thairoller

Please help me understand my "non-descript" RFE.

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello,

I received my RFE today. I don't understand what information I am missing. Is it really asking for passport photos? 2x2 passport photos where submitted. It also mentions translating foreign documents, which i did as well.

I'm most confused by the first item. Does this mean i must submit a complete copy of my original submission along with what is missing in this rfe? What am i missing? This all just seems like protocol for how to submit missing items, but i don't see anything specific here.

Thanks!

-dan

Here is the rfe:

rfet.jpg

post-70261-1257822912_thumb.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

With your translated documents did you provide the original in whatever language, the translation and the certification of the accuracy of the translation and that the translator is qualified ? If the certification is part of the translated document is is clear.

The pictures you submitted of each of you . 2x2, white background, front facing , head shot with head being about 70% of the photo area, non smiling, no head wear, no glasses.

Did you not provide some required document a birth certificate ? Divorce copies ? Did you send any affidavits ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

I don't understand what information I am missing.

There's usually some sort of check-list on the RFE notice - what you did a screen-shot of is not (that I can see) what they're asking for.

What is checked off on the checklist of items?

The item the RFE is requesting are the passport style photographs. Did you submit one each for both you and your fiance(e)? I would just (re)send them what they're requesting even if you've already provided it.

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

what does page 1 say?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

The item the RFE is requesting are the passport style photographs. Did you submit one each for both you and your fiance(e)? I would just (re)send them what they're requesting even if you've already provided it.

I believe this is the correct answer. Your photos didn't come up to snuff with the criteria for valid passport photos.

The 3 paragraphs with the asterisks were just general guidelines/instructions for the petitioner to reply to an RFE requiring submission of document(s).

The request for photos below the line just means they want valid passport photos & that is all.

I didn't get any RFEs, but that's how I would interpret this one.

02/2003 - Met

08/24/09 I-129F; 09/02 NOA1; 10/14 NOA2; 11/24 interview; 11/30 K-1 VISA (92 d); 12/29 POE 12/31/09 Marriage

03/29/-04/06/10 - AOS sent/rcd; 04/13 NOA1; AOS 2 NBC

04/14 $1010 cashed; 04/19 NOA1

04/28 Biom.

06/16 EAD/AP

06/24 Infops; AP mail

06/28 EAD mail; travel 2 BKK; return 07/17

07/20/10 interview, 4d. b4 I-129F anniv. APPROVAL!*

08/02/10 GC

08/09/10 SSN

2012-05-16 Lifting Cond. - I-751 sent

2012-06-27 Biom,

2013-01-10 7 Mo, 2 Wks. & 5 days - 10 Yr. PR Card (no interview)

*2013-04-22 Apply for citizenship (if she desires at that time) 90 days prior to 3yr anniversary of P. Residence

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I thought the 'list' was on page 1 ? Does page 1 ask for anything?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks all for the quick replies.

All my documents are certified true copies from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Thailand.

There was no check list only what is supplied in the screen shot (minus my case number). Page 1 was just the blue I-797E form.

After my hyperventilating eased up a bit, i think i agree with Mina's Wife. I submitted passport photos but i guess they didn't see them or like them.

So, I should just submit new photos and the accompanied I-797E form? Or do i need to submit a copy of my original I-128F submission as well?

Thanks again everyone!

-dan

what does page 1 say?

No, the blue sheet says "Return this notice on TOP of the requested information listed on the attached sheet". My screen shot.

-dan

I thought the 'list' was on page 1 ? Does page 1 ask for anything?

Timeline

Thanks Paul! Luck you! :)

-dan

I believe this is the correct answer. Your photos didn't come up to snuff with the criteria for valid passport photos.

The 3 paragraphs with the asterisks were just general guidelines/instructions for the petitioner to reply to an RFE requiring submission of document(s).

The request for photos below the line just means they want valid passport photos & that is all.

I didn't get any RFEs, but that's how I would interpret this one.

All my documents are certified true copies from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Thailand.

There was no check list only what is supplied in the screen shot (minus my case number). Page 1 was just the blue I-797E form.

After my hyperventilating eased up a bit, i think i agree with Mina's Wife. I submitted passport photos but i guess they didn't see them or like them.

So, I should just submit new photos and the accompanied I-797E form? Or do i need to submit a copy of my original I-128F submission as well?

Thanks again everyone!

-dan

what does page 1 say?

No, the blue sheet says "Return this notice on TOP of the requested information listed on the attached sheet". My screen shot.

-dan

You answered your own question. ;)

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

did you submit photos of the both of you?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Yes, i sent a photo of the both of us. Really, i think the CA center is sandbagging. I'm a professional photographer by trade and i understood what was required for a photo submission. When i was first notified about about my RFE ,i contacted another member with a similar timeline to see if he had any action. At the time he didn't, but soon received an RFE about a document that was included in his original submission. A relatively simple one at that...

I'm pretty annoyed right now, but it could be worse...

Thanks again to everyone, i appreciated all your help an input.

-dan

did you submit photos of the both of you?

Timeline

Nah uh.. You did. :yes: I still find it hard to believe they didn't accept my photos. The whole second page looked like protocol and no specific actions to me.

thanks again.

-dan

Timeline

OMG... I didn't notice your highlight in my reply. Jeez, thanks for helping me answer my own question when i was answering another persons inquiry.

:blink::whistle::thumbs:

-dan

Thanks again everyone!

-dan

what does page 1 say?

-dan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This might sound dumb.

Did you write the name of you and your beneficiary on the back of the photos w/ a felt tip pen?

I hope all goes smoothly or you. Good luck.

K-1,VSC, Moscow Consulate

I-129F sent:2009-06-04

NOA1: 2009-06-09

NOA2: 2009-09-16

NVC Received: 2009-09-17

NVC Left: 2009-09-22

Consulate Received: 2009-09-25

Medical: IOM, Moscow, 2009-12-07

Interview: 2009-12-08

Visa Received: 2009-12-14

Arrival to USA: 2010-01-15

Marriage: 2010-03-27

AOS, EAD, AP

CIS Office: Charleston, SC

Filed AOS Package: 2010-05-26

NOA: 2010-06-04

Bio Appt: 2010-07-09

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2010-06-30

EAD Card Production Order: 2010-08-04

AP Received: 2010-08-09

ROC

I-751 sent: 2012-7-11

NOA-1: 2012-8-1

Bio-Appointment: 2012-9-19

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.