Bralaheh

k-1 visa fast times

18 posts in this topic

Could be slowed down over Xmas and New Years. People with hangovers slow down a bit!!

Edited by Dakine

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

you should be following the news on uscis website everyday or week,cos when we applied for the i 130 the uscis slowed down in may or april for dealing with work visas this time,but what iam sure of : no basis for uscis at all. try the vj timelines according to your service center and this may help u a lot as we did.and in common i see most k1's doesn't take more than a year in average

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When we started our K-1 visa process, we had read that September was a bad time to apply for USCIS benefits because of the lottery system or something like that.

It seemed that a lot of our applications seemed to fall in September (or around) and some of them took longer to approve that other people's.

I'm just glad I'm almost completely done with USCIS.... just my daughter's (K-2) Naturalization application to go next November.

I sure will be glad!!!!

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
is there a specific time of year that k-1 visas are approved faster?

Not really. Of course the holidays slow things down. Count November until New Year's as one month for getting anything done, particularly in Northern Vermont where nealry everyone is "gone Huntin'" for much of October and November. It can be a very frustrating time of year here as everyone seems to give their job bottom priority in life and can't wait to get out the door!

That said, K-1s are paricularly heavy early to mid summer and very light in late winter to early spring...BUT the Vermont Service Center and maybe California, tend to operate in "batches" when there are no tmany K-1s coming in they will simply shift all the adjudicators to something and do NO K-1s for a while and then shift back and get caught up. VSC has recently shifted to K-1s and is popping them out lkike crazy right now. Rfer to the pinned topic above.

Waiting around to file a petiton for the "right time" will only delay your petition

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well... I have a theory... :idea: Our Interview is in December... and my theory is that everyone will be is such a GREAT mood with the holidays coming up that they will certainly without a doubt approve his visa!!!! Yeah yeah... hopeful thinking... but ignorance can be bliss sometimes! :jest:

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Aren't Canadian visas the fastest of the fast? SO fast, that you will have a hard time gathering all the docs and proofs needed for the interview! :star:

Not at all. Vancouver and Montreal are notoriously slow in giving interview dates. Kiev, on the other hand, can get you a date within a week. Some of the Scandanavian consulates are reportedly very fast also.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Aren't Canadian visas the fastest of the fast? SO fast, that you will have a hard time gathering all the docs and proofs needed for the interview! :star:

Not at all. Vancouver and Montreal are notoriously slow in giving interview dates. Kiev, on the other hand, can get you a date within a week. Some of the Scandanavian consulates are reportedly very fast also.

Yeah, Canadian consulates are horribly slow. Montreal more so than Vancouver. About 90+ days for an interview date assignment :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Yikes, don't let the Canuck Board hear you say that! :lol:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

:rofl: all I ever notice is that the Canada people seem to wait as long as the middle eastern countries

Mailed n-400 : 4-3-14

USCIS Received : 4-4-14

NOA1 Sent : 4-8-14

Biometrics Appt Letter Sent : 4-14-14

Biometrics Appt : 5-5-14

usaflag.gifphilippinesflag.gif

Poverty Guidelines : http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
VisaJourney Guides : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=guides
K1 Flowchart : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow
K1/K3 AOS Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos
ROC Guide : http://www.visajourney.com/content/751guide

DSC04023-1.jpg0906091800.jpg93dc3e19-1345-4995-9126-121c2d709290.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

:rofl: all I ever notice is that the Canada people seem to wait as long as the middle eastern countries

My fiance is a canadian permanent resident from the middle east!!!!! i'll be sending this form off here in a couple days. to think a price and a waiting list is put on love. it's rediculous!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

moved from K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures to K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Case Filing and Progress Reports

thread is timeline oriented and not seeking k-1 advice.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Are you kidding????? As mentioned, the Canadian consulates, especially Montreal, are RIDICULOUSLY slow. I have no idea where you got your speedy impression from, but no way. Montreal is ridiculous.... their interviews are running 4-5 months after receiving the application. That's WITHOUT the holidays being in there. The Philippines, for example, is HALF that. I'm sure we all have no problem getting the docs needed, given THAT much time....

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.