spookyturtle

Australian father to stand trial for thowing daughter off of bridge..

10 posts in this topic

It really is sounding like a penal colony.

THE man accused of throwing his daughter off the West Gate Bridge in Melbourne has today been committed to stand trial in the Supreme Court.

The Herald Sun reports Arthur Phillip Freeman stood in the dock at the Melbourne Magistrates' Court and when asked by Magistrate Peter Reardon whether he was guilty or not guilty, the accused murderer replied: "Not guilty, Your Honour."

During the second day of the committal hearing, Sen-Constable Sean Hill told court he approached Mr Freeman at the Commonwealth Law Courts in the hours following the alleged incident, before the alleged murderer stood and told him "take me away".

Sen-Constable Hill said Mr Freeman was sitting in a chair as one of his sons was having his nappy changed and his older son was sitting on the floor.

"He was crying, shaking, and rocking back and forth," Snr Const Hill said.

Mr Freeman made no application for bail and will reappear in the Supreme Court on 22 October for a directions hearing.

During the opening of the committal hearing yesterday, prosecutor Gavin Silbert, SC, said the alleged murderer asked his daughter Darcey, 4, to climb from the back seat of his car into the front before he lifted her out, walked her to the railing and tossed her over.

Witness Barry Nelson, travelling across the bridge with his wife at the time, told Melbourne Magistrates' Court he saw the child disappear before he said to his wife: "I think that guy just threw a kid over the side."

In a police statement tendered to court, Mr Nelson said: "I didn't see the child's arms around the man or anything like that.

"I then saw this guy tip the child over the rail. It was like he was holding a bag and tipped it over.

"He just let the child flip over the bridge."

Mr Nelson said he ran towards the man, who looked like he had just performed an "everyday task" before casually returning to his car.

"I looked straight at him. He had no emotion on his face, like nothing had happened," Mr Nelson said.

"The car didn't spin its wheels or drive off in a rush. It just drove away at normal speed and joined the traffic."

He did not apply for bail and will face a directions hearing at the Supreme Court on October 22.

Read the full story at the Herald Sun

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,26182291-29277,00.html

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

:angry::o

####### is wrong with these people?

(F)

Thanks for this service Spooky. I had NO IDEA there was such cruel behavior going on outside America. Frankly, I'm stunned.

:angry::o

####### is wrong with these people?

(F)

Thanks for this service Spooky. I had NO IDEA there was such cruel behavior going on outside America. Frankly, I'm stunned.

I'm just stating the facts, nothing more. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

We have enough negative ####### in the US. Why bring in more from other countries?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

We have enough negative ####### in the US. Why bring in more from other countries?

You should be able to figure it out.

What! You dislike aussies?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

You should be able to figure it out.

What! You dislike aussies?

Not all of them. In fact, I rather like the many I've had an opportunity to meet.

There's one in particular however that we're just having some fun with tonight, that's all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I remember this happening :(

I was working at the docks near the bridge and we had heard on the radio what had happened and we could see the choppers trying to search for the girls body. Horrible thing to happen.

TIMELINE:

December, 2008 - Started talking on plentyoffish.com

March 25, 2009 - Left Australia to to meet her

March 28, 2009 - Finally met in person!!

April 30, 2009 - Engaged

May 4, 2009 - Returned to Australia

June 26, 2009 - Filed I-129F

July 6, 2009 - NOA1 Received

July 25 - August 12, 2009 - Janet visited Simon is Australia for 2 and a half magical weeks. Met the family and is loved by all of them! :)

September 18, 2009 - NOA2!!!!!

September 28, 2009 - NVC Received

October 1, 2009 - NVC Sent

October 7, 2009 - Consulate Received

October 14, 2009 - Medical

October 17, 2009 - December 8 - Simon visiting Janet in the U.S

December 11, 2009 - Packet 3 sent

December 18, 2009 - Packet 4 received

January 12, 2010 - Interview date

January 14 2010 - Visa Received

January 23 2010 - US Entry

February 7 2010 - Marriage

I remember this happening :(

I was working at the docks near the bridge and we had heard on the radio what had happened and we could see the choppers trying to search for the girls body. Horrible thing to happen.

It was a terrible thing to happen. My reason for these topics was to show that these things happen all over the world, not just in the US as some would have you believe.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015