Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I wasn't cut, I ripped. I had insane back labour and I did it without drugs... its probably the main reason I only have one child. They say you forget the pain, it's been 11 years and I havent forgot.

That happened to my girl friend, too. She had everything planned out from when to conceive to what method to use when delivering. Unfortunately, she had back labor and crawled from admissions to her delivery room - she was in that much pain. And they couldn't drug her up in time so she delivered au naturel, much to her dismay. Poor woman.

No worries, the nurses will drug you up as soon as time is right! :thumbs:

I guess I shouldn't mention the bowl of olive oil...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah, I am always excited on Wed mornings to see what the new ticker says! Last week's was something about Mommy's breasts are going to rival Pamela Anderson's. The week before was "I already have more brain cells than Paris Hilton!" :P

Oh, and I did do my cardio y-day.

You're a better person than me. This morning, in attempt to get some exercise in, I told Dad I was going to walk to the Skytrain this morning (10 minute walk). Then I noticed I forgot my umbrella, ran to my room to get it, came back to see Dad in his coat, shoes and car keys in hand, insisting he give me a ride. Gawd, I'm so out of shape.

But the thing is... once it's over and the baby is out the pain is miraculously gone.

Then they just become pains in the butts for life...kidding.. sorta. :P

:lol:

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

This topic has terrified me.

I'm not pregnant, but I might be this year, and... OMG. I'm a tiny thing, and my SIL swears I won't be able to handle labour (after she gave birth to my nephew). :(

Edited by Gemmie

I've got pretty decent sized hips, so I should be okay.

I can't see myself pregnant though, I feel too small and young for it :lol:

I don't see kids in our future till next year anyway.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline
This topic has terrified me.

I'm not pregnant, but I might be this year, and... OMG. I'm a tiny thing, and my SIL swears I won't be able to handle labour (after she gave birth to my nephew). :(

Unless you are literally a 'little person' - then it should be just fine (i'm not trying to be funny btw)

Like sprailenes said - it's different for everyone. My Sister is very small, she has two children. Regardless of your size, I guarantee you the child will be smaller than you are!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Unless you are literally a 'little person' - then it should be just fine (i'm not trying to be funny btw)

Like sprailenes said - it's different for everyone. My Sister is very small, she has two children. Regardless of your size, I guarantee you the child will be smaller than you are!

:lol:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Timeline

agree.even the little people give birth to several kids...dont u see them on the TV all the time ;like little couple,little family realty shows etc...

this topic made me little scared too with talking about 14 lb of babies :blink: ....i have six months to go....hopefully ,I will be ok by then.....

I-130 Journey

04-18-09 - I-130 sent USPS Priority to Chicago Lockbox

04-24-09 - I-130 received by USCS and the first touch

04-27-09 - I-130 NOA1 (California Service Center)

04-27-09 - Check Cashed

08-13-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 e-mail

08-17-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

NVC Journey

08-17-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

09-08-09 - NVC sent the first mail to the petitioner

09-08-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

09-08-09 - E-mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

09-10-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

09-10-09 - IV Bill Generated

09-11-09 - Paid IV Bill

09-11-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032(received an e-mail)

09-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

09-15-09 - I-864 received at NVC

09-16-09 - Mailed IV Package(DS-230)

09-17-09 - DS-230 package delivered to NVC(confirmed via fed-ex)

09-21-09 - NVC received the DS-230

09-23-09 - NVC sent an e-mail asking for DS-230 package

09-24-09 - NVC confirmed that the DS-230 package received

09-26-09 - Login Failed!!!

09-28-09 - Case Completed at NVC --------------------------------------------------NVC stage is completed in 38 days

01-27-10 - Medical

02-05-10 - Interview Date

04-14-10 - POE

Done with USCIS until Apr 14,2012 (Removal of Conditions)

Timeline
agree.even the little people give birth to several kids...dont u see them on the TV all the time ;like little couple,little family realty shows etc...

this topic made me little scared too with talking about 14 lb of babies :blink: ....i have six months to go....hopefully ,I will be ok by then.....

Yeah, I just meant some have complications, different kettle of fish.

Like the little couple who probably now won't have children biologically (at least the last time I saw the show - while they seem to be very nice, that show is a big yawn for me)

Um, does anyone have happy happy joy joy stories about childbirth? This would be a really good time for them! :blink:

Edited by ValerieA

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a good childbirth story :) - kind of, hehehe. A good friend of mine, average size woman, was pregnant. She kept hearing all of these stories about how hard labour would be and how much it would really hurt and that it would last a long time so she would have plenty of time to get to the hospital. Well, one morning her husband had left for work and she started to feel a little crampy. It was close to her time of delivery (about a week early) so she wasn't too worried. The cramps would come and go and she called her doctor. He listened to her description and the timing and said it could be the beginning of labour but not to worry unless they got stronger. So she continued around the house and not worrying. Literally about 2 hours later she said she felt the need to push - the cramps were a bit stronger but not that strong - and she thought it was time to get to the hospital. She called her husband and when they got home they left for the hospital. It had been about 5 hours since the cramping had started. They get to the hospital and observe her and say, well, you probably have a number of hours to go. She said 'I don't think so!" and literally the baby was delivered in the hallway of the emergency admissions a few minutes later. Mother and daughter were perfectly fine.

Her second child things started the same way but she figured it would be a quick delivery as well, so about 2 hours after the cramping started her husband drove her to the hospital. They didn't make it - he had to pull over on the way and she delivered her 2nd daughter in the car. They then continued to the hospital where mother and daughter were admitted, both doing well.

In both cases she said the pain really wasn't bad - not nearly as bad as her menstrual cramps had been - and both deliveries were very quick and both babies were fine and healthy.

Ok - a funny story about another friend of mine. She was due in January and had scheduled a home birth with a mid-wife. Well, the weekend she was due to give birth Ontario experienced one of those horrible blizzards where buckets of snow fall all at once and everything is closed. They lived in Belleville at the time. She prayed that she wouldn't go into delivery during the storm - but, of course, she did! She called the midwife who lived about 40 minutes away without the weather and the midwife said there was no way she would be able to make it. While they had planned on a home birth she suggested that my friend try to get to the hospital just to be on the safe side. My friend's house was completely snowbound - there was no way their car could make it out of the driveway let alone onto the street. They called the ambulance - and it was the same thing - the ambulance couldn't make it through the snow covered streets. So, they called a neighbour who had a snowmobile! Yep, she rode on the back of a snowmobile - in labour - about 20 minutes to the hospital where within 3 hours her daughter was born.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Um, does anyone have happy happy joy joy stories about childbirth? This would be a really good time for them! :blink:

No, but if I hear of any i'll be sure to post them!

:lol: Kathryn, good stories!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I screamed and thrashed like a wild woman during labour, ... at the time I didn't care but then thinking about it afterward I was slightly embarrassed because the room was full of people because of the premature labour etc.. I know they probably see that a lot but I was still embarrassed.. oh and my water broke all over my doctor.. luckily she was wearing a mask ...lol

oh and my hubby was so sweet the whole time I was screaming and thrashing he just stood beside me touching my arm....

I also wanted to add that unless you are dead set on going the natural route, my vote is for drugs...

Edited by Marilyn.
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.