♥ Sweethearts ♥

Ideas for my husband's arrival in USA!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Sounds like a plan! Just let matters take their course, don't force anything on him except a shower and a good night's rest, and whatever else he feels like doing :star:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So dh is on his way home in a few days and I want to know what way to welcome him home. I am a nervous wreck. I already put down new flooing and curtains and I need advice on what refreshments to serve him and/or activities to make him feel happy! He will be getting here pretty late though around 11pm or so. I guess we would get home at like 12 or 1am. So would it be best to do the celebration on the following day due to jet lag or what do you think? What did you all do when your SO's came home or what are your plans? Any advice is welcome!

It's something like 30 hours of travel to get here from there isn't it? He's gonna be DOG TIRED! I wouldn't let the occasion pass unremarked, but the first night, keep it just the two of you, and quietly but affectionately let him know you're glad he's home. Besides, arriving at midnight, not a lot of people would want to show up to a welcome home party, surely??? Wouldn't a low turnout be worse than no turn out?? Have his favorite drink or snack to enjoy, and some comfortable PJs to slip into (what if luggage is lost!!) If he wants to stay awake, I'm sure you can think of something to do, but don't try to make him feel badly if he just wants to collapse!

The next day (or the next weekend) can be the big welcome home shin-dig. Let him know that it's coming, otherwise he might think that it's going to happen when he steps off the plane and be dissapointed. Let him know that the first night you want to be selfish and keep him just to yourself. :)

When Nik came to visit last time, he arrived at about 2am London time, and although he tried to show interest in the house I bought for us, he sort of walked around like a zombie. You may have put a lot of work into some improvements, but I'd wait until he was more awake to go chattering on about it or to expect him to notice in any great detail. Nik was mostly interested in a cup of tea and then pretty soon to sleep on his first jet lagged night.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

So dh is on his way home in a few days and I want to know what way to welcome him home. I am a nervous wreck. I already put down new flooing and curtains and I need advice on what refreshments to serve him and/or activities to make him feel happy! He will be getting here pretty late though around 11pm or so. I guess we would get home at like 12 or 1am. So would it be best to do the celebration on the following day due to jet lag or what do you think? What did you all do when your SO's came home or what are your plans? Any advice is welcome!

There is no doubt that he would be very tired. My wife arrived at 9:00 pm. POE is Los Angeles. We got home at about 11 p.m. She had something small to eat; took shower and we went to bed. We had a big welcome party/celebration the following day with our family members and friends. We went to see close relatives on Saturday.

REALESTATE BROKER & MORTGAGE LOAN ORIGINATOR

STATE OF CALIFORNIA

12fa14f592.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Wow! I know you're super excited and want to make his arrival a special event. But I really think you should keep it low key. He'll be pretty tired from a long trip and adjusting to the time difference. I would say cook something he would like to eat, even though its 12am/1am here he might be in the mood for a just a snack or larger meal. Otherwise, have some romantic time, tour the house, and let him sleep in. Just play it by ear.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm sure he would love a hot bubble bath, and quite time with you. Do the meet and greet with other family members the next day. Have a calling card so that he can call his family to let them know that he arrived safe. Anything after that plan it together. Take him to the zoo, go on a picnic, take a dinner cruise and walk through the mall and go shopping. Just do the things with your husband you dreamed of doing while waiting for this moment to happen.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

I'm sure he would love a hot bubble bath, and quite time with you. Do the meet and greet with other family members the next day. Have a calling card so that he can call his family to let them know that he arrived safe. Anything after that plan it together. Take him to the zoo, go on a picnic, take a dinner cruise and walk through the mall and go shopping. Just do the things with your husband you dreamed of doing while waiting for this moment to happen.

You bring up an excellent point. Some communication of arrival should be made. :)

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Definately a really homely and romantic environment would be nice.

You don't wanna just jump into s*x, but rather build the environment and you will feel like it even if prego!

You might wanna focus on one area where you will sit and catch up. Maybe get a few scented candles. A few flowers around the room, balloons reading out 'welcome'. play some soft music. Surely he will be jet lagged, but at the same time, I am sure he is probably as excited as you are if not more. Seeing SOs others face takes off a lot of weariness. I few snacks, to munch on while you are chatting. Keep the environment ready for when you bring him home from the airport.

Surely, the new flooring and curtains won't hit him till he sleeps and wakes up, but the warmth in his welcome would definately make him feel at home, apart from your arms!

.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

:thumbs:

start with the basics .... SEX !!!!

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

***HUBBY COMES HOME DEC 12TH OUR 9 MONTH ANNIVERSARY***

** Thank God he is home**

~God's timing is best~ it is indeed!!

Feb 18 2010....Greencard in production

Feb 26 2010....Greencard received in mail

7453977xtc.png

id say give him a nice massage :unsure:

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

A very simple welcome at first like a small amount of his favorite food (because he maybe full in the food that's being served in his flight), a good background music, and just a short conversation and more stretching in bed (because he needs to lay down comfortably). The next day, make everything natural and gradual, ask him what he wants to do and if undecided yet, give him some suggestions. Of course show him everything in the house (that's one thing I appreciated with my husband the first time). Make him feel at home and welcome.

Heheh, I'd go shopping for new sexy lingerie, then get a manicure and a pedicure, then go get a fruit and cheese tray and a bottle of champagne. I'd dress very nicely... and then I'd show him how well I can take off allllll my clothes :) Oh. I'd also go to my waxer and have a full brazilian waxing :) My husband loves it when I surprise him with that treat. Course, if yours doesn't enjoy that, then don't do it :)

The rest of my suggestions would probably be censored.

:devil:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just a shower, lots of hugs and maybe some snacks and of course a call home!

Don't try to make too much of a hooplah about it! My husband and I just spent the time together alone and it was the best way to welcome him home :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I read a post with a great idea sometime ago.....preparing and freezing several dishes ahead of time, so when your SO arrives you won't have to spend time cooking for awhile. You will have that time for him.

I know this isn't for the night of his arrival but I think it is a great idea.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.