrible. I think I was able to wash most of it out of his mouth. But it's pretty scary.

Allie got into Eric's pills yesterday. He always lets her play with them and I keep telling him to put them away. Yesterday she got one of the bottles open (it was an antihistamine) and she must have chewed up three or so pills but they were super bitter and I don't think she swallowed any. We watched her for the rest of the evening cause we didn't want to rush over to emergency care since we didn't know if she had swallowed any pills. She was fine and acted normal. It was scary though and I hope that Eric learned his lesson.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Luckily one thing we dont have to worry about too much since jona pretty much hates food still and doesnt put suff in his mouth... on the plane when he was scared after a nightmare the steward offered him some chocolate and he didnt want it - the guy said thats the first kid to turn down chocolate....

I hope all the kiddos and mamas will feel better soon!!!

@ Lisa: congratulations and a speedy recovery! He looks very cute!

Jona met all his cousins and the local toddlers and keeps hugging them all... he never did that back home, it is pretty cute! He is enjoying the daily trips to the forest and meadows and just loves the animals around here. Im terrified of horses but he really likes them and rips dandelion leaves out for them to feed them... so cute.

Arrghh it is super late here and my sister is visiting, which drives me nuts. Her son is Jonas age and has no sleep schedule. He goes to bed somewhere around 11pm and is super loud... poor jona cannot sleep well with this and she doesnt understand that I'm upset with the situation (her inlaws live 5km from here, just sleep there!). Shes like cope with it soon u have two babies anyways. Well now I dont and deserve my rest and adult talk time after Jona goes to bed! Arrghh how come each time I go back to the states I forget how she is??? It is so rude! And what 2 year old goes to bed at 11pm, gets up at 7am and takes no naps? Id kill myself, gosh I need more sleep than the kid!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: Other Country: Peru
Timeline

Chnst@ can't believe they were so mean to Ben during the flight,but nothing we can do right? after this time flying by AA I promised to myself thta I will never buy their tkts but they have good prices, cheap tkts=cheap service

Lisa@ your baby is too cute, congrats!

Sofia is getting used to live in her house now, hahahah sounds funny, I know she misses her grandparents in Lima, they are awesome.

Staashi or Caro@ Girls you might know a good place where I can buy dulce de leche, I have this crazy idea of starting my own business of peruvian chocolates, homemade of course and need manjarblanco but I know they don't sell it here but i heard that is the same thing as dulce de leche,any advice?

sofsmile-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

So yay, we're finally home!!!

Again, to everyone...TY! We are just so in awe of him and cannot believe how incredibly blessed we are.

@ Staashi - I think the expression's like 'ok, she can make milk, now let's see your trick'

@ Eveline - Yeah, the u/s estimated him at 8lb 10 oz, with a 'margin of error' of 2 lbs. Way to cover the bases, eh? lol. His weight was 7 lb 5, which I don't think is exceptionally large, even for 38.5 weeks. But wth do I know? hhahahah As a breast fed baby, he's lost a little weight, but he's still within the 10% that BF babies lose. My doc seemed to think that my body may never fully dilate big enough to deliver the baby. In fact, when they took him out of me, everyone commented how he took up the whole of me and was 'large', which I don't think 7.5 is large per se. Btw, pre pregnancy, I'm not large, but it's not like I'm some ridiculously narrow waif, either. Anyways, as he was giving me my options - one of which being come back and start the induction all over again a week later (and ignore the risks of the insulin on the baby - 1 in 500 chance of infant death) he was like 'I really cannot guarantee that it'll be any different at all.' So really, not much of an option. With all the drugs they were giving me, my cervix remained completely closed. It thinned, but I think they said only up to 60%...and that was after the 30 some odd hours of labor. Then they gave me something to stop the labor, but it actually didn't work, and I continued to have contractions every minute until the C section.

@ anya - Nicholas is a great name, huh? :P How is it getting back to work now? I'd imagine it can be quite the challenge. btw, feel like posting the passport pic?

@chnst - The labor tbh was horrible, but of course oh so worth it. The C section was equally uncomfortable and really strange to be awake for. But yeah, it's all worth it a million times over.

I had to laugh at the 'help! help!' response, it just seemed so adorable, even though I'm sure it was horrible for him

@Jenn - I totally could, and find myself often doing lately, lol.

The next Q is for c section moms and it's WAY tmi, but I have to ask:

How did you get over all the air in your body? I find it excruciating. I am on painkillers for the actual incision, which is making that feeling a lot worse. So I've decided to stop taking the pain killers, because that pain is easier to deal with. My stomach is starting to puff up a little more than it was after I delivered. So did any of you find anything that helped? How did you speed up your recovery, or at least help it along? I got myself out of bed on the first day, and started walking....it was horrible, but at the same time, I know that moving helps things along. I think I'm just out of any other options than taking some pills, and walking....so if anyone has any suggestions that worked, please share with me!!!

Thanks again everyone!!! If I've missed replying to anyone, just blame the sleep deprivation ;)

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

@Lisa: I don't remember any pain from gas. Actually I don't remember having any gas at all. I took the painkillers until it didn't hurt anymore. Really, at that moment I wasn't thinking about breastfeeding or if the medication might somehow make it into the milk. All i wanted was that darn pain to go away and so I took my superstrength motrin.

