MarieAnastasia

Anybody else out there homesick??????????

53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

... instead i am stuck sitting around here.

i think you need to reevaluate your priorities ... you came here to be with keith.

sometimes, i think many members lose sight of the reason that they moved to america ... it was the person that you couldn't live without. i relocated 3 years ago from everything and everyone i knew ... the more that you dwell of the negative, the more you are just going to drag yourself down ... mentally, emotionally and physically. why do that to yourself?

sorry that mark isn't more supportive for you, amanda! (F)

Well yeah i came here to be with Keith, but I cant be with Keith 24/7. When he's at work (1:30pm-10), I am sitting around waiting for him to come home. I know why I moved to America, and no I cant live without him, wanting more in my life doesnt make me negative. There is nothing wrong with missing home and nothing wrong with feeling in a rut. It doesnt mean my priorities need reevaluating.

Hey Stina and OP I think you're right on. Like others have said, allow yourself to feel what you feel. The reason you moved to America was your husband, but nobody can live their life living only for their relationship! You need friends, a job/volunteer work, or whatever else it is that makes you happy. You guys moved here to *share* your lives with someone, not hand it over to them :)

I know everything is going to be ok eventually, and if it's not, you'll find a new solution.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well.... I wish I had the chance to be homesick! It's all I want...... but we're still apart!!!! :angry:

Good luck to you and I hope you feel better! (F)

OUR COMPLETE TIMELINE

Latest steps:

10/26/2006- Consulate receives case (seriously, one month to receive the case?? BS!), and packet 3 that I sent even before they had received the case.

01/02/2007- Interview!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a 221(g)

01/23/2007- Second Interview. VISA granted!!!

01/29/2007- VISA arrived.... no envelope though. I'm gonna contact them and see what happened this time!

01/31/2007- I'll have to send them one last financial support evidence.

02/01/2007- Evidence sent

02/02/2007- Evidence received by Consulate

02/06/2007- Consulate sends envelope!

02/07/2007- Envelope received!!!

02/10/2007- Flew to the USA!!!!!!

04/17/2007- Wedding day!!!

--- Wish us luck!!! ---

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I was very homesick at the start. We moved over from ireland 5 months ago. Ok the immigration process is really a drag and it kills me that i cannot work.But you know what its not for long.Keep telling yourself that. I cannot wait for the day when i get my EAD and then the GC.I just want to be able to support my wife as well.Its not fair that she has been working for 4 and a half months to support us both.

Im off for an infopass meeting tomorrow to find out where my rfe is and hopefully they can tell me what i need so i move on with the process. I dont believe that an rfe sent 18 days gets lost in the post!!!!.

To the op try not to worry.Yes its a pain but once this gets doen you dont have to deal with immigration for another year and a half.

I-751 - Removal of conditions

10-20-2008 - Sent package via usps - overnite mail

10-22-2008 - Package received and signed.

10-28-2008 - Cheque cashed

12-02-2008 - Biometrics in Boston

10-03-2009 - Transferred to CSV

10-04-2009 - 10 year GC on the way

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for all your feedback..................{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: Timeline

Well, when I first moved to Canada to be with my hubby I actually didn't mind it. And then all of a sudden, after about a year and a half, homesickness hit me full force. And ever since then I can't think of anything except how much I want to be back in the U.S. I hate it here. And I can say that because we're doing something about it not long after our interview - we're finally leaving.

Anyway, I know how you feel and I'm sad for you because I know how much you must ache for your home. I hope it gets better for you.

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Timeline
Well, when I first moved to Canada to be with my hubby I actually didn't mind it. And then all of a sudden, after about a year and a half, homesickness hit me full force. And ever since then I can't think of anything except how much I want to be back in the U.S. I hate it here. And I can say that because we're doing something about it not long after our interview - we're finally leaving.

Anyway, I know how you feel and I'm sad for you because I know how much you must ache for your home. I hope it gets better for you.

Thanks. I've only been here for 3 months and I want to go back home so bad.....but with my husband. Every day I feel I'm losing a part of myself. This is a total 360 for me. From family and friends, everything was within walking distance. Lots to do and volunteer work to no ends. Not enough hours in the day..........From all that to being in the middle of nowhere, can't walk anywhere do to wild animals, not a soul to talk to other than my husband who leaves 3 in the morning til 5 in the evening or 3:30 in the evening to 5 in the morning!!!!! I know all I do is complain it seems but at least it's talking but I'm become somebody I don't like anymore. I am totally dependent on hubby and I've never had to do that before (in my adult life). I can't even make reservations for a trip home because my AP was denied and now it has to be resent to Nebraska or back to Chicago due to me ticking off the wrong block :wacko:

I know I said for better or worse but I thought that was going to be years down the road :P .............{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

THe one thing that stops me from moving to OZ is the homesick factor. I'd do it if it needed to bedone but I would miss my parents and friends SOOO much. I feel for you all!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

i get homesick... i miss being able to just walk down to beach and zone out for a few hours. i miss being around my family, and i have a new nephew i probably won't meet for quite a while yet. but i am not sick of being in the states. its totally opposite of MarieAnastasia. i came from a small town and moved here to a major city.

its hard overcoming boredom and that usually lets loneliness and homesickness creep in. you have to find some way to make friends or find activities so you don't lose it. maybe you should invite a few of the wives over for coffee or throw a party/bbq. its hard being an "outsider" but perhaps you just need to make the first step. i am sure they will warm up to you in time. in the meantime, find some time-consuming hobbies that will eat up some of the hours.

since its not far from the border, perhaps friends and family can visit periodically?

maybe later on, he will want to move to canada, or you will be more comfortable in your area, or even find a bigger city in your state. just try and give it some time, and do your best to be positive about the situation. you're with your guy and starting a whole new life together.

