qhayder

Interview Completed- sad news :(

20 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So I just got back from the interview in Islamabad with my hubby- the interviewer was really nice but unfortunately, in the end she said all our docs are complete but the case needs further processing. She estimated 1-3 months and asked if I need the passport back- I left it there in the hopes that it might move things along faster. My poor hubby was in tears afterwards and I feel so horrible because he was really looking forward to leaving asap. We have a lot of stuff going on at his placce and we live with his entire family so things have been rough and we were really counting on this.

Please everyone keep us in your prayers. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Being put in AP is devastating, but for you country it is very common. Join the AP tracker for support and trends, which are hard to track since there are not much trends.

Reassure your hubby that this is common and bears no burden to his interview. It was going to happen no matter how he answered the questions.

AP is averaging about 4-8 months.

So I just got back from the interview in Islamabad with my hubby- the interviewer was really nice but unfortunately, in the end she said all our docs are complete but the case needs further processing. She estimated 1-3 months and asked if I need the passport back- I left it there in the hopes that it might move things along faster. My poor hubby was in tears afterwards and I feel so horrible because he was really looking forward to leaving asap. We have a lot of stuff going on at his placce and we live with his entire family so things have been rough and we were really counting on this.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Ghayder I am so sorry to hear about the bad news. My husband and I also were denied visa in Algeria yesterday. I am a nervous wreck, sick to my stomache, cannot sleep and keep crying. It is aweful I know. They told him 2 months for ap but I have people on here telling me that it took them 15 months and that was considered fast. It's absolutely devistating. I can't imagine being without my husband another year and a half. I have not seen him in 9 months. Stay strong and I will pray for you too. God Bless.

hi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

ya allah, i'm so sorry for that, just keep beeing optimist inshallah u'll get good news soon, that allah help u, ameen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hopefully the ap will go fast :yes: are you going to stay in pakistan for a while?

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know that AP is a normal thing for MENA countries, but it is still hard. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. I keep telling myself that even though just getting to the interview is long, the longest part will be the waiting AFTER the interview!! Good luck and stay strong! :thumbs:

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

OH I am really sorry to hear this sister

but INSHALLAH ur AP will be over soon

u r in my prayers

USCIS JOURNEY

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2009-03-21

I-130 Sent : 2009-05-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-06-03

I-130 Approved : 2009-08-25 ALHAMDULILLAH ALLAH IS GREATEST

I-130 NOA2 hard copy: 2009-08-29

NVC JOURNEY

NVC Received/case number assigned : 2009-09-04

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-09-11

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-11 (online)

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-14

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-15

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-12 (by email)

DS-3032 accepted : 2009-09-26

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-26

Receive Instruction Package : 2009-09-29

Login Failed : 2009-10-26

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-27

NVC Left : 2009-10-28

Interview date : 2009-12-16 APPROVED ALHAMDULILLAH

Visa Received : 2009-12-24

Port of Entry (Houston):2010-01-28 VerySmooth ALHAMDULILLAH

Welcome notice arrived:2010-02-16

Green Card Arrived : 2010-02-25

Removal of Conditions

I-751 Package sent to VSC : 2011-12-03

NOA1 received : 2011-12-23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

INSHALLAH my Sister your husband will get his visa. I tell you there is no feeling like it in the world when I read that my MENA Family has gotten their visa's. I will keep you in my prayers.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and prayers- I really appreciate it. There is no greater gift in the world than the prayer of a stranger. I came to Pakistan for the interview and now am planning on staying with him so that we can get through this together- the stress alone otherwise would just be harder on the relationship. All it comes down to is staying strong now and praying. It still stinks majorly!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm so sorry, ghayder. Maybe it won't be that long.

Married 2008

-------------------------------------------------------------------

5/21/09 - filed I-130

12/7/09 - Interview (denied for 28 yr old CIMT); filed waiver same day

6/18/10 - I-601 Waiver Denied, added misrep for checking wrong box on landing card (lifetime ban)

7/16/10 - AAO Appeal filed.

8/31/12 - AAO appeal sustained (THANK YOU, GOD FOR YOUR MERCY)

10/8/12 - USCIS sent file to Consulate

11/28/12 - Visa in hand

12/10/12 - HERE AT LAST! (ALL GLORY TO GOD!)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.