Children...

The wonderful world of having babies...  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have children already?

• yes, I do.
    • no, I don't
    • Yes, my SO does
    • We both have them!
  2. 2. Are you planning on having kids...or more kids?

• Yes
    • No
    • We already are pregnant
  3. 3. If you are having more kids, why not now?

• Told you, we aren't having more kids.
    • We are now! We're trying or we are pregnant
    • I want to wait...(female)
    • I want to wait (Male)
    • We both want to wait.
    • My male SO wants to wait.
    • My female SO wants to wait.

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I am soo ready for kids I can't stand it...but hubby wants to wait and with good reason. He only just got here and we need to share eachother selfishly for at least two years....but darn it..I am READY

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're too old..... both 50 and we have 4 kids between us, so we're "done"!!!!!

Good luck to all those who are trying and best wishes to those who are pregnant.

And... to the OP..... enjoy each other for as long as you can.... once the kids come, they become the main focus of your lives. Sad sometimes, but very true, so enjoy your "alone time" now.

Edited by raymaga

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: Other Timeline

:D someone's broody!! hehe

I already have kids they are a total joy. I think you know when your ready. My first pregnancy was a 'surprise' and shock. The shock of being pregnant soon disappeared and was overridden by the total change in my body :hehe: If your ready for that your ready for anything!! Get ready to throw those skinny clothes out for a good while. By the way get ready to be embarrased like never before at any opportunity kids will say whatever is on their mind whenver they want :innocent:

I already have two kids from my previous marriage. I think that's enough. My finace doesn't want kids. He accepts my kids, becuase they are a part of my life, and if he wants to be with me, he'll end up being around them as well.

Part of the reason I'm making plans to move there with him is becuase it'll give us some "us" time to just be a couple together before we move back and add kids into the mix.

I say, enjoy your time with just him, becuase after the kids it'll be pretty rare.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I'd love kids, but I can't have any... so the decision was taken out of my hands.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

We both want kids but not right now! Maybe in about 2 years time. I'm so enjoying just being married.

February 17, 2005--mailed in I 129F to CSC!

February 24, 2005--1st NOA

March 15, 2005--2nd NOA

April 11, 2005--Fiance receives Packet 3

May 19, 2005 Fax Checklist(Nigeria police report finally arrives)

June 6, 2005-- Interview Date!!!!Visa approved!!

June 18, 2005--Fiancee arrives in Hawaii!

August 14, 2005--wedding in Oregon

September 12, 2005--sent in AOS

September 20, 2005--1st NOA AOS

September 23, 2005--Walk-in biometrics completed

October 1, 2005--fingerprints received/processing resumed

November 26, 2005--EAD card received in mail

June 7, 2006--contact senators about AOS

June 28, 2006--senator says interview date is for August 14!!

August 14, 2006--AOS interview and 1 year wedding anniversary

hell no!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:yes::thumbs:

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We both want kids so much....i find myself playing with other people's babies(in the store, mall, at work,etc). I am 32 now and hubby will be 30 soon so no time like the present, besides the inlaws are stuck on this topic of " When"?, "Any good news yet?", Will I have grandkids/great grandkids before I die?" Shesssh the pressure. So here's hoping.

Besides all I hear lately is you two are going to make beautiful babies. People on the street see us together and they are like awwww you two make a beautiful couple and you are going to have beautiful babies, these people don't even know us and they come up to us and say that.

f68cm6.png

4/7/08 -------> Rec'd email from USCIS showing Card Ordered, Woot Woot

4/14/08 -----> 10 yr green card in hand

Citizenship Timeline

8/20/08 -------> Mailed N-400 to TSC

8/21/08 -------> N-400 rec'd by TSC @ 10:42 am signed for by C Maxa

8/26/08 -------> Check cashed

8/28/08 -------> Called USCIS was told biometrics scheduled for Sept 12 @ 3 pm

9/02/08 -------> Received NOA 1 showing receipt date as August 22, 2008

9/02/08 -------> Received bio appt by snail mail verifying scheduled date as 9/12 @ 3 pm

9/12/08 -------> Fingerprints taken

12/16/08------> Interview @ 10:05 am [PASSED]; OAth given at 2 pm

***MY HUSBAND IS NOW A USC***

12/29/08 -----> Filed for US passport book and passport card for my husband

01/08/09 -----> Rec'd US passport book in mail today; still waiting for card and return of natz cert

1/10/09 ------> Rec'd US passport card and Natz cert.

I already have 4 and Dan has 2. All adults now so we are just going to enjoy each other.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Poll is a bit flawed. We aren't a yes or no, but a maybe.

Between the two of us we have six boys :wacko: . We discussed early on in our relationship that we DID not need anymore children. In the last six months my darling husband has mentioned, that it might be nice to have one together. I agree to an extent, which is more in past terms it WOULD have been nice. We swing back and forth now on this topic, and have decided it can wait another year or two until we have had time together and are financially set. I am going on 36 this year, my time is drawing to an end, so it has to happen soon if it happens at all. The thought of having one of our own is lovely, but diapers, bottles, childbirth, and no less than 18 years of raising another is not so appealing. The decision is probably easier than we think, especially considering my mother stated she would kill us both! :lol: Hey though having a girl for a change might be interesting, but with our luck it would be another boy and we would officially have a baseball team.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif