Peikko

Parents given jail terms for relying on prayers to save dying daughter

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Its just like standing in the middle of the freeway at rush hour and saying, Im going to pray I dont get hit. Nonsense. God uses people in the medical fields for a purpose. At the same time, I still remember back in 1998 when i was 16 and we found out when my adopted father had pancreatic cancer. Sure we prayed for him, sure we wanted dad to get better and SURE we went to the doctors with him to see what could be done. 10 months later he died, but at least we took him to the doctors to see what could be done. I dont regret praying for dad and I dont regret getting doctors help. (F) The 27th of this month I will be remembering my fathers passing for 11 yrs ago. (L) I really loved and still miss my father. :crying:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Filed: Timeline
I wonder if the daughter's death has changed the parents view of the almighty - or rather not relying on idiotic superstition to enact spontaneous miracles when perfectly viable medical solutions were at hand.

I doubt it.

Something good happens = Thank God

Something bad happens = It's God's will / God works in mysterious ways / God must have a reason

F that. my brother died and everyone stopped going to church. prayer didn't work to save him. *thumbs down*

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Stuff like this makes me angry and sad..

My MIL teaches at a Christian school, and she said that if a child there were to go through an epileptic fit, they've been told to pray first and then call for an ambulance. Luckily she had the sense to say "no, you call 911 first and THEN pray!"

Well, that rule isn't necessarily as bad as it sounds. I agree, calling the ambulance should be the first priority. And obviously I think what these parents did was just wrong and 6 months in jail is not enough. But just wanted to point out that people can pray while walking to the phone to call the ambulance. Prayers don't have to be long drawn out group things. They can be "God please be with the medical professionals and this poor child" and that be the end of if.

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 25, 2013 --Qualified for Citizenship!

October 12, 2017 --Electronically filed

October 13, 2017 --NOA1

October 31, 2017 --Biometrics Appointment -ATL

ROC

April 5, 2012 --Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

May 21, 2012 --Biometric Appointment at ATL office

December 12, 2012 --10 year Green Card in hand

DCF Process

October 10, 2009 --Married in São Paulo

January 14, 2010 --Filed I-130 at São Paulo Consulate for DCF

May 17, 2010 --VISA IN HAND!

June 24, 2010 --POE in Atlanta

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

This isn't a case of tempting God.

This is a case of religious zealots allowing their daughter to die in front of their eyes rather than call for corporeal assistance. Shameful.

:bonk: for the judge for handing down such a ridiculously light sentence.

(F) for the little girl.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

6 months?

If I know over zealous Christians the way I do ( I was one ) they will take this as if God was looking over them....

It just makes me feel that I did the right thing when I turned my back on all that #######.

An Australian father threw his daugher off of a bridge.

wow you are boring lately.

I'm trying to fit in. Here's the link for the bridge story.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=222106

I get it Spooky.....you want to bring your little ###### fight with BY in to other threads as well as the ones you have created...I don't need notes. But thanks.

I'm trying to fit in. Here's the link for the bridge story.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=222106

I get it Spooky.....you want to bring your little ###### fight with BY in to other threads as well as the ones you have created...I don't need notes. But thanks.

Na, I was just bored. Carry on, I won't trash this thread.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015