Tnx

Fiance Visa Personal Questions =)

26 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

I know there is a search function on VJ but I want to ask quite a few questions and also I want to get to know the people on VJ and also let everyone here know about me and my fiance :)

My name is Trang and my Fiance's name is Binh. I am from London, England, and he lives in Fort Worth, Texas =P We are both Vietnamese.

I met Binh back in September 2005 online by chance on a game....... (yea...... a game..... ) . We have spoken literally every single day since then! Of course we stopped playing the game back in 2006 but There has not been a day I went without speaking to him! I know it sounds crazy but sadly its true! We no longer use messaging programs anymore since we found out about "Skype" He got himself an unlimited phone plan with T-Mobile, and I got myself a Skype subcription which gives me 3 online numbers of my choice! I chose a Fort Worth Phone number as my own, so he can call me with his unlimited minutes straight to my phone or my computer.

Here are a few of my questions and I would appreciate it if some of you guys could answer them personally for me :D

1 : How often are fiance visa denied? I am so impatient and I miss him so much, and I have a habit of worrying like crazy about the visa ever getting denied... I dont know what I would do!

2 : I do not have a Birth Certificate! I was born in Vietnam back in 1987, my birth certificate has been long lost since then. I have never returned to vietnam eversince I left when I was only 6 months old. I do however have a british passport. Would this affect our petition? Most people born in Vietnam will not have a Birth Certificate, my fiance Binh doesnt have one either but he has his naturalization certificate and his passport. This is driving me mad worrying!

3 : There is a 2 year age difference between me and my fiance. I am turning 22 on the 21st of august, and he is 20. I am nearly exactly 2 years older then him...... Would there be a problem with our age? A lot of people would think that "we might be too young to make the right decision" to get married so soon etc. Do you think we should get our parents to write us a letter of support? I am nearly 22..... I really dont think thats young at all.

4 : When will he need to meet the poverty line requirement?

5: He wants to send 20 photographs of me and him with our I-129F package, is that too many photos?

6 : In 2007, I did not get to visit him and he couldnt visit me because we both had college and no jobs, we couldnt afford to go anywhere that year! Would they question that? But in 2008 I went to visit him twice, once for 18 days and another for 89 days! The border patrol wasnt so happy to see me staying nearly the maximum allowed days in the US and gave me quite a hard time! :P

I know that was a very long read and that I asked alot! But from the evidence that me and him have provided, and everything I have told you about me and him, what are the possibilities of the visa getting denied? The birth certificate thing really worries me! :(

We will be sending our I-129F to the USCIS very soon! He lives in Texas, so the place he should be sending it is the vermont centre correct?

Here is the evidence list we are sending to them!

20x colored photos of me and him

Engagement ring receipt from BlueNile.com

5 Hotel Receipts (photocopies) from Worthington Hotel (one from the day he proposed to me!)

3x flight tickets and 1 photocopy of my passport where I visited him in 2008..... I lost the flight ticket for one of my journey!

Hand written letter I sent to him

Huge skype phone bill... approx 12 pages each month and 75 items on each page..... haha...........

His T-Mobile phone bill

My skype account details which shows my skype numbers

My paypal account overview which shows payments to skype for my online number

Anything else I should add? Do you think that is enough evidence?

Ouch.. I wrote you guys a story! Sorry! I really did try to keep it short :innocent:

Thanks in advanced :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 26th August 2009

I-129F Received: 28th August 2009

Cheque Cashed: 1st September 2009

I-129F NOA1: 5th September 2009

I-129F NOA2: 14th October 2009

Petition Sent to NVC: 17th October 2009

Petition Sent to London Embassy 20th October 2009

Packet 3 Sent Back to Embassy 10th November 2009

Embassy Receives Packet 3 12th November 2009

Medical at KnightsBridge Doctors 25th November 2009

Interview!!!! 8th January 2010 ---- APPROVED!!

