arwensun1965

Would you let your Spouse party till the early morning on their own????

164 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

We trust each other enough that its not a problem to go out separately, and I honestly wish James would find some friends and go out more often :P Of course, it would be nice if there was somewhere *to go*!

I honestly don't mind, as long as I know where he is and there's a designated driver if they're drinking.

I suppose it is a trust issue, and we both trust each other.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hubster has a group of friends that he plays cards with every Friday night. They rotate whose house they have it, order pizza and they DO drink. These get to be really late nights (to me anyway), and sometimes I've been upset when I see what time he comes in, but that's always been more of a safety issue since I hate to think of him riding public transportation at 2 or 2:30 in the morning. He also goes to gigs, etc with the guys. It doesn't bother me. In fact I'm glad that he has so many friends because he is the kind of person who loves to be around people. As an aside, it's kind of funny that I've read on here so many times that people don't have friends over here when they move, yet if they only want to stay at home with their spouse, it seems like they won't find the friends they are looking for.

But anyway...hubster has also gone to parties that I've just not been interested in going to. I'm glad we have the kind of relationship where I can say I'm not interested in something and be fine with seeing him go out and he's fine with me either going or not going. We both feel we don't have to be interested in hanging out with the same people and since I'm much more of a home body than he is...the arrangement works. I don't feel I need to accompany him, he doesn't feel he needs to stay home if I don't want to go to a function. And the time he's out, I can watch a movie that he wouldn't be interested in, work on my jewelry-making, whatever.

As far as partying in the sense of going out clubbing or something...that's never been part of either of our lives, so I know he wouldn't go out with the boys (most of whom are also married or in relationships), to go drinking and dancing with strange women. That I wouldn't like. :no:

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

no..and she never do that..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
As far as partying in the sense of going out clubbing or something...that's never been part of either of our lives, so I know he wouldn't go out with the boys (most of whom are also married or in relationships), to go drinking and dancing with strange women. That I wouldn't like. :no:

Same here. That hasn't been a part of our lives either. To me it's not fun.

To be honest neither of us ever goes out til late hours without eachother, or even stay out that late at all anymore. I guess it's because Sujeet and I have the same friends and we all genuinely have fun together, so we don't usually segregate into men/women groups. I don't see anything wrong with that, just our group is not like that. I grew up with my mom and sister, and girl relatives everywhere...I get enough girl time, so having a husband and guy friends around is refreshing!! :lol:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would not really like him partying all night, but going out with the boys once in a while is fine. I know he likes his camping trips with the guys and if he wants to go alone that is ok with me. We both need time to just be off on our own.

I trust him and he trusts me, if we did not we would not have made it this far.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If we have no trust ... we don't have much

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I let my husband go fishing at night :D He does not mind taking me with him, but I really do not like not sleeping all night and waiting for this studid fish to bite! ;)

When he comes home he smells fish and shrimp oil... I don't think anyone but me can stand it! :innocent: But I definitely would not let him go to parties. (Luckily, he is more interested in fishing.)

Edited by timelena

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I honestly do not care if he goes out with the guys, its nice for spouses to get outta the house and do things either with or without eachother. With that said, i DO CARE if its to all early hours of the morning. I think as a married man, and me a married woman, it is completely wrong for either of us to be out THAT late. We have an agreement, that when we go out with friends, seperately, #1 no drinking #2 home by 1am, if not sooner. I mean, i want to go to bed with my husband by my side, as he wants to go to bed with me by his, not alone,wondering where the other person is or what they are doing. I guess it can also be called a respect thing for us.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

I don't like to make all kinds of rules only because if someone accidently breaks one, then what? I can say, hey, be careful not to drink too much, and I trust that as an adult if he does overdo it, well he's the one that will suffer the consequences the next day. But I'm certainly not going to say no drinking when you go out.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
What's the point of getting married then?

Don't people get married after they've done all the partying in their lives already?

Just because you get married doesn't mean your life ends. Each person had their own lives and own friends. You don't have to give everything up, just because you got married!!! There is also nothing wrong with a little time alone, or personal time. Ask Dr. Phil!!!

The point of getting married is to spend the rest of your life with that person... not every minute!!!

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I would not do that and I would not expect my wife to do it to me. I take her dancing and we stay out to all hours of the morning. We have even gotten up at three in the morning to go dancing at “After Hours” night clubs and have gotten home at noon. :dance::dance:

If you want to be partying without your husband or wife you should have stayed single or get a divorce. :yes:

Regards,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Bram is OK with me going out with my girl friends until late at night.. he knows that i would always go to the car that our friends own it.. and he said I can dance :dance: with anyone I want but he wouldnt like it that much (i like to dance only with my girlfriends anyway) and because most of the time i drive, so no drinking.. and I dont drink much anyway.. may be one glass for the night. A month ago i went out 3 weeks in a roll and I asked him if he was Ok with it he said he love me going out with my friends (but because he knows that I dont like to go out so often.. it was just happen to be so often that month.. normally.. none.. i feel too sleepy and too old in there

And if Bram wants to go out with his friends.. I wouldnt mind.. but he doesnt really like to go out that much.. it would be a dinner and some drink after that kinda thing so he normally came home quite early. The only thing i'd say to him is " dont drunk and drive" ;)

But it's a really rare occation for me to go out or for him to go out. I think it's good for him to have his friends and i to have mine.. we also have same friends.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"