calilove

shocking story

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It doesn't matter if he still loves her, she doesn't love him. That's why she left. No good wife would just leave so far away without saying anything. And always be wary of the Vietnamese people who always listens to family, even after being engaged or married. So forget about it, if she doesn't leave him now she will leave him later. So try to keep the child instead. Second, this is not such a shocking story. Nail people do this all the time. Leave their spouses and/or kids to just hook up with another nail person. Not sure why nail people tend to do this more, but probably because they can be very mobile, have the financial capacity to move quickly anywhere, and unless they absolutely have to do nails, they tend to love money over health. Nail people are part of their own culture, so be wary of anyone who wants to do nails or does nails. Red flags? Mentioning wanting to do nails over 2 hours away. Nail people work without licenses all the time or can buy licenses. From your side, all that matters to immigration officials is whether you can prove you did not know what was going on, and are not a party to the fraud.

thank you everyone for the inputs, surprisingly she came home today. She went to visit her relatives for a few days, because before i didn't let her go, so she left without my permission, the good thing is shes back, thank god and thank you all, i can take a deep breathe now

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I agree, I would put up your childs passport in a safe place, and I would make sure you go out of your way to be nice with her relatives and go and visit them all the time you can. I am glad she came back, just dont squander this second chance. Good luck we both with you the best

Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
thank you everyone for the inputs, surprisingly she came home today. She went to visit her relatives for a few days, because before i didn't let her go, so she left without my permission, the good thing is shes back, thank god and thank you all, i can take a deep breathe now

Alls well that ends well, as the saying goes...

Happy to know you had a happy ending calilove! Just communicate more openly, trust each other and let her visit her relatives! Better yet, visit them 'with' her!

Edited by k.loveh

K-1 Visa

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2008-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-05-22

NVC Received : 2008-05-29

NVC Left : 2008-06-05

Consulate Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Received : 2008-06

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-07

Packet 4 Received : 2008-07-16

Interview Date : 2008-08-25

August 25, 2008- Placed on A.P.

December 17, 2008- Petition Returned to USCIS for further review.

February 4, 2009- Received notice the USCIS has received returned petition.

June 4, 2009- Petition Reaffirmed by USCIS.

July 10, 2009- NVC sent Reaffirmed petition back to U.S.Embassy, New Delhi.

August 10, 2009- Embassy notified via email that they've received the Re-affirmed petition assigned with a 'new' case number as well as mailed Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Embassy sent as an email attachment, the DS-230, Applicants Statement and Cover letter to Packet 3.

August 20, 2009- Mailed and Emailed request letter to Embassy to extend validity date of petition.

August 25, 2009 - Embassy received request to extend validity letter.

Sept 2, 2009- Embassy confirmed their receipt of the completed DS-230 and Applicants Statement.

October 29, 2009- 2nd Interview date- Visa Approved!

November 4th, 2009- Received Passport with Visa intact!

December 4th, 2009- Fiance arrived in U.S. - MARRIED Dec. 7th!

February 23rd-Mailed AOS Packet

March 3rd, 2010-Check Cashed

March 6th, 2010-Received AOS Receipt Notice

March 29th, 2010-Biometrics

Sept. 14, 2010-GC Interview -Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I'm curious...

Why didn't you let her go visit her family before, and why would she need your permission to go? :unsure:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
She must have realized she needed to marry you first and get at least the conditional card first before leaving you for good.

Agreed.

Take your child's passport and put it in your safe deposit box.

I'd have to agree with both statements. I'd put a keystroke recorder on the computer. That was one of the ways I found out mine was scamming me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I am no expert on this, but you can try a local FBI office to report the parental kidnapping.

If she takes the child back to her country, there is almost no way taking the child back since Vietnam isn't a signatory country of the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction.

i just read this Parental Kidnapping Law, does this mean she can't take the child back to Vietnam??

Parental Kidnapping

International parental kidnapping. “Whoever removes a child from the United States or attempts to do so, or retains a child (who has been in the United States) outside the United States with intent to obstruct the lawful exercise of parental rights shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 3 years or both.” 18 USC §1204(a) (2008).

She can't take the child back to her country with out a notzide letter from the other parent .They are suppose to ask for that in the airport . When I was married to my x and he would travel to his family in a different country I aways had to give this letter.

Good luck on getting ur baby back

Brooklyn

P.s. get to family court right away

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
My fiancee just came here about 1 month on a K-1 visa. She has to marry me within 90 days, but we haven't yet. Recently her relatives that live about 2 hours away have been contacting her. Everytime i asked her what do they want, she says they just wanted to say hi and see how she is doing. Yesterday i came home from work, came to my surprise, she took off with them and took our baby along with her. I called the cops but they said she has the right to go anywhere, and also can take the baby anywhere she likes since that's her baby. She took her visa, passport and all the baby paperwork with her, the baby is a US citizen. Now i am so depress, and need everyone's help on this. What should i do, the cops cant do anything about this. Does she have the right to take the baby anywhere? what about back to Vietnam? please help me!!

Hey men

i see one case like you ,you best the report to CO HCMC and you must call Ins report immiltdately do not give them a change ,they use you for them way ,that was her relationship to tell here that F

Thx

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
It doesn't matter if he still loves her, she doesn't love him. That's why she left. No good wife would just leave so far away without saying anything. And always be wary of the Vietnamese people who always listens to family, even after being engaged or married. So forget about it, if she doesn't leave him now she will leave him later. So try to keep the child instead. Second, this is not such a shocking story. Nail people do this all the time. Leave their spouses and/or kids to just hook up with another nail person. Not sure why nail people tend to do this more, but probably because they can be very mobile, have the financial capacity to move quickly anywhere, and unless they absolutely have to do nails, they tend to love money over health. Nail people are part of their own culture, so be wary of anyone who wants to do nails or does nails. Red flags? Mentioning wanting to do nails over 2 hours away. Nail people work without licenses all the time or can buy licenses. From your side, all that matters to immigration officials is whether you can prove you did not know what was going on, and are not a party to the fraud.

hey my friend

ok you must to listen

1) if love you move far way her family

2) you know some day she will get green card she will say good bye to you

3) do not let she close with relative

DO NOT LET HER A CHANCE,TRUTH ME

good luck men you know get K1 how was hard you know

John

She went to visit her relatives for a few days, because before i didn't let her go, so she left without my permission, the good thing is shes back, thank god and thank you all, i can take a deep breathe now

:unsure: You didn't give her "permission" to visit her family?.....wow....good for her, I'd have done the same, you're lucky she came home.

hey my friend

ok you must to listen

1) if love you move far way her family

2) you know some day she will get green card she will say good bye to you

3) do not let she close with relative

DO NOT LET HER A CHANCE,TRUTH ME

good luck men you know get K1 how was hard you know

John

####### kind of advice is that? Is he her jailer or her husband? you don't bring a women you love to a foreign country and keep her away from everything through fear she may leave...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.