Entered USA 24th February 2010

Married 18th March 2010

Adjustment of Status: 8th June 2010

​Bio metrics Appointment: 20th July 2010

Approval: 12th October 2010

Green Card Received: 21st October 2010

Remove Conditions Filed: 6th July 2012

Bio Appointment: 6th August 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Read the Guides. Read the Example Forms. Read the UK Regional Forum.

Save some of the evidence for the interview. At this point you have to prove that you've met within the last 2 years. (passport stamps, boarding passes, flight coupons, a couple of photos of you together, etc.) Again, the guides will help you.

British passport will be fine. However, if needed I am sure that a certified copy of your birth certificate can be obtained in Vietnam. I know that my wife didn't have a problem as she is "old" ( born in '82). :)

Do the work to prepare your case and things will go well. Be lazy, and you will have delays.

Best of luck to you both.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Read the Guides. Read the Example Forms. Read the UK Regional Forum.

Save some of the evidence for the interview. At this point you have to prove that you've met within the last 2 years. (passport stamps, boarding passes, flight coupons, a couple of photos of you together, etc.) Again, the guides will help you.

British passport will be fine. However, if needed I am sure that a certified copy of your birth certificate can be obtained in Vietnam. I know that my wife didn't have a problem as she is "old" ( born in '82). :)

Do the work to prepare your case and things will go well. Be lazy, and you will have delays.

Best of luck to you both.

Thank you ^__^ I live in the UK... But Ill try see if my grandma or aunt/uncle in vietnam can obtain my birth certificate for me!

I just ran into another problem... the new G-325A form only has 1 page and 1 page of instructions..... but I just read around on VJ people said i needed to print out that page 4x and sign and date each and every one of them!! its a conflicting issue and no one has given a straight answer.. I already signed my G-325A form..... but I only printed out 1 copy and sent it yesterday!! Would that be ok?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married 18th March 2010

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay...

1 : How often are fiance visa denied?

I haven't seen too many get denied, have all your paperwork in order and be honest.

2 : I do not have a Birth Certificate! I was born in Vietnam back in 1987, my birth certificate has been long lost since then. I have never returned to vietnam eversince I left when I was only 6 months old. I do however have a british passport. Would this affect our petition? Most people born in Vietnam will not have a Birth Certificate, my fiance Binh doesnt have one either but he has his naturalization certificate and his passport. This is driving me mad worrying!

I personally would try like hell to get a birth certificate. It's always a good thing to have. The Canadian Packet 3 for K1 visa's states the following about unobtainable birth certificates.

EVIDENCE IN LIEU OF AN UNOBTAINABLE BIRTH CERTIFICATE: In rare cases, it may be impossible to

obtain a birth certificate because records have been lost or destroyed through war. In such a case, secondary evidence may

be submitted for consideration, such as a baptismal certificate, hospital certificate, school records, and/or a notarized

affidavit from a close relative, preferably your parents. You must also submit a sworn affidavit (s) explaining why a birth

certificate is unavailable.

3 : There is a 2 year age difference between me and my fiance. I am turning 22 on the 21st of august, and he is 20. I am nearly exactly 2 years older then him...... Would there be a problem with our age? A lot of people would think that "we might be too young to make the right decision" to get married so soon etc. Do you think we should get our parents to write us a letter of support? I am nearly 22..... I really dont think thats young at all.

It doesn't matter there is 15 years between my SO and I and we got approved.

Pretty much now. You will need to prove financial support at your interview. If he cannot meet income requirements now would be a good time to get a cosponsor lined up.

5: He wants to send 20 photographs of me and him with our I-129F package, is that too many photos?

Some people submit entire photoalbums its up to you. I provided like 3 or 4.

6 : In 2007, I did not get to visit him and he couldnt visit me because we both had college and no jobs, we couldnt afford to go anywhere that year! Would they question that? But in 2008 I went to visit him twice, once for 18 days and another for 89 days! The border patrol wasnt so happy to see me staying nearly the maximum allowed days in the US and gave me quite a hard time!

You met the requirements of meeting within the past two years so you're good to go.

I-751 file: 11/07/11

NOA1 date: 11/10/11

Biometrics: 11/30/11

Approval: 08/17/12

Hold what you got and maintain.