As for dilation. You were induced at around 38 weeks right? Way early...considering that you might have had another four weeks of pregnancy ahead of you. I'd weigh my options in the next pregnancy and see if maybe you can VBAC. The scaretactics that most doctors use just really upset me. I hate when they give you 'your baby might die' speech. I think that with a few more days of pregnancy you would have probably effaced and dilated wonderfully. With an only 60% effaced cervix full dilation is just not possible. The cervix needs to be soft in order to dilate. I guess you were laying in bed too...so gravity didn't help you along either.

Most important thing for you now is to rest and recover. I hope you have a good support system and don't have to take care of your little man all by yourself yet.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Lisa: Many many mom's have the gas problem/stomach pains after the c-section (or any abdominal surgery) and they can really hurt! The one thing I think helps the most is walking, walking walking (I know easier said than done when you just had major surgery and no sleep due to baby). But it really helps. Back in Germany we used to make the section mommies at tea from just caraway seeds, honestly I thought just the smell was gross, but it helped a lot of them to get rid of the gas(whoever was brave enough to drink it). Also you can try to gently massage your stomach clockwise, sleep slightly inclined and flex your legs when you lay down.

I am 100% with you on this decsion to have the c-section. I know there are a lot of people out there who think they know better, and always question their doctors who have way more experience and education. But sadly babies die in utero and during labor, it happens a lot. I've worked in OB for less than 2 years and I have seen it too many times. Especially when you have pre-existing conditions, like GD. Not all doctors out there are bad/uneducated, they just want a healthy baby and a healthy mommy. Sometimes induction works and sometimes it doesn't.

I remember a very sad story when a mom was in labor with twins and it stalled but she refused a c-section, until she was just too weak to do anything, well she ended up in the OR and they were able to get one baby out, but the other one was stuck in her pelvis and died. In the end the one thing that really matters is to have a healthy baby and an healthy mom.

Good luck with your little one, I hope you feel better soon!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Lisa I had a C-section too with my second baby and I thought the recovery totally sucked. I popped those pain pills like they were jelly beans LOL. but I agree, as painful as it is the best thing is to walk, or at least move around as much as you can so the gas bubbles have a chance to work themselves out.

the first week or so is hellish but it does pass, and hey, at least you have the baby to keep your mind occupied!

hes super super cute. I love the pic in the yellow blanket :)

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Lisa,

Nicholas is a graet name! I love traditional name :) I didnt get to keep the passport pic they took :( I'll get to see it on his passport though :) Here is another picture of him - labor day with his dad

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af360/anyadh/IMGP0597.jpg

Going back to work is great - missing Sam but I feel like my life is my life again so that helps a lot and it made me appreciate time with him more. I'm not a baby person so it's hard for me to be with them 24/7 (well can do for a while but not months) even my own, I just dont know what to do with them all the time!

Anyway ladies, Sam found is thumb!! he's been sucking his thumb to sooth himself to sleep lately. I could just put him in his crib and he'll fall asleep by himself with his thumb in his mouth. He slept for 9 hrs last night (woke up a few times but went right back to sleep in a few minutes)

I'm wondering is it prefer for him to use passy or his thumb? I dont really like him using his thumb but it's good since I dont have to wake up to put passy in his mouth during the night if he wakes up. is it hard to get them to stop when they are older?

Edited by anya-D

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

The next Q is for c section moms and it's WAY tmi, but I have to ask:

How did you get over all the air in your body? I find it excruciating. I am on painkillers for the actual incision, which is making that feeling a lot worse. So I've decided to stop taking the pain killers, because that pain is easier to deal with. My stomach is starting to puff up a little more than it was after I delivered. So did any of you find anything that helped? How did you speed up your recovery, or at least help it along? I got myself out of bed on the first day, and started walking....it was horrible, but at the same time, I know that moving helps things along. I think I'm just out of any other options than taking some pills, and walking....so if anyone has any suggestions that worked, please share with me!!!

Thanks again everyone!!! If I've missed replying to anyone, just blame the sleep deprivation ;)

Lisa, naturally, walking is a God-send...just do it. Also, get yourself a wonderful (strong) girdle/bodyshaper - preferably one that comes up to just below your breasts. It will keep you intact and I swear it will help with that feeling of being a little "undone". My MIL swears by it and I do too to get your body back into form. I liked the Simethicone pills - they are made to help with gas and those combined with walking should help to get the air out. Also, along with carraway tea, chamomille is wonderful for the belly as well.

PS - I'm with Stef on this one...your c-section was necessary, don't be fooled. My doctor wanted to induce me because of the diabetes because he wanted to prevent a dead placenta. He said to me - "With your diabetes, you run the risk of your placenta dying. If your placenta dies, that baby will die in an instant."

Like I said before, at the end of the day, I didn't care how Enzo came into this world - he was ok. And as a labor bonus, my hoohaa was intact - something I was dreadfully scared of. :yes: Also, as you may have noticed, when you give birth, no one gives you an award for it. There is no Academy Awards: Best Vaginal Delivery with Third-Degree Tearing. No chick is out there like: Oooooh, I won!!!! As if! If ever there was a "B!tch, please" moment that would be it. I didn't win an award for Best 52-Hour Delivery That Ended in a C-Section. If I had known how bad it was going to be, I would have scheduled my c-section as soon as I found out I was knocked up. Just sayin'. :thumbs: