Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So I'm looking at the instructions for gathering documents:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0001ETOC.asp#CIT0001E4

Where does it ask for an authorized person for the documents? NOWHERE THAT'S WHERE.

*shakes fist* :protest::protest::protest::protest:

Oh wait...

Certified copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

• “I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
  • the name of the original document,
  • the date of the certification,
  • his or her name,
  • his or her official position or title, and
  • his or her signature.
Who can certify copies?

Persons authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:

• a commissioner of oaths authorized to certify documents
  • a notary public
  • a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:

• a judge
  • a magistrate
  • a notary public
  • an officer of a court of justice
  • a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

Family members may not certify copies of your documents.

Seriously, I am supposed to hunt down a judge or something for certify my daughter's passport is really hers?

*head on desk*

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Update....soooo apparently the Fedex store has a notary public in town. I suppose I'll go check it out next week and grit my teeth when I hear the cost. I'm guessing to be safe they'll have to certify several things - her passport and my birth certificate photocopy at least. Meh!

VeeNDee

Timeline

Good luck!

I know the banks around here also have a notary. I still haven't go around to doing this for Alexis and she is now 3, now we need to do it for two. I blame my husband for dragging his feet, as last year we were in Canada and got her pictures taken there so they would be the right size.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

Notary public at UPS etc onlly costs 1$ per signature per item. I haven't gotten around to doing it yet, Just psend 22k in bills got a 2nd mortgage to pay off the hospital bills and cc bills we racked up for baby stuff :(

waiting to hear how much David's school is going to cost and the electric panel replacement is before i apply for her citizenship and my naturalization as well. 25k loan apparently was NOT enough to pay off all the cc's etc le sigh. :(

So I'm looking at the instructions for gathering documents:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0001ETOC.asp#CIT0001E4

Where does it ask for an authorized person for the documents? NOWHERE THAT'S WHERE.

*shakes fist* :protest::protest::protest::protest:

Oh wait...

Seriously, I am supposed to hunt down a judge or something for certify my daughter's passport is really hers?

*head on desk*

HWDWm6.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my munchkin had her 12 month appointment on Monday. She weighs 24 lbs and is 31" tall. She has come a long way from being 5.8lbs and 18" long when she was born..

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Caihla has been teething for a month now. and its driving us nuts. one top tooth has come out, the other seems stuck up in her gums, you can see a corner of it but that's it..no movement. so far all her teeth are crooked as well.

She has been mega crabby, and holy cow talk about temper tantrums..i complained to the pediatrician at 6 months about these . Since then she has now given me a nose bleed, bruises, scratches, and bite marks. I swear people are going to think my husband beats me at this rate. I have no idea what to do about it. Shes a kung foo biting screaming yelling machine. She even started throwing things. I"m at a loss as to what to do. yelling no at her doesn't work, telling her no ouchie, no hitting, no biting, don't hurt mommy, etc. nothing works.

i'm in tears every day cuz of it. I feel like my daughter hates me. just trying to feed her is a trial in frustration. I was abused as a child and seeing my child abuse me like this just makes me feel awful. My husband doesn't understand why i'm so upset either :(

She also has stopped trying to talk or so it seems. She used to say bah bah dada mama and like sounds and other baby talk works. Now..she doesn't even try, she just screams and yells and cries. I'm worried about her development. She wont wave, or point yet either. She doesn't understand anything i say to her like give mama the ball or anything yet. I keep trying to read to her, and play with her with colours and shapes etc, but all she wants to do with her toys is eat them.

I'm starting to feel like a failure as a mother. She will be a year next Saturday.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Caihla has been teething for a month now. and its driving us nuts. one top tooth has come out, the other seems stuck up in her gums, you can see a corner of it but that's it..no movement. so far all her teeth are crooked as well.

She has been mega crabby, and holy cow talk about temper tantrums..i complained to the pediatrician at 6 months about these . Since then she has now given me a nose bleed, bruises, scratches, and bite marks. I swear people are going to think my husband beats me at this rate. I have no idea what to do about it. Shes a kung foo biting screaming yelling machine. She even started throwing things. I"m at a loss as to what to do. yelling no at her doesn't work, telling her no ouchie, no hitting, no biting, don't hurt mommy, etc. nothing works.

i'm in tears every day cuz of it. I feel like my daughter hates me. just trying to feed her is a trial in frustration. I was abused as a child and seeing my child abuse me like this just makes me feel awful. My husband doesn't understand why i'm so upset either :(

She also has stopped trying to talk or so it seems. She used to say bah bah dada mama and like sounds and other baby talk works. Now..she doesn't even try, she just screams and yells and cries. I'm worried about her development. She wont wave, or point yet either. She doesn't understand anything i say to her like give mama the ball or anything yet. I keep trying to read to her, and play with her with colours and shapes etc, but all she wants to do with her toys is eat them.

