Dawarig

Calling card proof?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Where is the experts people I have one question, I hope you guys can help me. Me and my fiancée we communicate on the phone I use calling card phone from CallingCardPlus.com, but it don’t show her phone number it just show only transactions how much I purchased is that good proof? what you guys think.

Appreciate your help

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Where is the experts people I have one question, I hope you guys can help me. Me and my fiancée we communicate on the phone I use calling card phone from CallingCardPlus.com, but it don’t show her phone number it just show only transactions how much I purchased is that good proof? what you guys think.

Appreciate your help

Nope. It proves only that you spend the specified amount of money on calling card minutes. If you're going to use phone calls as evidence, then you need something that connects your telephone number to her telephone number.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Agreed, if you cannot show that the calling card was used soley to contact your fiance, then leave it out

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Appreciate your help

No. It is not prooof of anything except you (or someone) bought calling cards. Go to "PennyBoss.com" they have a variety of cards, we use the "Continental" and it gives a full detailed reort of each call, the number called and the duration

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Appreciate your help

for the I-129F it is proof of "face-to-face" meeting... phone calls, e-mails, etc... do not do this

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Appreciate your help

I also called my fiance using a calling card. If you contact the calling card company they can provide you with a list of the phone numbers you have called using the card. I was able to request the information with my calling card and wasnt a problem. Are you using a rechargable card with the same pin each time? So just provide them with ur calling card number, and pin number, and they can email you all the activity on your account. Yes the k1 requires proof of meeting, but you should also show proof of an ongoing relationship. If you are unable to get a complete list from your calling card company I would provide it anyhow. Does hurt your process in any way so why not?

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Timeline

BTW... I pulled out my papers that I got from the callingcards place I buy mine from, and I have about 75 pages of activity from January 2009 to May 2009. It gives the date called, time called, where I called from, what phone number I called from, and the location (country) I called, and the number I called. Im using CallingCards.com. I realise yours is not the same, but most calling card companies can provide the same information upon your request.

“You cannot enter heaven until you believe, and you will not truly believe until you (truly) love one another.” [Muslim, Al-Iman (Faith); 93]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Appreciate your help

I also called my fiance using a calling card. If you contact the calling card company they can provide you with a list of the phone numbers you have called using the card. I was able to request the information with my calling card and wasnt a problem. Are you using a rechargable card with the same pin each time? So just provide them with ur calling card number, and pin number, and they can email you all the activity on your account. Yes the k1 requires proof of meeting, but you should also show proof of an ongoing relationship. If you are unable to get a complete list from your calling card company I would provide it anyhow. Does hurt your process in any way so why not?

I put about 50 used calling cards in a zip lock bag in the packet that was used at the interview. The interviewer pulled the baggie out of the package and handed it back to my fiancee and said that this was not proof and she didn't need it.

What I did was once or twice a month I would call direct, that way the numbers were on my cell phone call logs.

Timeline

Appreciate your help

I put about 50 used calling cards in a zip lock bag in the packet that was used at the interview. The interviewer pulled the baggie out of the package and handed it back to my fiancee and said that this was not proof and she didn't need it.

What I did was once or twice a month I would call direct, that way the numbers were on my cell phone call logs.

Even though you use a calling card if you call the calling card company they will provide you with a list of numbers you called. It gives the 'direct' number you called. Providing them with alot of old used calling cards is not proof because it does not show them anything. I can 'show' them a credit card, but by showing it to them does not show what you have bought during the term of the credit card.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Where is the experts people I have one question, I hope you guys can help me. Me and my fiancée we communicate on the phone I use calling card phone from CallingCardPlus.com, but it don't show her phone number it just show only transactions how much I purchased is that good proof? what you guys think.

Appreciate your help

Even though you use a calling card if you call the calling card company they will provide you with a list of numbers you called. It gives the 'direct' number you called. Providing them with alot of old used calling cards is not proof because it does not show them anything. I can 'show' them a credit card, but by showing it to them does not show what you have bought during the term of the credit card.

Not always. There are some companies out there that will not do this without a court order. Be careful and make sure the company you are dealing with will hand over these records to you without an issue. Nobelcom is one such calling card company that does not hand over records without a subpoena.

K1: 01/15/2009 (mailed I-129F) - 06/23/2009 (visa received)

AOS: 08/08/2009 (mailed I-485, I-765, & I-131) - 10/29/2009 (received GC)

Many companies to choose from. And I have tried 10 or so before sticking to one service. I like www.pincity.com you can track the calls right away online and they keep 3 months worth of history online that you can print out with date, time, phone number called, & cost. They have a Live Chat to customer service online and they have always have issued credit for poor transmission and the occasional 1 minute calls they didn't connect properly. Many local access numbers throughout the USA and also 800 # access - at a slightly higher rate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Verizon gives you a huge hassle to get your records. I do not recommend their calling cards. I am finding this out the hard way, as this is the only card I use to call my Fiancee. They only accept written requests and you must obtain a subpoena through local law-enforcement for them to release your calling history.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Appreciate your help

I have the same problem. What I do have is my phone bill summary showing the calling card access number being called many times. I also printed out the page of the calling card number access number to use. To pull it all together, my fiance has her phone statement showing incoming calls from the access number.

This is just one of many forms of communication media that we use and it together with everything else, tells the story of our ongoing relationship.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Im using callingcards.com and I get great rates. Its only .10 cents a min to call Morocco. I have not found anyone out there to beat that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.