Nizzy

Baby Corner

2,937 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Anna glad to hear the kids are on the mend. I have wanted SO badly to take the kids to the childrens museum or jumpzone or even the mall to play since Ive been on leave but I just wont risk it. RSV hit so bad here last month and thankfully I think its dwindling away. Funny how I have heard waaay more cases of RSV this year then the flu, yet all people talk about is the damn flu come every October. I didnt even know what RSV was until this year when my friends 1 mo old twins were hospitalized for it. Im not taking my chances with Salma, scares the ####### outta me, so house trapped we stay until I go back to work and this weather gets better.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Anyone who would pester you about aborting a Down's syndrome child is just wrong. :wacko:

As someone of 'advanced maternal age', I found the NT test comforting. Thanks for the link.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anyone who would pester you about aborting a Down's syndrome child is just wrong. :wacko:

As someone of 'advanced maternal age', I found the NT test comforting. Thanks for the link.

I completely agree, that is just wrong.

I don't know if the ultra sound I had with the perinologist was an NT scan, but he was sure thorough. He felt that the result were good enough to not recommend more test. He also said I was no longer considered high risk. It was like a weight off my shoulders.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

so baby Kai is at 9lbs 5oz. When we left the hospital last saturday he was 7lbs 15oz. he grew so much in just 9 days!!

We tried to talk to the ped about the vaccines. She "let the hep B slide" because none of us has Hep B and there is no way that the baby can get it but we had to sign something that said we refused! I'm feeling like a bad parent.

Well with the other vaccines we don't have a choice either we do it or we will have to travel 1.5 hours to our old pedi. The pediatrician we saw today said that they only have the combi vaccines, like 4-6 vaccines in one shot. So we will not be able to give him 2 a month like we did with Ben. She said the only reason they do that is because its more convenient to them with charting and to make sure they don't forget about a vaccince, becasue some parents don't regularly take their kids for their well baby visits. That's why they will have all babies strictly and fully vaccinated by 6 months.

urk. I am dreading the 1.5 hour drive to the old pediatrician with a sick baby but I don't think we will ever have a similar relationship with this pediatrician office as we did with Ben's. I am contemplating just to suck it up and to go with their vaccine schedule just because they are more convenient but I already hate the way they talk to parents. I think there will just be more issues down the road. vent end.

Other than that the little man is thriving and doing good! I can't believe he is 11 days old today!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

Yay for Kai! Sounds like he is eating a ton! Thats great! Sorry to hear about the pediatrician problems. Hope you get it resolved either way.

So Zaid knew Salma had a doctors appointment today and he was absolutely devastated. He cried and begged me not to take her. It was so sad but sweet and funny. He REALLY loves his baby sister. When I got home with her he ran to make sure she was in her carseat and commented that "Shes so cute" and "I love my baby sister"

Salma got her 2nd hep b and her 1 month stats are 10lbs8ozs and 23.5 inches long. Doctor says im doing a great job and that shes perfect. DUH we already knew that!

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hope all the babies are feeling better! It has been a really tough winter sickness wise. I'm glad it's coming to an end

Kel, that's great about Salma. did you ever hear back from hr on the room thing? Did you see the info I posted?

Saludos,

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Timeline

Yes, I did Caro thanks. I put my foot down and got it all figured out.

I think I have a clogged duct. My left ####### on the underside hurts to touch :( I just pumped and had normal output and I dont feel a lump where the pain is but i dont know what else could be causing it...I wasnt able to pump enough today at all because hubby is gone and Salma had a bad day. I only had 5 pumps instead of the normal 8. Suggestions before this gets worse ??

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Yes, I did Caro thanks. I put my foot down and got it all figured out.

I think I have a clogged duct. My left ####### on the underside hurts to touch :( I just pumped and had normal output and I dont feel a lump where the pain is but i dont know what else could be causing it...I wasnt able to pump enough today at all because hubby is gone and Salma had a bad day. I only had 5 pumps instead of the normal 8. Suggestions before this gets worse ??

Hi Kel: I had a clogged duct but mine was accompanied with flu like symptoms so I had to see my doctor and was put on antibiotics. I went to the webpage staashi suggested and it's exactly what my doc told me to do. Although the rest part is a bit absurd, especially when you're dealing with a newborn. I hope you feel better.

Timeline

Kel could it be just engorged because you didn't pump as much? keep pumping often AND hand express especially on that spot where it hurts. Just massage it towards your nipple and see if you can get it to losen. Also don't wear tight bras, they can cause you a lot of pain&trouble.