I'm starting to feel like a failure as a mother. She will be a year next Saturday.

Kimbear you are not a failure, you are a great mom.

Have you stopped the zantac? For some babies they need it longer if she is in pain you will have a much crabbier baby. When they learn to crawl then walk that at times triggers it again.

Now for the behaviour, she does not hate you. She hasn't learned how to hate just as she hasn't learned that her actions hurt you. All you can do is keep your cool take her hand and say/tell her soft touches. Temper tantrums can be pretty bad at this age, she is frustrated because she is figuring out things but can't express it. Any mom can relate to it, if they don't they are in denial :P

I can understand your frustrations with your history of abuse, please don't be hard on yourself she isn't trying to be mean and loves you a lot.

Now with her words that she stopped saying did she learn anything new? Sometimes when they learn something new the old stuff takes a back seat. Eating her toys is perfectly normal, Alexis at 3 will still put things in her mouth. Keep trying but don't stress about it. Have you had any breaks away from Caihla? You need a break to recharge. Any mommy groups around you?

For the teething I heard many moms swear by the amber teething necklaces. I can find out what ones are the good ones as they do sell knockoffs.

What does your gut tell you?

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hmhm, I heard, and I don't know how accurate that is, but that usually a baby will only have enough 'energy' to really learn to do one thing at a time. Talk, walk or teeth. So maybe since her teeth are coming in, learning to talk is taking the back seat?

I'd still check with the pediatrician to make sure there's nothing more to it though. But I'm sure she doesn't hate you. She just doesn't realize what she's doing.

K1 Journey AOS Journey

I-129f sent - 2013/02/27 I-485 sent - 2013/12/17

NOA1 - 2013/03/05 NOA- 2013/12/24

NOA2 -2013/07/09 (126 days (4 months and 4 days) from NoA1) Biometrics- 2014/01/22 at Metairie, LA

Packet 3 mailed - 2013/08/02 NOA - Approved!!! 2014/08/28

Packet 4 received - 2013/08/12

Interview scheduled -2013/09/11

POE - 2013/09/20 (By car at Highgate/Vermont)

Timeline

Hugs, hang in there. Sounds like a really rough time for you!! As far as words I know Lily used to say Dada but hasn't for over a month or two now but I know she knew it in the past... Mama is pretty sketchy right now too. She spent a week saying hi to us all the time and this week hasn't said it once. I feel like they pick up a skill, practice it and then put it on the backburner and move on to something else!!

I'm not sure what the answer is for her being very physically demanding. Someone told me that when you tell a child 'no hitting' or 'don't hit' all they hear is the word 'hit' and the negative is hard for them to grasp vocabulary wise. The idea they suggested was to say 'be gentle' or 'careful' or some kind of a positive word. We're working on it with Lily still - she likes to pinch me a lot but I think it's her way of occupying herself while nursing so I try to put something in her hand to play with instead and it works most of the time, although not guaranteed.

Hang in there Kimbear...one day at a time!

VeeNDee

Timeline

We survived Lily's first birthday party! It was pumpkin themed since she was born in October. We also went to a pumpkin patch to get some pictures which we are hopefully getting back in a week or two. It was a lot of fun to get together with both sides of the family and one or two friends - thankfully not too big a group since it was a lot of work as it was!! Whew, kids parties are harder than I realized. And she isn't even old enough to know yet!

In other exciting news, Lily took her first two steps today!!!!! I'm not sure if she really realized what she was doing but she was holding out a toy to her Dada and it was just a little out of reach so she let go of my knee and took a step toward him. Of course after that she promptly went to crawl the rest of the way but it happened twice so I'm super excited.

Long story short - I need to go buy some shoes. All she has are socks. Haha.

VeeNDee

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Our little pumpkin!

pumpkinpicture.jpg

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

Timeline

So I went to UPS this week and got all the photocopies notarized. They charged $10 a notarization, and I got 3 (Her passport, my birth certificate and her health card just in case as an alternate ID). Because I sent it off awhile ago and then procrastinated sending it again I think my photos are about 6 months old which is the limit - which means I need to go and get more taken. Thankfully we're going up to Canada this month so I should be able to fit it in. Then I'll mail it back off again when we get back.

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.