GOOD LUCK!

Adjustment of Status

July 1 2006 - Sent EAD & AOS packet

Sept 19 2006 - EAD APPROVED

Sept 22 2006 - AOS APPROVED

Sept 23 2006 - EAD card arrived

Sept 29 2006 - GC arrived!!!

Removal of Conditions

Jul 9 2008 - Filed @ VSC

Feb 25 2009 - Transferred to CSC

June 20 2009 - Card production ordered

NATURALIZATION

Aug 24 2009 - Mailed N-400 priority mail

Aug 26 2009 - rec'd at TX Lockbox

Aug 27 2009 - NOA1 (rec'd 8/31)

Aug 28 2009 - check cashed

Sept 4 2009 - biometrics notice [rec'd Sept 9]

Sept 25 2009 - Biometrics

Oct 17 2009 - Email about file transfer for interview

Oct 21 2009 - Interview Letter Rec'd

Dec 8 2009 - Interview - PASSED!!!!!!

Dec 19 2009 - Oath Letter rec'd

Jan 14 2010 - OATH CEREMONY!!!!

Jan 15 2010 - Passport app.

Jan 21 2010 - Nat. cert. returned

Jan 22 2010 - Passport rec'd

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Got a church you could join? a library with 'clubs'? town festivals you could volunteer at? garden center? book store? or have your hubby invite anyone and everyone he knows over for a BBQ. These are all great ways to meet people in a small town. Instead of investing it all in what you miss about your hometown, try to channel it into finding things where you are now. Yes it's hard, but no harder than the immigration process, you got through that and now you can get through this :)

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not you too marieanastasia! Not already! hugs (F)

I can so relate to how you're feeling, I've been here a year now, and probably have gone through a similar change. imho, I think it may be tougher for us older ones, just because we've already spent decades :o establishing ourselves and to start all over is really really tough, especially when all of our resources are in another country!

I have no great ideas for you, still struggling with how to get through this myself. But message me, and we can chat on the phone if you like :D

Hang in there girl. Let's hope that AP gets approved soon. You need to go down east!

Thanks. I've only been here for 3 months and I want to go back home so bad.....but with my husband. Every day I feel I'm losing a part of myself. This is a total 360 for me. From family and friends, everything was within walking distance. Lots to do and volunteer work to no ends. Not enough hours in the day..........From all that to being in the middle of nowhere, can't walk anywhere do to wild animals, not a soul to talk to other than my husband who leaves 3 in the morning til 5 in the evening or 3:30 in the evening to 5 in the morning!!!!! I know all I do is complain it seems but at least it's talking but I'm become somebody I don't like anymore. I am totally dependent on hubby and I've never had to do that before (in my adult life). I can't even make reservations for a trip home because my AP was denied and now it has to be resent to Nebraska or back to Chicago due to me ticking off the wrong block :wacko:

I know I said for better or worse but I thought that was going to be years down the road :P .............{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Timeline

this is really hitting home for me know because I am expecting my first child and knowing that our baby won't be able to really get to know all his/her grandparents.. :( This is my parents first grandchild too... I really feel bad for them :( .... My hubby's parents have 11 grandchildren, not that they are any less excited about another grandchild but you know what I mean....

My dad will make a great grandparent and he has been waiting for awhile know for his first grandchild... I just feel like I am depriving him of that :crying: ... They will probably be there when the baby is born but they won't be able to see the baby grow up etc... only through short visits, pictures etc......

Sorry, I am rambling away and probably not making a whole lot of sense.... :P

I am going back to Canada for about a week at the beginning of August... Hubby has to work so he can't come with me... My grandma (she lives in Manitoba) is going to be visiting my family and I haven't seen her since David and I got married just over 2 years ago.....

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Heck... I miss her home more than she does!!! :blush:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

I know your pain too. I miss home alot. I miss lots of things about home. It's been alot harder than I thought it would be. I too had my family and clan of friends and was a busy bee back home and since being here it's been an extra long vacation that gets a bit irritating after awhile. I miss home too. Hang in there, things will be alright. Just remember why you came here in the first place.

this is really hitting home for me know because I am expecting my first child and knowing that our baby won't be able to really get to know all his/her grandparents.. This is my parents first grandchild too... I really feel bad for them .... My hubby's parents have 11 grandchildren, not that they are any less excited about another grandchild but you know what I mean....

My dad will make a great grandparent and he has been waiting for awhile know for his first grandchild... I just feel like I am depriving him of that ... They will probably be there when the baby is born but they won't be able to see the baby grow up etc... only through short visits, pictures etc......

This has been the hardest thing for my parents, especially for my mom. I am yet not pregnant or anything like that but when we do have children she's gonna miss out as well and reminds me alot. Not to make me feel bad but to communicate that she's really having a hard time with the idea. I don't know what to do to reassure her or to make things better. I feel like part of me has taken a dream away from her. My inlaws already have a granddaughter, well she's a stepgrandaughter but they've seen her grow up since she was little. I just feel horrible for my parents

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Alicia, at least your not separated by an ocean! It's no worse than having family in FL and living in CA! Not all families grow up in the same town together! It's not like you won't be able to travel and see them, or vice versa! :luv:

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment