♥ Sweethearts ♥

Ideas for my husband's arrival in USA!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
So dh is on his way home in a few days and I want to know what way to welcome him home. I am a nervous wreck. I already put down new flooing and curtains and I need advice on what refreshments to serve him and/or activities to make him feel happy! He will be getting here pretty late though around 11pm or so. I guess we would get home at like 12 or 1am. So would it be best to do the celebration on the following day due to jet lag or what do you think? What did you all do when your SO's came home or what are your plans? Any advice is welcome! Edited by ♥ Sweethearts ♥

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Exactly 4 months after the interview! Amazing! :-)

08/11/09 Passport/Visa in hand! Alhamdulillah! Allah is magnificent!

08/18/2009-Home with the family! :-) Masha'Allah!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy!...!...! :pop:

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

So dh is on his way home in a few days and I want to know what way to welcome him home. I am a nervous wreck. I already put down new flooing and curtains and I need advice on what refreshments to serve him and/or activities to make him feel happy! He will be getting here pretty late though around 11pm or so. I guess we would get home at like 12 or 1am. So would it be best to do the celebration on the following day due to jet lag or what do you think? What did you all do when your SO's came home or what are your plans? Any advice is welcome!

Heheh, I'd go shopping for new sexy lingerie, then get a manicure and a pedicure, then go get a fruit and cheese tray and a bottle of champagne. I'd dress very nicely... and then I'd show him how well I can take off allllll my clothes :) Oh. I'd also go to my waxer and have a full brazilian waxing :) My husband loves it when I surprise him with that treat. Course, if yours doesn't enjoy that, then don't do it :)

The rest of my suggestions would probably be censored.

:devil:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This thread needs to get moved to the "Moving Here and Your New Life in America" forum. Gonna get a lot of bedroom chatter in OT.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Timeline

keep it simple. he will be very tired & want to rest. if you have friends/family waiting on him....tell them before he gets there 30min-1 hour after his arrival the party is over.

a bottle of champagne & some welcome decorations should be fine. you don't want to over do it....then a lot of personal attention. :devil:

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
So would it be best to do the celebration on the following day due to jet lag or what do you think? What did you all do when your SO's came home or what are your plans? Any advice is welcome!

Upon the arrival day, I wouldn't do much beyond having sex like we did. The reason being he's going to be tired and not remembering much. Clean up your dwelling so you don't look like a slob as a first impression. Tour around your town the next day to get a general feel for Hershey, PA. Hope he likes chocolate.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline
keep it simple. he will be very tired & want to rest. if you have friends/family waiting on him....tell them before he gets there 30min-1 hour after his arrival the party is over.

a bottle of champagne & some welcome decorations should be fine. you don't want to over do it....then a lot of personal attention. :devil:

Ok, if a mod can move it that'd be great! Something told me xxx would bethe first thing on most ppl's minds. For me, it is not I am prego and not so in the mood!

Ok, if a mod can move it that'd be great! Something told me xxx would bethe first thing on most ppl's minds. For me, it is not I am prego and not so in the mood!

Hehehe yes he loves chocolate!

:-) Hip hip hooray! Alhamdulillah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Visa printed!!!!!!!!!! 08-06-09 after 4 tiring months of AP! Thanks Allah-you are the greatest!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

i suggest a bj............

and not just mods can move threads.

moved from ot to per op's request.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

so when did this become about you? :lol: seriously keep it simple, he is already going to be a little overwhelmed by the POE experience & travel. you can show him around & introduce him to people in the coming days.

7yqZWFL.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am going along with Smoke, I went to pick Naty up yesterday and I Kept it simple. She was tired and wanted a shower. We went to the Asian market and bought rice and some other food things. I figure since she is making the sacrifice and leaving her life behind to be with me, I want only to make the transition as painless as possible for her. Fanfare and overwhelming your SO with friends and surprises may not be the way to go. :o

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-29

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-26

NVC Received : 2009-02-02

NVC Left : 2009-02-09

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received : 2009-02-14

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-07-16

Visa Received : 2009-07-22

US Entry : 2009-08-11

Marriage : 2009-08-21

Comments : She recived the first notice from Manila on Valentines day. Perfect timing.

The first setback came during the medical. Naty had to do the 3 day sputum and then we waited 2 months for the results. YESSSS>came back negative

Went for her interview on July 16th and received her Pink Slip......Finally. Paid the AIR21 and I expect her here August 10th, 2009. Marriage will be August 21st, exactly 4 years to the day that we first met.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
So dh is on his way home in a few days and I want to know what way to welcome him home. I am a nervous wreck. I already put down new flooing and curtains and I need advice on what refreshments to serve him and/or activities to make him feel happy! He will be getting here pretty late though around 11pm or so. I guess we would get home at like 12 or 1am. So would it be best to do the celebration on the following day due to jet lag or what do you think? What did you all do when your SO's came home or what are your plans? Any advice is welcome!

a ####### and swallow!

Sophanna Ven

Timeline

a ####### and swallow!

Oh, ok. I will just pick him up and the weekend we can meet and greet the family/friends. I guess he will want to just cuddle and talk and shower and most likely sleep. I got plans to take him to the South Asian Market the weekend too. Thanks for the suggestions....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.