Limbaugh bids to buy the St. Louis Rams

37 posts in this topic

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

true, but so are allot of nfl owners...

i have no issue with him buying the Rams, if he keeps them in st louis, of course, i have no issue if bin laden buys the rams if he keeps them in st louis...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't see what all the hype is really. He's obviously dying of a brain tumor anyhow. Who in their right mind wants to buy the Rams??????????????????????

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Rush was right about McNabb. It had nothing to do with racism, it had to to do with the exact opposite. I'm sure Snerdley would agree.

I agree, that whole situation got blown out of proportion. They did pump McNabb up. I think Rush should of known he couldnt say something like this in the mainstream media.

Edited by _Simpson_

I don't see what all the hype is really. He's obviously dying of a brain tumor anyhow. Who in their right mind wants to buy the Rams??????????????????????

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::yes::yes::yes:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think that a lot of the owners are worried that his "act" could damage their brand. There have already been players come out who have said that they would never play for a team owned by Rush. Right or wrong, that is their right and would limit the ability of the Rams to be competitive. Granted, Georgia Frontiere's ignorance produced the same result, but it is one thing to yank the owners franchise agreement and quite another in denying the sale. I don't think they should dismiss Rush's attempt to buy the team out of hand because of who he is. He is an entertainer and half the things he says, he says for shock value. However, the owners also have a right to say that they don't want that sort of publicity being associated with their brand. But in the end, I don't support banning the man from trying to buy a piece of the team for the same reason I don't condemn Jay-Z for trying to buy a piece of the New Jersey Nets.

On another note, buahahahahahah Cards got PWNT by the Dodgers. :devil:

Filed: Timeline
Rush was right about McNabb. It had nothing to do with racism, it had to to do with the exact opposite. I'm sure Snerdley would agree.

I agree, that whole situation got blown out of proportion. They did pump McNabb up. I think Rush should of known he couldnt say something like this in the mainstream media.

at the time he made the comment, he had a valid point. mcnabb's stats were not anything special. in the years that have passed....mcnabb has proved him wrong, he is an elite qb.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I think that a lot of the owners are worried that his "act" could damage their brand. There have already been players come out who have said that they would never play for a team owned by Rush. Right or wrong, that is their right and would limit the ability of the Rams to be competitive. Granted, Georgia Frontiere's ignorance produced the same result, but it is one thing to yank the owners franchise agreement and quite another in denying the sale. I don't think they should dismiss Rush's attempt to buy the team out of hand because of who he is. He is an entertainer and half the things he says, he says for shock value. However, the owners also have a right to say that they don't want that sort of publicity being associated with their brand. But in the end, I don't support banning the man from trying to buy a piece of the team for the same reason I don't condemn Jay-Z for trying to buy a piece of the New Jersey Nets.

On another note, buahahahahahah Cards got PWNT by the Dodgers. :devil:

Well if GOOD TALENTED players outright refused to play for the Rams, at least we would have a reason to blame them for playing like #######.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

at the time he made the comment, he had a valid point. mcnabb's stats were not anything special. in the years that have passed....mcnabb has proved him wrong, he is an elite qb.

Rush made the comment 4 games into the season after he had come back from an injury. I remember listening to him when he did those few boradcasts...... his football knowledge is brief.

I really think it will come down to does he want to own the team, or does he want to continue his radio show as it is today. I can't imagine the owners association would allow him to say some of the incendiary things he does as it is a reflection of them as well if he becomes an owner. In the end, I think they will allow him to be a part of the ownership group, but put several caveats in the deal that will allow them to foce him out if he says anything really stupid on his radio show again. They are already leery about the comments he made concerning that bus fight where a black kid beat up that white kid.

Yes I totally agree, thats what I meant by them pumping up Mcnabb, it was too soon and he hadn't even proven himself to be one of the elite. I got to admit I was wrong also, Mcnabb has turned out to be a much better QB than I thought he would be and I would like to thank Seminole for dropping him.

Timeline

Yes I totally agree, thats what I meant by them pumping up Mcnabb, it was too soon and he hadn't even proven himself to be one of the elite. I got to admit I was wrong also, Mcnabb has turned out to be a much better QB than I thought he would be and I would like to thank Seminole for dropping him.

I think thats a load of #######. Sports writers were quick to annoint both Mannings and Matt Ryan as "future Hall of famers" when they had played in zero regular season games and only a few pre-season games, yet McNabb in his 4th season who had put up good numbers was overrated because they wanted to prop up a black QB? Come on, a good QB is a good QB, period. No amount of media cajoling could change the fact that JaMarcus Russell is a bad QB.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I think thats a load of #######. Sports writers were quick to annoint both Mannings and Matt Ryan as "future Hall of famers" when they had played in zero regular season games and only a few pre-season games, yet McNabb in his 4th season who had put up good numbers was overrated because they wanted to prop up a black QB? Come on, a good QB is a good QB, period. No amount of media cajoling could change the fact that JaMarcus Russell is a bad QB.

Im not sure what sports writers your referring too but its seems everyone is pretty hard on Eli and rightly so, hes good but one of the best Im not so sure. Even then I still think he gets more credit that he deserves just because of who is brother is, that said he doing pretty dam good this season. Sanchez has been getting alot of positive media attenion too and it has me shaking my head I think people are jumping the gun. Regardless to this I think they went way overboard with Mcnabb. To act like this was a racist comment was just out right stupid.

I like the way the NFL system works with this issue, owners should be able to vote. I think they would be stupid to vote him out and unfourtantly I dont think Rush will get the votes needed. I hope I am wrong.

Edited by _Simpson_

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
I wonder if Rush owns stocks in Oxycontin.

:jest:

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif