thairoller

Please help me understand my "non-descript" RFE.

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Hello,

I received my RFE today. I don't understand what information I am missing. Is it really asking for passport photos? 2x2 passport photos where submitted. It also mentions translating foreign documents, which i did as well.

I'm most confused by the first item. Does this mean i must submit a complete copy of my original submission along with what is missing in this rfe? What am i missing? This all just seems like protocol for how to submit missing items, but i don't see anything specific here.

Thanks!

-dan

Here is the rfe:

rfet.jpg

Where is page one of the RFE?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Hello,

I received my RFE today. I don't understand what information I am missing. Is it really asking for passport photos? 2x2 passport photos where submitted. It also mentions translating foreign documents, which i did as well.

I'm most confused by the first item. Does this mean i must submit a complete copy of my original submission along with what is missing in this rfe? What am i missing? This all just seems like protocol for how to submit missing items, but i don't see anything specific here.

Thanks!

-dan

Here is the rfe:

rfet.jpg

Q for Gary - would this be the time to contact them, assuming

your photos were good; maybe the number of photos was short by one

as they say to submit one for each of you.

Also, they have been known to lose/damage your stuff, it's up to you to fill in the gaps.

=>> and this is an easy one to comply with.

Edited by thongd4me

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Thanks all for the quick replies.

All my documents are certified true copies from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Thailand.

There was no check list only what is supplied in the screen shot (minus my case number). Page 1 was just the blue I-797E form.

After my hyperventilating eased up a bit, i think i agree with Mina's Wife. I submitted passport photos but i guess they didn't see them or like them.

So, I should just submit new photos and the accompanied I-797E form? Or do i need to submit a copy of my original I-128F submission as well?

Thanks again everyone!

-dan

what does page 1 say?

No, the blue sheet says "Return this notice on TOP of the requested information listed on the attached sheet". My screen shot.

-dan

I thought the 'list' was on page 1 ? Does page 1 ask for anything?

Did you put your photo in a plastic baggy and staple it on a plain white piece of paper? If not, the photos probably got detached from the case and lost.

At least what they are asking for is easy enough!!

Good Luck with the rest of your journey!

Malarie

** The black ribbon I display in my display is for my son in law who was killed in Afganistan November 23,2009 **

Hello,

Thanks!

-dan

Here is the rfe:

rfet.jpg

We ask again - WHERE IS PAGE 1??

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Exactly.. not sure why this is so difficult... :blink:

Yes, it's difficult to give definitive answers without complete information. From what we see, it looks like the passport style photo's got lost as the staff was building the file. I always suggest putting each photo in its own sandwich bag and stapling the bag to a full sheet of paper. This keeps them from falling out and getting lost.

For RFE's you do exactly as instructed. So far, we don't see the full set of instructions.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Yes, it's difficult to give definitive answers without complete information. From what we see, it looks like the passport style photo's got lost as the staff was building the file. I always suggest putting each photo in its own sandwich bag and stapling the bag to a full sheet of paper. This keeps them from falling out and getting lost.

For RFE's you do exactly as instructed. So far, we don't see the full set of instructions.

Op posted details about 'page 1':

There was no check list only what is supplied in the screen shot (minus my case number). Page 1 was just the blue I-797E form.

...the blue sheet says "Return this notice on TOP of the requested information listed on the attached sheet". My screen shot.

Edited by Minya's wife
funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Page one is irrelevant. It is the generic blue form that asks me to comply with the items listed on page 2. I'm not posting it. It is pretty clear that my RFE is due to issues with my passport photos. This is how i submitted them.

2x2 from a studio

Names printed on the back.

enclosed in a plastic bag (thin baseball card style)

Name printed on bag.

Bag stapled to white 8.5x11 piece of paper.

Name printed on paper.

Paper placed behind the corresponding G-325a

One possible issue may be that i printed my name on the back in fine tip Sharpie and my financée wrote in pencil. Last night she was saying that i should have done mine in pencil. Does that make a difference? The Photo Guide doesn't say one way or the other. I'm leaning towards pen.

I think i did this part pretty much to the letter. Is it a pen/pencil thing? What do you recommend?

thanks again everyone.

-dan

If you say so! Maybe they're changing how they've always done things.

I sincerely doubt that pencil on the back of one photo and a Sharpie on the back of another has anything to do with it. Most likely, they've just lost what you sent (or didn't like the format in which you sent it).

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Page one is irrelevant. It is the generic blue form that asks me to comply with the items listed on page 2. I'm not posting it. It is pretty clear that my RFE is due to issues with my passport photos. This is how i submitted them.

2x2 from a studio

Names printed on the back.

enclosed in a plastic bag (thin baseball card style)

Name printed on bag.

Bag stapled to white 8.5x11 piece of paper.

Name printed on paper.

Paper placed behind the corresponding G-325a

One possible issue may be that i printed my name on the back in fine tip Sharpie and my financée wrote in pencil. Last night she was saying that i should have done mine in pencil. Does that make a difference? The Photo Guide doesn't say one way or the other. I'm leaning towards pen.

I think i did this part pretty much to the letter. Is it a pen/pencil thing? What do you recommend?

thanks again everyone.

-dan

Perhaps the names smudged during delivery? I tried using a sharpie marker on the back of the passport photos I submitted but it smeared on the glossy finish of the photo paper, and was illegible. I took a ballpoint pen and lightly wrote the names to not make any imprints on the photos.

If you had the bag marked with your names and the paper the bag was stapled to marked with your names I would think the adjudicator would be able to figure it out. But then again if the names were not legible on the photos themselves maybe it was enough to issue a RFE.

I would just send everything they ask for again. I've seen this before on VJ where someone was confused because the USCIS asked for docs that were already submitted.

Keep us posted.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yeah, I don't think pen/pencil is much of an issue.

But you are right, maybe the sharpie caused some smudging. I'll be the first to admit that my penmanship is terrible. A third grader with ADD most likely writes better than i do. I'll send everything again and be *extra* *extra* careful. Like have somebody else write it for me... :blush:

Thanks all!

-dan

Perhaps the names smudged during delivery? I tried using a sharpie marker on the back of the passport photos I submitted but it smeared on the glossy finish of the photo paper, and was illegible. I took a ballpoint pen and lightly wrote the names to not make any imprints on the photos.

If you had the bag marked with your names and the paper the bag was stapled to marked with your names I would think the adjudicator would be able to figure it out. But then again if the names were not legible on the photos themselves maybe it was enough to issue a RFE.

I would just send everything they ask for again. I've seen this before on VJ where someone was confused because the USCIS asked for docs that were already submitted.

Keep us posted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You ask for help, many offer help.

Some ask to see all the parts of the RFE (very typical request) so that even better information may be offered and you choose not to.

Best of luck in your journey.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Last week I submitted my passport photos again, I recieved my NOA2 yesterday. Thanks again everyone!

:thumbs:

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.