Most of the K-1's I have seen denied was due to either, "Not meeting in the 2yr period prior to the petition", or "Not a bonafide relationship"

Vietnam and China seem pretty tough on that last reason.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Okay...

Thank you so much! I didnt think someone would actually answer each of my question one by one! :star:

Most of the K-1's I have seen denied was due to either, "Not meeting in the 2yr period prior to the petition", or "Not a bonafide relationship"

Yea they are pretty tough but...... I live in London, England, I left vietnam since I was only a baby. I will be at the American Embassy in London so I think I would be fine there!

I was looking at this website: http://www.kheryn.com/k1/londonembassy.html#call

It is a couples experience with their fiance visa process! It is quite dated but it confused me a bit! Why does the beneficiary have to contact the US Embassy in london? Do I have to contact them for forms?

If you look at the website, timeline etc.... The guy "Dan" is the beneficiary... and it says he called the US embassy for some forms? Im just wondering what other things do I (the beneficiary) need to gather apart from everything on the I-129F.

Married 18th March 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

If you can print out four of the bio forms and sign each one, you'll be better off. Get what evidence you can (even if sworn affidavits from your relatives) of your birth date and birth place in Viet Nam. Finally, about 2-3 weeks after the 129-F petition is approved, then it is time to begin preparing all the papers to be submitted to the consulate in London. Follow the guidelines here and you'll be OK. Until the USCIS file arrives in London, there is no point in calling to get the necessary package of forms and instructions.

Okay...

Thank you so much! I didnt think someone would actually answer each of my question one by one! :star:

Yea they are pretty tough but...... I live in London, England, I left vietnam since I was only a baby. I will be at the American Embassy in London so I think I would be fine there!

I was looking at this website: http://www.kheryn.com/k1/londonembassy.html#call

It is a couples experience with their fiance visa process! It is quite dated but it confused me a bit! Why does the beneficiary have to contact the US Embassy in london? Do I have to contact them for forms?

If you look at the website, timeline etc.... The guy "Dan" is the beneficiary... and it says he called the US embassy for some forms? Im just wondering what other things do I (the beneficiary) need to gather apart from everything on the I-129F.

Just clicked on it and it is from 03. I would just ignore most of that stuff since it is so old. Lots has changed since we went through London in 07. Look on here for more updated experiences.

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Are you a British citizen? If so, how did you get your citizenship without a BC from vietnam? :)

My fiance is from Afghanistan, so I understand your pain with not being able to find an easy way to get a birth certificate! :)

--------------------

OMAR & HALEY'S K-1 PROCESS

11/11/2008 - FILED I-129F

11/18/2008 - NOA1 RECEIVED

03/11/2009 - RECEIVED NOA2 (approved!)

03/19/2009 - NVC RECEIVED CASE FILE

04/01/2009 - NVC SENT CASE TO ISL EMBASSY

04/06/2009 - ISL EMBASSY RECEIVED CASE FILE

********* - NEVER RECEIVED PACKET 3.5 FROM ISL (called / emailed, no luck)

********* - CREATED OUR OWN PACKET WITH ITEMS THE ISL EMBASSY TOLD US IN EMAIL THAT THEY NEEDED

06/10/2009 - SUBMITTED PACKET 3.5 TO AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

06/16/2009 - RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER THROUGH AMEX IN ISLAMABAD

07/20/2009 - INTERVIEW (approved!) AP

10/12/2009 - 3 MONTHS OF AP COMPLETE...

10/21/2009 - CALL TO SUBMIT PASSPORT!

11/04/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD RECIEVED PASSPORT IN MAIL (NOW UNDER FINAL REVIEW)

11/16/2009 - U.S. EMBASSY, ISLAMABAD MAILED PASSPORT W/ VISA TO U.S. EMBASSY KABUL

11/22/2009 - CALL TO PICK UP PASSPORT!

12/01/2009 - FLYING TO U.S.!!!!!!!!!

12/02/2009 - HE'S HERE!!! <3 <3 <3

12/07/2009 - MARRIED IN COLORADO! <3

12/20/2010 - APPLIED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD

04/09/2010 - RECEIVED WORK AUTHORIZATION CARD IN THE MAIL!

