MarieAnastasia

Anybody else out there homesick??????????

53 posts in this topic

Interesting thread

Still in the K1 process here, I do agree that it's prolly harder for older folk.

3 years ago I moved to Runcorn with my mum, and I was sooo homesick. Money and circumstances (those expensive wedding things darn it ;) ) just meant it hasn't really been possible.

Being a country girl and moving somewhere akin to a rabbit warren has been very tough, it has taken me a while to see some of the good points this place has. It will never be like my real home (Cornwall). I think I will always consider that place my home.

Eh...anyway my point was gonna be that in those 3 years I progressed quite a long way, I do not think I will be homesick (Especially not for Runcorn lol) when I leave and Cornwall..well when/(if!) I get AP I will be seeing it more often than I do now. Even though it's a 3rd round of compleatly different life, there's something very homely about my SO's neighbourhood, I am always glad to be there (though the roads scare me a bit).

Human beings are wonderful at adapting, for the original poster I agree what someone else was saying, you will prolly feel a lot better once you can drive! I've never had that freedom so I won't feel that I'm missing it yet :D I cannot wait to learn to drive though, I think it will do a lot for you.

Best wishes and good luck for everyone :luv:

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am always homesick and now that found a life partner,its even worse !

I-130

6/08/06 : Sent I-130

07/12/06 : CIS Cashed check and assigned a Case# to my I-130

07/17/06: Received NOA1!

I-129F

07/18/06 : Sent I-129F (New form that includes IMBRA Question)

07/26/06 : Recieved NOA1!

Im actually home sick for the states now!! Id only been there 18 months but to be honest it felt more like home than Birmingham England ever felt. Ive lived in London for a few years and Belgium for a few years so I guess "home" doesnt feel like "home" anymore, it actually feels more like the past than my home.

Randomly matched up by a computer as penpals at eleven years old in French Language class (1988)

Letters/Emails/Phonecalls continue for the next 16 years.

Kerri Visits England for a month 25/05/04

We get engaged following a wonderful weekend trip to Brussels as a birthday treat for Kerri.

K1 Petition Received by Nebraska 17/07/04

[10/01/05 Interview in London. Success - K1 Visa Aproved!

28/01/05 Kerri & I get married!!

20/04/05 Mail out AOS & EAD forms 1 day before due!!

07/07/05 EAD Received but returned for incorrect DOB!!

31/08/05 Hurricane Katrina Rolls into New Orleans, we pack up and evacuate to Cordova TNcolor]

25/11/05 Corrected EAD finally received after being mailed to New Orleans the day after Katrina

20/12/05 AOS Approved without interview after transfer to California.

28/04/06 I head back to England for 3 to 4 months whilst my wife completes a training shcool.

07/05/05 Things are looking up!! I get a well paid job. Ive started my driving lessons1

29/05/06 My Wife tells me she is not ready to be married and wants a divorce.

18/06/05 My wife officially starts divorce proceedings.

Filed: Other Timeline

well, I haven't read the entire thread (I can't find my glasses and the type is too small here!), but I just wanted to say that I totally know where you're at, cuz I'm there too and it sux.

I've been here nearly 2 years and several times I've considered just packing up and going home. My husband has considered packing me up and sending me home :P This town is much like where you're living I think, very suspicious of outsiders and they look at me like I'm from Mars whenever I say pretty much anything. I have yet to meet anyone here who I could hang out with, anyone I've met makes me feel very uncomfortable by complaining about all the damn immigrants :( People here are outwardly polite, but not what I'd call friendly. My inlaws were anything but friendly, which really didn't help either. Both parents-in-law have since died, and my husband's one and only brother doesn't speak to me at all, he'll even leave without a word if he walks in and finds me in a room. That hurts I must say.

I do have a part time job, but even people there are unforgiving of immigration and then try to say "oh but not you Reba, you're Canadian so you don't count" :P ugh...and most are much younger than me, I'm old enough to be their mother in fact, so we don't have a whole lot in common. (I work in a pizza shop)

I got home for a short visit just last week, I was there a week and a half, and felt regenerated when I got back, tho its quickly diminishing. This town just sucks the life out of ya somehow.

I got to visit with my old Aunt one day while home, and she lived in the US for about 44 years with her American husband (she's 89 years old, and just moved back to Toronto last summer). She said after all those years, she never felt at home, never felt that she fit in, and always always felt homesick for Toronto. She loved her husband heart body and soul, but even after 44 years, she never felt at home in the US. And she'd lived in different parts of the country, in 4 different states.

I'm not quite sure if that makes me feel better about my homesickness or makes me feel worse that it's not likely to get any better! At the very least, it makes me feel a bit justified for how I feel knowing that despite best efforts, sometimes homesickness is not curable.

We're trying to find somewhere to move that may be a bit more multicultural with more stuff to do, but we have a lot of stuff here to tie up before we can. Then we have to find somewhere that may even have jobs we can do...which ain't easy! THEN we're going to work on Canadian immigration again, and see about moving up there near my family. Or even further north out of this infernal heat! I hate sweating :P

Hang in there. I won't say it'll get better because it may well not. I think tho, according to my Aunt, you just kinda get used to it. *hugs*

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so glad I started this thread because now I know that it's just not me and I'm really not cracking up! :blush: Thanks so much for letting me know I'm not alone.

But I do have some good ....no let me rephrase that .......some WONDERFUL news :dance: ..............I got my Advance Parole on Tuesday. We went to South Portland for an Infopass appointment (I started this in another thread). And they did my biometrics (wasn't expecting that!! :dance: )and gave me my travelling documents (multiple trips for a year). God bless this angel who served us, she could see the pain I was going through being separated from my family. The Nursing Home my Dad is in also wrote a letter explaining how close I am to my Dad and that he misses me very much. So I will fly to Alberta on July 26 for my grand daughter's birth then to Newfoundland for Dad's 98th birthday and family reunion. My wonderful husband will be joining me there and we'll drive back to Maine together. (L)

Thanks again for listening to me complain but just knowing I CAN go back to Canada whenever I feel it's necessary, has taken 100% of the stress off. And I thank God every day for the wonderful man I married (even though I think he was ready to ship me back too :P ) .......Just kidding{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Oh congrats! Thats wonderful. I so want to go back home too. I'm going to try and make it for Christmas if possible!! Alberta not farm from where I'm from MarieAnastasia! I hope your trip goes well!

ticker.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everybody....you guys are the greatest!!! (L) ....{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)