Nizzy: wow you sure you didn't have mastitis? I had to go down to the ER a few weeks ago the doc wasn't sure if that woman had mastitis or a plugged duct, so they already did a CAT scan, gave her morphine (!!!) and started iv rocephin AB and it turned out all she needed was a good pump to clear the duct. She didn't have a temp or felt sick, just a painful lump :wacko: sucked for her because now she had to send the hubby buy formula and a breast pump because of all the meds she had to pump&dump for 24hours. She had been bf for 8 months and they went to a wedding so she was wearing a real tight bra and didn't nurse the baby as much and voila they had to leave the wedding early and head to the ER because she was in so much pain.

OMG I really forgot how painful and inconvenient bf can be in the first weeks in so many aspects! I feel like a dairy cow and the baby just feeds all the time! But he's growing like a weed and starting to be more awake and alert, especially around 2am when you'd rather sleep. :P

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Timeline

The pain is really only sensitive to touch so idk whats going on. Ive been pumping nonstop today and doing heat compresses. I will see if its better or worse tomorrow.

Today is ending day 4 without hubby and idk if im just super sad and emotional about him being gone or if im having some PPD. I was absolutely 100% the past 2 weeks or so so idk what is going on. I keep crying anytime I think about the fact that I am alone for the next 5 days still. Zaid isnt doing well without his daddy and it truly makes my heart break. Its so cold here and Im confined to the house. Salma is eating NONSTOP the past 2 days so ive had to supplement formula which also makes me sad. Im stopping the fenugreek because both me and the baby have had severe diarreah (tmi i know) since I started it and I couldnt see her miserable like that. Shes also been spitting up alot. Not sure if it was from the fenugreek but I figure ill stop it for a few days an reevaluate.

Im going back to work on the 28th now instead of the 23rd. 5 extra days with the kids...ill take it.

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Kel could it be just engorged because you didn't pump as much? keep pumping often AND hand express especially on that spot where it hurts. Just massage it towards your nipple and see if you can get it to losen. Also don't wear tight bras, they can cause you a lot of pain&trouble.

Nizzy: wow you sure you didn't have mastitis? I had to go down to the ER a few weeks ago the doc wasn't sure if that woman had mastitis or a plugged duct, so they already did a CAT scan, gave her morphine (!!!) and started iv rocephin AB and it turned out all she needed was a good pump to clear the duct. She didn't have a temp or felt sick, just a painful lump :wacko: sucked for her because now she had to send the hubby buy formula and a breast pump because of all the meds she had to pump&dump for 24hours. She had been bf for 8 months and they went to a wedding so she was wearing a real tight bra and didn't nurse the baby as much and voila they had to leave the wedding early and head to the ER because she was in so much pain.

OMG I really forgot how painful and inconvenient bf can be in the first weeks in so many aspects! I feel like a dairy cow and the baby just feeds all the time! But he's growing like a weed and starting to be more awake and alert, especially around 2am when you'd rather sleep. :P

Oh that's what I meant...hehe...I thought it was a plugged duct but the doc diagnosed it as mastitis. Sorry, I'm feeling under the weather and have a foggy brain...

Timeline

wow so we are officially no longer pampers customers! Kai got a little redness 2 days ago, didn't think much of it, put diaper cream on and changed him more often. Then yesterday he started to get blisters on his butt and everywhere the diaper touched his skin, even on his back and up to the belly button he was fire-red! He looked like he got burned and it hurts him a lot!! I bought the 7th generation diapers and use cloth wipes and some natural diaper cream and so far it didn't get worse but not much better either. But the redness on his back and belly is gone, the blisters are still there! It looks like a chemical burn, like someone poured acid on him. We have always used pampers on Ben and never had issues although I remember discussing that here before. My poor little boy, he is crying all the time esp during the diaper changes, I am so mad at myself for not doing the cloth diapers/7th generation already but we got thousands of pampers diapers for the baby shower.

Kelly: sorry you're not feeling good, I think that's normal. I would be depressed too if the hubby was gone that long!! But in the big picture 5 days will fly by. For me it's a nightmare when he can't come home for 1 night and then hast to go right back to work. He works a lot of mandatory ovetime, sometimes up to 80 hours per week. But I do see him 2 days a week when he is off and we talk all the time on the phone. Can you let Zaid talk to his Daddy on the phone?

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As for Pampers, it depends on the brand. I have used Baby Dry since Hana's horrible dermatitis at 4 months. We have had no problems. They are using the dry max in Swaddlers and Cruisers and parents have had horrible times with that. I tried recently a generic brand on my two. Zak started to have issues after 2 generic diapers. So... Pampers will remain until they get potty trained.

We are taking the duo to Disney this weekend. DH and I are soooooo excited!

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png