06/20/2010 - DID SECOND INTERVIEW

08/10/2010 - RECEIVED 2-YEAR GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Are you a British citizen? If so, how did you get your citizenship without a BC from vietnam? :)

My fiance is from Afghanistan, so I understand your pain with not being able to find an easy way to get a birth certificate! :)

I am a british citizen with a passport. How i got my citizenship? Living in the UK for over 10 years..... No Birth Certificate because....... Ever heard of the Vietnam War? XD Things got messed up pretty badly =p It got lost while my parents moved from Vietnam - Hong Kong back in 1988... :wacko: Going to try and ask relatives in Vietnam to see if they can get a hold of my Birth Cert, otherwise really, theres no way of getting it back. Isnt my British passport enough?

If you can print out four of the bio forms and sign each one, you'll be better off. Get what evidence you can (even if sworn affidavits from your relatives) of your birth date and birth place in Viet Nam. Finally, about 2-3 weeks after the 129-F petition is approved, then it is time to begin preparing all the papers to be submitted to the consulate in London. Follow the guidelines here and you'll be OK. Until the USCIS file arrives in London, there is no point in calling to get the necessary package of forms and instructions.

Do u happen to have the link for the next step after the petition is approved? I will be sending 4 g-325A forms to my fiance again on Monday just to be safe :)

Married 18th March 2010

Hi everyone!

I know there is a search function on VJ but I want to ask quite a few questions and also I want to get to know the people on VJ and also let everyone here know about me and my fiance :)

My name is Trang and my Fiance's name is Binh. I am from London, England, and he lives in Fort Worth, Texas =P We are both Vietnamese.

I met Binh back in September 2005 online by chance on a game....... (yea...... a game..... ) . We have spoken literally every single day since then! Of course we stopped playing the game back in 2006 but There has not been a day I went without speaking to him! I know it sounds crazy but sadly its true! We no longer use messaging programs anymore since we found out about "Skype" He got himself an unlimited phone plan with T-Mobile, and I got myself a Skype subcription which gives me 3 online numbers of my choice! I chose a Fort Worth Phone number as my own, so he can call me with his unlimited minutes straight to my phone or my computer.

Here are a few of my questions and I would appreciate it if some of you guys could answer them personally for me :D

1 : How often are fiance visa denied? I am so impatient and I miss him so much, and I have a habit of worrying like crazy about the visa ever getting denied... I dont know what I would do!

6 : In 2007, I did not get to visit him and he couldnt visit me because we both had college and no jobs, we couldnt afford to go anywhere that year! Would they question that? But in 2008 I went to visit him twice, once for 18 days and another for 89 days! The border patrol wasnt so happy to see me staying nearly the maximum allowed days in the US and gave me quite a hard time! :P

I know that was a very long read and that I asked alot! But from the evidence that me and him have provided, and everything I have told you about me and him, what are the possibilities of the visa getting denied? The birth certificate thing really worries me! :(

We will be sending our I-129F to the USCIS very soon! He lives in Texas, so the place he should be sending it is the vermont centre correct?

Here is the evidence list we are sending to them!

20x colored photos of me and him

Engagement ring receipt from BlueNile.com

5 Hotel Receipts (photocopies) from Worthington Hotel (one from the day he proposed to me!)

3x flight tickets and 1 photocopy of my passport where I visited him in 2008..... I lost the flight ticket for one of my journey!

Hand written letter I sent to him

Huge skype phone bill... approx 12 pages each month and 75 items on each page..... haha...........

His T-Mobile phone bill

My skype account details which shows my skype numbers

My paypal account overview which shows payments to skype for my online number

Anything else I should add? Do you think that is enough evidence?

Ouch.. I wrote you guys a story! Sorry! I really did try to keep it short :innocent:

Thanks in advanced :)

hey what kind of game did you guys met. :thumbs:

usa01.gif

Mike and Anettedk04.gif

03-07-07 Anette arrived in San Diego on a K-1 Visa

04-04-07 Married in Las Vegas

lovebirds.gif

AOS

06-01-07 Mailed AOS/AP to NBC

06-12-07 Recieved NOA by mail for AOS

07-10-07 Biometric appointment for AOS

08-03-07 AOS touched after they recieved RFE

08-14-07 Approval notice on AP is sent

08-18-07 Approval notice on AP recieved

09-07-07 Recieved Interview date by mail

10-23-07 AOS Interview / Approved

10-24-07 Card production ordered

10-29-07 Welcome Letter recieved

11-02-07 Greencard recieved

Remove Condition

08-05-09 Mailed I-751 to CSC

08-10-09 NOA1 Receipt date

08-15-09 Recieved NOA1 by mail

08-20-09 Recieved BIO date by mail

09-04-09 Biometric Appointment

09-08-09 Touch

11-25-09 Card production ordered

12-03-09 Approval Letter recieved

12-04-09 Greencard recieved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

You do not need to call the embassy for paperwork. They will send you a letter with instructions on how to fill forms out online and then you just print them and mail them back. We call this packet 3. Once they have put all your paperwork into the system they will send you a letter with an interview scheduled. This is what we call packet 4. Some people call them to find out if they can change an interview appointment or to find out if paperwork was recieved etc.

Try to get a birth certificate. I have read here on VJ about British citizens from Pakistan/India who were put into Administrative processing by the London Embassy because they did not have a BC. AP means they need to do more background checks or other investigating into you or your fiancee and it can take weeks to months to years. If you can not get one, get school records, doctor's records, baptismal records etc.

Spring 2006 ~ Met in World of Warcraft

5/07~ Fell in Love

5/29/07 ~ Officially a couple

9/15//07-09/22/07 ~ His first visit

12/29/07 - 1/12/08 ~ His second visit

4/25/08 - 5/5/08 ~ His third visit

5/4/08 ~ Engaged !

8/30/08 ~ 9/6/08 ~ His fourth visit

12/23/08 ~ 01/17/09 ~ His fifth visit

01/06/09 ~ K-1 finally filed!!!!

01/12/09 ~ NOA1

04/10/09 ~ 5 days in London, then 10 days with the in-laws to be in France!

04/25/09 ~ Back home...waiting...

05/28/09 ~ NOA2

08/04/09 ~ Medical

08/11/09 ~ Interview!! ~ APPROVED!!

08/23/09 ~ POE Phillie

10/10/09 ~ Wedding!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Please do study the guides. THe answer is there. It's critical to your success that you carefully study the guides and all for form instructions. When you do, read carefully, interpret literally and answer or respond accurately and honestly.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You do not need to call the embassy for paperwork. They will send you a letter with instructions on how to fill forms out online and then you just print them and mail them back. We call this packet 3. Once they have put all your paperwork into the system they will send you a letter with an interview scheduled. This is what we call packet 4. Some people call them to find out if they can change an interview appointment or to find out if paperwork was recieved etc.

Try to get a birth certificate. I have read here on VJ about British citizens from Pakistan/India who were put into Administrative processing by the London Embassy because they did not have a BC. AP means they need to do more background checks or other investigating into you or your fiancee and it can take weeks to months to years. If you can not get one, get school records, doctor's records, baptismal records etc.

Years......? Oh my god....! I have asylum papers from when I first entered England in 1992. My family was what you called "one of the Boat people" who fled Vietnam. My birth Certificate was lost at sea in 1988. I have tried calling back to Vietnam to get my Birth Certificate but there is no luck! The Vietnamese Embassy in London do not answer phone calls however much I try calling...... I do still have my travel documents from when I was 8 or so... would that be any good either?

:crying: I am seriously sad now

Married 18th March 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't be sad. USCIS is not unreasonable. I am sure as long as you have your asylum papers, maybe even a letter from family explaining what happened (sworn affidavits) it will be OK. I mean not everyone comes from perfect, record keeping backgrounds.

Just take it one day at a time, keep trying to get your birth certificate (perhaps get a family member to try in Vietnam). You'll be ok

Good luck..

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.